Movie and TV news and bits

barelypure

Spectator
BAND OF BROTHERS--The companion miniseries titled THE PACIFIC recently began filming in Australia. William Sadler (DIE HARD 2, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION) will star as Marine Lt. Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, the most decorated Marine in history and the only Marine to receive the Navy Cross (he received five Navy Crosses). Also starring are James Badge Dale (starred on "24" as Kim's boyfriend, CTU agent "Chase".), Joseph Mazzello and Robert Leckie. THE PACIFIC is an HBO miniseries from Tom Hanks and Steve Spielberg.

PORKY'S--Shock jock Howard Stern says his remake of the hit 1982 teen movie is underway. My dad's favorite movies for some reason.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK--The remake of the cult classic John Carpenter movie will be directed by Len Wiseman (Mr. Kate Beckinsale; LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, UNDERWORLD). Gerard Butler ("300") stars as Snake Plissken who leads a team to rescue the President of the US after Air Force One is shot down over a futuristic Manhattan. With new special effects this movie could be bad instead of completely horrid.

THOR--Marvel studios is rumored to be considering wrestler Triple H (BLADE: TRINITY) and Kevin McKidd (ROME, KINGDOM OF HEAVEN) for the lead, but director Matthew Vaughn is opposed to Triple H.

PAINKILLER JANE--has been canceled by the SciFi Channel due to low ratings. I like PKJ

ISLE OF THE DEAD--a remake of the 1945 Boris Karloff horror movie is underway by RKO Pictures. Karloff played the Greek military commander of an island who orders a quarantine after a deadly plague breaks out. He suspects a vampire demon caused the plague.

THE UNFORGETTABLE--a Warner Bros. movie based on a video game in which a cop involved in a homicide case discovers he's not human and uncovers a war between good and evil aliens.

JAMES BOND--the final action scene in the next 007 movie will be set in the Palio di Siena horse race in Italy. Animal rights activists are already protesting the movie scene and the horse race which traditionally has jockeys using whips on their horses and other contestants' horses. Doping and bribery are common in the race.

THE JUNGLE BOOK--a live action movie faithful to the Rudyard Kipling classic is underway by the BBC.

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS--the movie and video game based on the 1960s animated tv series are underway.

As to Thor, one of my favorite comics as a kid, who do you like?
HHH, the wrestler or Kevin McKidd

hhh%20old.jpg

0000034935_20061021035753.jpg

IMO, HHH for the body but McKidd for the acting. HHH was just not very good in Blade:Trinity. Now I liked John Cena in The Marine and he has the body but I don't know he could carry Thor.

The remakes, well let's just wait and see. Porky's had one scene where I swear that I almost died laughing. It's the scene where Mrs. Balbraker, or something like that, is in the principle's office explaning the shower incident. The gym teacher and his assistant cracked me up as I'm sure did so many others.

Escape from New York is a movie that I didn't particularly care for, but I do like Kurt Russell and he fit the part of Snake very well. Don't know who this new guy is that will play Snake is, but I might give it a go.

I first saw The Band of Brothers only last October while out in Oregon visiting my brother. What a great series that was so I'm thinking this next series will be just as good.

I'm in the minority here I think, but I just didn't think that the latest James Bond movie was as good as everyone says. I suppose it's just me, but so be it. I will of course watch the next installment as that's the way it's supposed to be.

I wouldnt mind seeing the remake of Escape From New York.

There is also a remake of the original classic... Halloween. Its directed by Rob Zombie. Im curious about it.

Back
Top Bottom