Monaco Race

D

dragonlady424

M. Schumacher got his just deserts at the end of qually when he "deliberately" stopped his car in the middle of the Rascasse(sp?) turn, forcing the drivers behind him to slow and not be able to take P-1 from him.
Fernando Alonso was pretty upset as was his crew chief!!!! That was DIRTY POOL on M.S. part. Guess they try to cheat in F-1 too. JMHO, but I have always felt an aura of arrogance from M.S. anyway. Just don't like the guy!!!!

Silly season has already started in F-1. Alonso won't be with McClaren/Mercedes next year; prolly going to Ferrari. JP Montoya has been told his services won't be needed too. So he is looking for a new team.

Just wish M.S. wasn't such a good driver, though. LOL He did work his way from P22, to finish 5th in the race. And Monaco is not an easy course to pass on. Alonso won, and JP was 2nd. Good stuff!!!!
Kimi Raikennen's engine let go, so that ended his day.
More details at the F-1 web site.

why doesnt speed show F1 races on the same da, or at least live? The Spa race was live and the few were on the same day when thay came on after nascar race day, but the race that was yesterday will be broadcast friday..why??? I think canada is the next live broadcast race.

There is usually abput a 12 hour time difference. If ya wanna watch it at anywhere between 3 and 5 AM in the morning, you can. We TIVO it and watch it at our leisure. When CBS televises F-1, it is tape delay and Speed cannot show it live due to some dern contractural thingey or other.
The Canadian and USA, and Brazilian Grand Prix are more near USA times, so it is better for us. But more difficult, time wise for all the folks across the "pond". That F-1 site has a time conversion chart you can refer to that converts Euro time to USA time if you are interested.

Where d you hear about Alonso skipping out on Mclaren/MB?!? I havent seen that around yet.

MS is arrogant, and he did pull some serious crap on qualifying. But he go what he deserves I guess!

One of the other things that has been bugging me, why is renault so hard on fisichella?!? He is 4th in driver points, ahead of MASSA and tied iwth Mclarens #1 guy. I know he is not tippity top but he is far from horrible!

It's been media hype for nearly 4 weeks now. Ralph Shaheen and Derrick Daley, broadcasted Monaco and they mentioned it too. The other pair that I really like so well, (can't bring their names to mind right now), have also talked about it. Seems to me do be a "done deal". It's late for me tonight, LOL or I would go research it for a bit and see if I can find something solid for ya.

Everything I have read says alonso is staying with mlcaren/mercedes. I think we would be better at ferrari seeing mclarens reliability issues... but if you have schuey and alonso at farrari who is #1?!?!

His time has come!!!!

:D Am I the only one who feels Schumacher is hanging onto a lost cause. He has clearly met his match with el fernando ALONSO why continue. Personally I feel he should hav retired at the top of his game when he became the world champion for the seventh time. He will go down as one of the greats of F1 but its schuys time to go. It has always happened to lifs great achevers just look at diago Marradonna.Need i say more :confused:

^ I disagree, 2 wins, 1 questionable race at monaco, 1 wreck yet he is still in the #2 spot.... how can you say he has met his match? cancle that wreck and give him minimal poinst and he is still in the hunt.

dragonlady424 said:
When CBS televises F-1, it is tape delay and Speed cannot show it live due to some dern contractural thingey or other.

most of the qualifying is live and i believe the spa race was live (on speed). OR is sped and CBS pulling a NBC/FOX on formula 1?

nattirex said:
^ I disagree, 2 wins, 1 questionable race at monaco, 1 wreck yet he is still in the #2 spot.... how can you say he has met his match? cancle that wreck and give him minimal poinst and he is still in the hunt.

OK nattirex how about ferrari not being top dog nomore after their years of domination they are being beat by a not so glamorous french car made in evn less glamourous ENGLAND :rolleyes: :p

I just think it is a little early in the season to start the "Ferrari Bashing" when they have the #2 driver and stand #2 in the constructors championship. Up to this point I agree that Renault has been perfect, but realise that both Mclaren and Ferrari have had crashes and retierments, and I while I personally HOPE Alsonso finishes every race, 1 DNF by Alsons and a win by M Schumacher will pull them to only 11 points apart.

Seeing as massa was fastest at practioce this week I would say ferrari will be on Renaults heels allll year long....

I do agree though, Renault is the tea mto beat for sure...

i get caught up trying to explain this stuff to my girlfriend and it never works. i found a watered-down version of the rules at www.budweiser.com/1 it comes in handy!

Back
Top Bottom