More Are NASCAR Drivers Athletes

This is awesome. Being an athlete for my school (soccer) this intrigues me. Most of my teammates find nascar abhorrently boring and I've gotten into many feuds with them over driver athleticism. In a sport where I run an average of 5 miles a game, I'd love to see how drivers stack up against soccer players

to the naysayers, i say....one thing for sure, it's not a game.

You know what they say...

"Motor racing, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only real sports. Everything else is just a game."

:D

I've always said if golfers are considered athletes then race car drivers are athletes.

Either way, they're race car drivers. That's enough for me.
All the stuff they have to deal with.... it's kinda unique, just like everything else. Every sport or job or whatever it is we do, puts a strain on us.
If it fits the definition of athlete, fine. If not, fine.

You have to be a little different, have something most others don't to compete at the highest levels in any field. Job, sport or otherwise.

What they do ain't easy and I appreciate and respect it. Just like I do when an nfl player returns a ball 60 yards for a td or Jordan dunks from the free throw line.

Interesting article. One difference is that the concentration of a driver is constant at speed with few breaks (cautions). Other sports have breaks every play.

Back
Top Bottom