Most Surprising and Most Disappointing Driver of 2014

One thing I'll say, Brian France new rules have certainly hyped up the Homstead race.

Too bad he ****** everything else up in order to get that Hype, but there ya go.

Well, Brian does have some ownership in that track.

I picked Harvick as my most disappointing driver, lol.
I thought you might like that. ;) It's fun going back and reading some of these older threads. I went through about a dozen of them from a year or so ago. Interesting how things change over that time.

Have to be honest....Generally speaking we are not idiots. :D

Surprise-danica, Larson
Disappoint-Johnson. What happened to the Darth Vader type of dominace

Delightfully surprising Joey
disappointing J. Gordon
whine-1.jpg

Most Gordon fans would say they were pleasantly surprised by his performance this year. I didn't expect nearly as much as he accomplished.

I liked the fight we saw still inside JG.

Most Gordon fans would say they were pleasantly surprised by his performance this year. I didn't expect nearly as much as he accomplished.

I wasn't expecting him to have that good a year either.

This was Gordon's best season since '07, he was anything but disappointing this year.

My disappointment is how he handles himself. He had a great year, why all the complaining and whining?

He may not like the changes to the car next year, have to wait and see.

Tough to live up to @AndyMarquisLive standards. Too bad we can't all be perfect. Wait, what's that? Oh yeah, @AndyMarquisLive picked Danica to make the Chase last season. Never mind, I guess we all make mistakes. ;)
On the flipside, I did pretty good picking Newman as most surprising. Logano may have been a bit bigger of a surprise, but how many of us would have had Newman in the championship four at Homestead?

On the flipside, I did pretty good picking Newman as most surprising. Logano may have been a bit bigger of a surprise, but how many of us would have had Newman in the championship four at Homestead?
Indirectly, I did. I had picked the 2014 champion as coming from outside the top 12 entering the Chase. Missed it by one spot. :mad:

It really is a shame that tomorrow night is NFP's swan song.

yeah, nobody but probably Pudge would have agreed with you on that prediction. Newnan sure pissed a bunch off around here making it to the finals and we all know some have 24 reasons why, but I ain't going there.:dual9mm:

Dillon wasn't disappointing. He finished the most laps out of all the drivers so that has to count for something.

Dillon wasn't disappointing. He finished the most laps out of all the drivers so that has to count for something.
He's really consistent and stays out of trouble but I don't think he's shown the speed necessary to compete at a high level in the Cup Series. Most drivers who go on to do big things at this level have inconsistent results with several flashes of brilliance in their rookie season.

Most Surprising: Joey Logano
Most Disappointing: Danica Patrick
What was disappointing? Besides a flash of brilliance at Kansas, she pretty much turned in the same results she's given us to expect for the last few seasons. Did you have reason to think she'd do much better? Maybe with a new crew chief...

GoDaddy seems pleased enough.

He's really consistent and stays out of trouble but I don't think he's shown the speed necessary to compete at a high level in the Cup Series. Most drivers who go on to do big things at this level have inconsistent results with several flashes of brilliance in their rookie season.

I think it has a lot to do with who they drive for. RCR never did put out the best cars or the fastest. The only driver who was successful was Dale E. and I think his wins had more to do with his driving ability than it did the car.

What was disappointing? Besides a flash of brilliance at Kansas, she pretty much turned in the same results she's given us to expect for the last few seasons. Did you have reason to think she'd do much better? Maybe with a new crew chief...

GoDaddy seems pleased enough.
I was hoping she'd have a better season than she did. I was disappointed with her season. That's all.

Who do you think they'll be?

My picks:

Most surprising: Ryan Newman

Ryan isn't getting a lot of love for his move over to RCR, but I think it will be a good change of scenery for him, and I think he fares much better in the 31 than Jeff Burton has the last few years.

Most disappointing: Kevin Harvick

Harvick has finished 3rd in points 3 of the last 4 years, but I don't think he comes even close to that this year. Too many question marks over at SHR.

Hey Yoda, why don't you make one for 2015?

Hey Yoda, why don't you make one for 2015?
Sure...

Most Surprising: Austin Dillon

Austin's rookie year wasn't as impressive as Kyle Larson's, but I have a feeling he'll step up in 2015.

Most Disappointing: Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

Not saying Jr's gonna have a bad year, but I think he will come back to earth a bit in 2015. I think losing Letarte will hurt some. I don't see another four win season this year.

Sure...

Austin's rookie year wasn't as impressive as Kyle Larson's, but I have a feeling he'll step up in 2015.

Not saying Jr's gonna have a bad year, but I think he will come back to earth a bit in 2015. I think losing Letarte will hurt some. I don't see another four win season this year.

If Junior goes backwards I think it will because the new car this year will be lose for him. JMO

Sure...

Oops, I meant start a new 2015 prediction thread Yota, I should have worded it better I guess. BTW those are good predictions. I will go with Dillion too. he was only a couple finish places behind Larson in the year's standings and he actually won a little more prize money than Larson. I agree with the 88 prediction but to be different, I will go with another Hendrick driver that will draw the venom from the peanut gallery as most disappointing..the 24. don't think he can put together a season like he had in 2014. He hasn't had a 4 win or better season in 7 years.

I agree, with the new car however, you never know. Going to have to wait 6 races (Daytona don't count) to see how teams/drivers handle this car.

Back
Top Bottom