More Practice…

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
“The Cup Series has seen a 72.7% increase in number of cautions for accidents and spins in races this season compared to last year through the first 15 events.”

“The Cup Series has seen a 72.7% increase in number of cautions for accidents and spins in races this season compared to last year through the first 15 events.”

A car a hell of a lot harder to drive too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear football and basketball is too easy, better ban them the ability to shoot the ball in non-NBA competition. Did you forget I said playoffs?

Originally, the justification for cutting practice was "to save the teams money" (travel costs, wear and tear on equipment, labor costs)...
not so sure that they're "saving" enough money to pay for wrecked cars...

Are more cars being wrecked?
As BobbyFord (the original poster on this thread) quoted NBC Sports, “The Cup Series has seen a 72.7% increase in number of cautions for accidents and spins in races this season compared to last year through the first 15 events.”

Missed that.

I often skip past Bob’s post details. 😇

As BobbyFord (the original poster on this thread) quoted NBC Sports, “The Cup Series has seen a 72.7% increase in number of cautions for accidents and spins in races this season compared to last year through the first 15 events.”
And the last two years they had zero practice. It’s not that, it’s the car.

I’m going to bet if drivers were polled, all would say that they would like more practice.
It seems that both drivers and fans would benefit from races that were more competitive with less yellow flag laps.
It doesn’t make sense to limit practice with a completely new car.

I’m going to bet if drivers were polled, all would say that they would like more practice.
It seems that both drivers and fans would benefit from races that were more competitive with less yellow flag laps.

I never understood why racing fans want less race cars on track

They are limiting practice to postpone the inevitable.....the bug guns figure it out, and dominate once again.

BTW practice from Sonoma is on FS 2 right now
Kyle Larson, Chase, and then the field. Always something to watch....hoping for side-by-side, and maybe a wreck.

Given the 70+% of increased cautions this year, the drivers clearly need more seat time.
Not sure I am buying into this. They can often run caution free or just an occasional caution through stage 1 and 2, then boom the final stage and the caution flag flies every 10 laps. I would think by then, the driver would have had plenty of seat time.

With the new car, drivers probably do need more practice. But the owners haven't okayed it. Besides, I like the fact these cars are hard to drive. A driver couldn't spin out the old car if they tried.

I can see having practice if they haven't been to the track recently and they have been doing that for the various series. But anyone that thought there would be less cautions with a car that is noticeably harder to drive, the facts won't add up practice or not. Add in the fact that these guys take more chances with a harder car to damage on top of a harder car to drive, cautions will increase as they become more desperate to make the chase cut off.

I like less practice. Screw these professionals. It shows what teams came prepared and what teams can adapt. May be a reason we are seeing a Trackhouse and Kaulig showing? Less practice means more uncertainty and unpredictability.

Back
Top Bottom