More NFL Free Agency News

So the ever brilliant Jets have signed David Garrard. Sanchez or Garrard........it's like picking between stomach flu or sinus infection.

Asomugha released by Philly

Chiefs sign Anthony Fasano

Martellus Bennett to the Bears

Delanie Walker to the Titans.

Titan Jared Cook to the Rams

Sounds like Cribbs is headed to Arizona. He can kindly GTFO.

I know it won't happen, but dang it I pray Cleveland can resign Phil Dawson.

And Jacksonville's just sitting on the sidelines, deciding to do nothing, content with Blaine Gabbert and another year of 2-14 (IF we're lucky). :( :mad:

I'm not sure what the salary cap is for the Titans but they never get any top talent.
I will give them credit for trying last year. They went after Payton Manning really hard and reportedly wanted Mario Williams if they didn't get Peyton. Unfortunately Peyton waited too long to let them know he was going to go elsewhere and Williams had signed with Buffalo by the time they were ready to offer him money. It's kind of a good thing too, because Buffalo way the hell overpaid for Williams. He's a really good player when he is healthy, but he rarely is. And even when he is, he's not worth that kind of money. Paying a defensive lineman about $15 million a year just doesn't make sense when the rest of your team is that bad.

In addition to "Freddy" Kruger, the browns also signed former Oakland defensive lineman Desmond Bryant and former Arizona linebacker Quentin Groves.

Bryant had a recent drunk and disorderly where his mug shot went viral for how out of it he appeared. But, he is a really good player and he went to Harvard so he can't be as dumb as he looked in that picture.

Groves played for the Browns new defensive coordinator, Ray Horton, last year with the Cardinals so he knows what he is getting and apparently wanted it.

I think they have done pretty well so far in addressing some needs, particularly with the team switching to Horton's 3-4 defense. They still need a cornerback or two and a stud tight end, but they still have a little money left over and they still have the draft to add some players from too.

New England just wasn't willing to pay. Heard talks with NE broke off yesterday, Denver threw him an offer, Welker took that back to NE to see if they would match it, and they refused. Dumb.

It's a good deal for Welker though. From one great QB to another. He could've ended up in Kansas City like poor Alex Smith.

Will the Ravens really let Ed Reed go?
It's pretty hard to say. They did this with Ray Lewis several years ago to where they let him go out on the open market and see how much he was worth, then they just paid him and moved on. I'm not sure if that is what they are doing here or not, but for their sake I hope they are.

Brady without Welker is like a pb&j sandwich without the j. :)

Will the Ravens really let Ed Reed go?

Flacco has single handidly destroyed this team with that contract. How he got that much still boggles my mind. I think the Ravens could easily fall from Super Bowl champs to 3rd in the division if they lose everyone.

Lewis
Kruger
Boldin
Pollard
Reed - meeting with the Texans as we speak.
Cary Williams?
McKinnie?

How do you replace all those names? Baltimore should be concerned with the 2013 season the way things are looking.

Flacco has single handidly destroyed this team with that contract. How he got that much still boggles my mind. I think the Ravens could easily fall from Super Bowl champs to 3rd in the division if they lose everyone.

Lewis
Kruger
Boldin
Pollard
Cary Williams?
McKinnie?

How do you replace all those names? Baltimore should be concerned with the 2013 season the way things are looking.
The messed up part about that is that I'm quite certain that they will miss Boldin the most out of everybody on that list. I watched every Ravens game that was on tv, as they are my son's favorite team, and he bailed out Flacco and that offense more times than I can count. And he wasn't even a free agent. They just traded him for a sixth round pick because they wanted him to take a $2 million a year pay cut and he wouldn't.

My Titans have made a few dips in the free-agent pool. No superstars, but the filled some needs by getting OL Andy Levitre from the Bills, RB Shonn Greene from the Jets (we needed a good 3rd down back), and TE Delanie Walker from the 49ers.

Lewis
Kruger
Boldin
Pollard
Cary Williams?
McKinnie?

I agree they'll miss Boldin. They still have impact players but Boldin made Joe Flacco look better than he is.

Honestly, between Locker or Fitzpatrick I'd pick none of the above. I had hopes for Jake but so far I haven't seen anything promising from him.
Yeah, he's pretty awful. As long as the play goes perfectly according to plan he's fine, but if he has to improvise even a little he folds like an accordion. I'm sure we'll be fighting with Andy's Jags for the AFC South basement.

Yeah, he's pretty awful. As long as the play goes perfectly according to plan he's fine, but if he has to improvise even a little he folds like an accordion. I'm sure we'll be fighting with Andy's Jags for the AFC South basement.

If Kansas City picks Geno Smith, there won't be a fight for the basement. The way things are going, we should just sign Jadeveon Clowney or Johnny Manziel right now and get it over with since we'll have a lock on the first overall draft pick in 2014.

Urlacher and Bears agree to move forward after not reaching a deal. Dang it.

Sigh. Phil Dawson to the 49ers. Worst. Day. Ever.
I wouldn't go that far, for myself anyway. I've been expecting him to go somewhere for quite a while anyway. He's the best in the game and he should be paid well. The Browns have decided that a great, highly paid, kicker is not the best use of their money and cap space. I'm really happy for Phil though. He seems like a great guy and I wish him nothing but the best, and the 49ers were a play away from winning the Super Bowl last year. They probably give him the best chance of getting to a Super Bowl and maybe even winning one. Their kicker was certainly the weakest part of their team last year. I couldn't have been happier for a guy than I was for Phil Dawson when he finally made a Pro Bowl after deserving it for several years previous. I would be even happier for him if he got to play in the big game and maybe even win it.

I wouldn't go that far, for myself anyway. I've been expecting him to go somewhere for quite a while anyway. He's the best in the game and he should be paid well. The Browns have decided that a great, highly paid, kicker is not the best use of their money and cap space. I'm really happy for Phil though. He seems like a great guy and I wish him nothing but the best, and the 49ers were a play away from winning the Super Bowl last year. They probably give him the best chance of getting to a Super Bowl and maybe even winning one. Their kicker was certainly the weakest part of their team last year. I couldn't have been happier for a guy than I was for Phil Dawson when he finally made a Pro Bowl after deserving it for several years previous. I would be even happier for him if he got to play in the big game and maybe even win it.

For me, it's selfish reasons I said that. Phil was by far my favorite Browns player. How sad is that when the fan favorite is a kicker? :confused: Phil has been nothing but a class act in Cleveland and he's been great to the fans. He was the last of the original team. Man, he was screwed out of the Pro Bowl so many times.

I also knew he would be going elsewhere, hell, Phil knew he wasn't coming back. When the players cleaned their lockers out after this season, he scrawled "Phil was here 1999-2012" in his locker.

I am happy he is going to some place where he can compete for a ring, and the 49ers are now my second favorite team, solely because of Phil. If the Browns can't win it, I hope they do.

Titans picked up Ravens safety Bernard Pollard. That ought to help their horrendous secondary.

Back
Top Bottom