My first NASCAR race....DOVER. IT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!

Looks like you ate a lot of Martinsville hot dogs . :)
Bought 1. Took 2 bites and trashed it. WORST hotdog I've ever tasted. Daytona has a $8 foot long that's gotta' weigh close to 1 lb. Tasted so good, I didn't put anything but mustard on.

The Martinsville hot dog means you're at Martinsville. I wouldn't eat that **** anywhere else.

I'll be glad when this renovation is complete....There's nothing worse than being squeezed right on top of somebody during a 100 degree night in Daytona for the July race....

I think they said 3 more years? Just getting in and out of the track is a big hassle.

I think they said 3 more years? Just getting in and out of the track is a big hassle.

The project officially broke ground in early July, 2013 and is expected to be completed in time for the 2016 Rolex 24 At Daytona and DAYTONA 500.

We've been to Daytona many times and never had any problems. The thing that bothers me most is the cost of a camping spot, when you can get one. If we stay at the track the cheapest spot for 6 nights is $780 up to a Lake Lloyd spot at $2900. We usually camp at one of several state parks 20-30 minutes away and ride a shuttle right up to the gate.

We've been to Daytona many times and never had any problems. The thing that bothers me most is the cost of a camping spot, when you can get one. If we stay at the track the cheapest spot for 6 nights is $780 up to a Lake Lloyd spot at $2900. We usually camp at one of several state parks 20-30 minutes away and ride a shuttle right up to the gate.
I know how much you can drink. Trust me, the shuttle service is probably safer for all involved. Besides, if you stayed at Lake Lloyd you'd probably never see the race but you would have some good 'fishin stories' to tell. ;)

I know how much you can drink. Trust me, the shuttle service is probably safer for all involved. Besides, if you stayed at Lake Lloyd you'd probably never see the race but you would have some good 'fishin stories' to tell. ;)
Yep. :D

My feet wouldn't fit in the aisle at Daytona. I was high, against the fence going into turn 1, so I just stood and leaned agin the fence.

Sounds like problems to me. $2,900 for a camping spot? :eek:

Sounds like problems to me. $2,900 for a camping spot? :eek:
Yep and the last time I checked they had a very long waiting list. All cup tracks have a high end camping area. Some you can't find out the price or even if they exist until one becomes available and you're next on the list. These are the high end spots at Sonoma and they also had a waiting list the last time I checked.
RV Terrace A - $2747.50*
RV Terrace B - $1553.70
RV Terrace C/CC - $1139.50
RV Terrace D-F - $1150.40
RV Terrace G - $877.90

Yep and the last time I checked they had a very long waiting list. All cup tracks have a high end camping area. Some you can't find out the price or even if they exist until one becomes available and you're next on the list. These are the high end spots at Sonoma and they also had a waiting list the last time I checked.
RV Terrace A - $2747.50*
RV Terrace B - $1553.70
RV Terrace C/CC - $1139.50
RV Terrace D-F - $1150.40
RV Terrace G - $877.90
To put it in perspective though. A common man's spot at Bristol or just about any track runs me $100 for a campsite. While I could easily pay more to stay at one of the best locations at any track we camp @, we go the cheap route.

There are even some tracks that have free camping areas. Eldora, Talladega & Watkins Glen are a few that offer free camping.

To put it in perspective though. A common man's spot at Bristol or just about any track runs me $100 for a campsite. While I could easily pay more to stay at one of the best locations at any track we camp @, we go the cheap route.

There are even some tracks that have free camping areas. Eldora, Talladega & Watkins Glen are a few that offer free camping.
Yeah that's the way we go but I couldn't let Fender off that easy. That's why when we go to Daytona we stay at a state park 20-30 minutes away and ride a shuttle. The State Park to resident seniors is only $12 a night with full hookups.

Yeah that's the way we go but I couldn't let Fender off that easy. That's why when we go to Daytona we stay at a state park 20-30 minutes away and ride a shuttle. The State Park to resident seniors is only $12 a night with full hookups.
Now you're talking.

Last edited:

I don't care how cheap the camping is, the Daytona fan experience sucks.:p

The "free" camping at Talladega cost me several hundred dollars in doctors bills and fines the last time I was there... :D

I don't care how cheap the camping is, the Daytona fan experience sucks.:p
It's my closest home track and I like it but I'm not falling for the "I hate it so take me all expenses paid and prove me wrong" con. :p

It's my closest home track and I like it but I'm not falling for the "I hate it so take me all expenses paid and prove me wrong" con. :p

Isn't Talladega 2 hours closer to you?

Last edited:
They'er all about the same. Daytona just seems closer because we stop in Jacksonville going both way's to visit relatives.

And a beer at the Florabama .....priceless

Back
Top Bottom