MLB Playoffs 2024

Oh well. The Royals overachieved on the season and won a playoff series. Go Guardians or Tigers.

Great outing from Cole last night.
I STILL think the Yankees will win the World Series. It's their year. Even when they underperform, things fall right into place for them.
We shall see. The LCS has been where they tap out for the better part of the past fifteen years. Lots of hot and feisty teams left in the Mets, Tigers, and Padres, and the Dodgers are obviously very good. But I would not at all be surprised to see a couple of the upstarts meet at the end.

Great outing from Cole last night.

We shall see. The LCS has been where they tap out for the better part of the past fifteen years. Lots of hot and feisty teams left in the Mets, Tigers, and Padres, and the Dodgers are obviously very good. But I would not at all be surprised to see a couple of the upstarts meet at the end.

All signs point to Yankees/Dodgers World Series now. As expected.

Good for MLB I guess. They'll get Judge, Soto and Shohei in the World Series, with the two largest markets and the two biggest bandwagon fanbases tuning in.

All signs point to Yankees/Dodgers World Series now. As expected.

Good for MLB I guess. They'll get Judge, Soto and Shohei in the World Series, with the two largest markets and the two biggest bandwagon fanbases tuning in.
LA doesn’t need to be there. Subway Series is fine by me.

God I hope not. The only likeable team in all of this is Cleveland.
I get it. But Arizona made it last year and no one really cared.

I was hoping the Padres would advance over LA but their bats absolutely died in that series after the Dodgers’ bitchfit, bar one inning in Game 3.

I get it. But Arizona made it last year and no one really cared.

I was hoping the Padres would advance over LA but their bats absolutely died in that series after the Dodgers’ bitchfit, bar one inning in Game 3.
I mean my bias taints my view because as a Phillies fan **** the Mets and the Yankees.

LA doesn’t need to be there. Subway Series is fine by me.

I want Cleveland vs. Mets, but it was always going to be Yankees/Dodgers.

The MLB really needs salary caps, not the half-assed version they got now written with so many loopholes.

Anytime there's a big name up for free agency, you can bet the farm they'll end up with the Yankees or Dodgers.

I want Cleveland vs. Mets, but it was always going to be Yankees/Dodgers.

The MLB really needs salary caps, not the half-assed version they got now written with so many loopholes.

Anytime there's a big name up for free agency, you can bet the farm they'll end up with the Yankees or Dodgers.
I think we talked a lot bit about this in the offseason when Shohei got that wild contract from LAD, but they’ll never get a cap implemented without a floor as well. The NBA’s is 90% of the cap now, iirc. As it is now there are just too many clubs that are okay not spending any money on payroll and being net recipients from the revenue sharing formula each year. I’m talking Pirates, Rays, A’s, etc.

And I should add that with how massive these player contracts are now I don’t even think the MLBPA would approve of a cap. So Idk where you even begin really.

I can't bring myself to root for the Yankees under any circumstances (go Cleveland!), but I can pragmatically recognize that MLB can benefit from a Dodgers / Yankees - Ohtani / Judge World Series. Playoff viewership is rebounding, the pace of play rules changes have made these games much more watchable, and the momentum is there to produce WS ratings not seen for many years. As much as I'm in favor of MLB finally taking a smarter more NFL-like approach to revenue sharing, it starts with boosting the factors that drive national interest and get MLB out of the regional hole they've been in.

I first went to a game here as a kid probably two full decades ago now, and today work just down the road from it. Wild to think that it may finally have died after getting blown open by a hurricane. Perhaps the ultimate irony would be the Rays finally getting their chance at playing in Tampa by way of the Yankees and Steinbrenner Field.

Back
Top Bottom