Most Unsual Thing You've Ever Seen at the Track

Uhmmm....reading comprehension issue? Where was that even alluded too?
2. For almost thirty years the track had a special race at the end of June commemorating the event...the girl did show up at least once, when she was sixteen and they made her the track queen for the event. Do not know what happened after that.
I think I read that correctly.

Or did you intend to write 60?

I think I read that correctly.

Or did you intend to write 60?
Where does it say "the next year"?

This is what I said: "the girl did show up at least once, when she was sixteen "

What part of that did you manage to misconstrue that statement? The track had an annual "special" race, every year for almost thirty years...and ONCE in those THIRTY YEARS...the girl that was born at the track, on top of a race car...was given the honor of being the track queen for that race....when she was SIXTEEN....which means, SIXTEEN years after her birth, she came to the track and was track queen for the event that honored her birth....an apology would be nice

Last edited:
A championship winning Cup crew chief quitting the game to run a back-country skiing operation in the mountains of Beautiful British Columbia.

Feel free to interpret this any way you like:

A championship winning Cup crew chief quitting the game to run a back-country skiing operation in the mountains of Beautiful British Columbia.

Feel free to interpret this any way you like:

I doubt Pearn is starting a Cup team. He doesn't have the longevity or the track record Ray had at the time and is over 10 years younger then when Ray got off the box.

Where does it say "the next year"?

This is what I said: "the girl did show up at least once, when she was sixteen "

What part of that did you manage to misconstrue that statement? The track had an annual "special" race, every year for almost thirty years...and ONCE in those THIRTY YEARS...the girl that was born at the track, on top of a race car...was given the honor of being the track queen for that race....when she was SIXTEEN....which means, SIXTEEN years after her birth, she came to the track and was track queen for the event that honored her birth....an apology would be nice
I honestly thought "the girl" referred to the girl who gave birth ... not to her child.

My mistake.

Inspired by the 4 foot long black throated monitor lizard named Stank I sat next to tonight at BAPS Speedway, she has apparently been to 3 Knoxville Nationals

View attachment 47234

where is baps speedway? I swear I saw this guy, and his pet, at Lincoln speedway in abbottstown pa about 4 years ago.

I remember vividly seeing him and going—-holy crap?! There’s hulk hogan holding a dinosaur!

talked with him briefly, funny dude. Said the lizard slept in the bed with him.:oops:

where is baps speedway? I swear I saw this guy, and his pet, at Lincoln speedway in abbottstown pa about 4 years ago.

I remember vividly seeing him and going—-holy crap?! There’s hulk hogan holding a dinosaur!

talked with him briefly, funny dude. Said the lizard slept in the bed with him.:oops:
BAPS is formerly known as Susquehanna Speedway, it's in York Haven, and yeah sounds like the same guy.

I honestly thought "the girl" referred to the girl who gave birth ... not to her child.

My mistake.

Me too. Could have been worded better but for a while it was an epic money shot.

Remembered another one. Went to Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas, VA and during a heat race saw a car catching on fire. The unusual thing was the flagman - he lifted his leg and pointed the black flag at his own shoes when the car passed. The car stopped after a couple of laps near the fire crew, who put the fire out.

Turns out, a bunch of fans had given the flagman a pair of sneakers with flames on them - apparently he had a nickname of some sort that involved fire. There had been a number of cars catching fire while running, so at the driver's meeting the flagman told them if you are on fire I'll use the black flag pointing at my new shoes.

I didn't read every response, I will go back and do it but this was an off-track thing we experienced at Bristol. These two friends or families had campers back to back and they were taking turns messing with fans on their way in and out of the lot/camprground. They had fishing rods with either money or a rubber snake or whatnot. They were fishing for people along the main road out of the lot. Dollar bill on the ground....YANK. String across the road attached to a rubber snake...draw that thing out when somebody walked by. Watch people jump. Cheap entertainment. We got there Saturday night and they were clearly there since Thursday. Beer cans piled as high as a grown man.

Worst thing I saw was maybe 2012 when the guy got killed by the lightning strike at Pocono. It was crazy. I think I have another post about it on this forum. Been to many, many races at Pocono but that was the worst. My son's first race. Gordon won in a rain-shortened deal. The lightning hit not far from where we were parked. Sad deal.

On track the worst I saw was Davey Allison's crash flipping at Pocono but I was literally a mile away. All I saw was dirt flying up.

Back
Top Bottom