My new place

fury

Internet god with an inferiority complex
Staff member
I dare say it's a might big. 1,150 square feet, 2 bedroom (moving from a 500ish square foot, 1 bedroom) apartment.

Just wanted to post a few pics of it before I start filling it up with all my crap.

(Naturally, I'll post a few "after" pics too)

Living room
IMG_0566.jpg

Hallway
IMG_0567.jpg

Kitchen
IMG_0568.jpg

Bedroom 1
IMG_0569.jpg

Bedroom 2
IMG_0573.jpg

Considering the smaller bedroom plus half the living room is about the size of my whole old apartment, I should be in pretty good shape in the new place. :beerbang:

Just need to get moving on the packing & moving stuff.

Last edited:
Not long before it will be a tangled wire jungle like my daddy-grandpa room probably. :D

Look quickly, folks. I'm sure within 2 days we won't be able to see the floor. LOL
Plus, there will be computer "stuff" all over the place.

fury, do yourself a favor and put all computer related 'stuff' in the 2nd bedroom. :D

Look quickly, folks. I'm sure within 2 days we won't be able to see the floor. LOL
Plus, there will be computer "stuff" all over the place.

fury, do yourself a favor and put all computer related 'stuff' in the 2nd bedroom. :D

Not long before it will be a tangled wire jungle like my daddy-grandpa room probably. :D

Congrats on the new place.
Now you can hoard way more crap. Lol
:D

I was going to say the same thing- that second bedroom looks like a mighty fine server closet. :)

Congratulations Fury. Two bedrooms are always good, especially if you're single.....I use mine as a waiting room:cool:

Psst...use the closet in the 'guest room' as a place to stash the server. Just get a sheet of plywood to cover the carpets, and a couple of good fans on the shelf above for ventilation...

Psst...use the closet in the 'guest room' as a place to stash the server. Just get a sheet of plywood to cover the carpets, and a couple of good fans on the shelf above for ventilation...
Thats what I did.

I'm moved in. Not quite done unpacking yet, but much more moved in than I was a few weeks ago. :beerbang:

My signal sucks here, I'm trying to have T-mobile figure out why, cause they say it should be perfect, LTE and all...

And you're quite right, I can't see the floor in the middle bedroom where I stuffed all my tech stuff. :p I need to get it sorted this weekend

I'm moved in. Not quite done unpacking yet, but much more moved in than I was a few weeks ago. :beerbang:

My signal sucks here, I'm trying to have T-mobile figure out why, cause they say it should be perfect, LTE and all...

And you're quite right, I can't see the floor in the middle bedroom where I stuffed all my tech stuff. :p I need to get it sorted this weekend
We need pictures of the new place with stuff in it. :)

Well, "this" weekend turned into "wait, it's Monday already?"

As usual.

One of these days.

Excellent Fury...always nice to have more room. I live in a place similar in size (by myself) and my only advice would be is to remain as frugal with space/storage as you were before. I used my "guest bedroom" as just a place to toss junk haphazardly for awhile...I was drunk on space. After awhile I got organized and with the help of a bunch of plastic "boxes" from Big Lots I made into a nice (but small) dual room - where I could do some stuff but also use it as an actual guest room if a friend/relative dropped by.

Helpful hint - don't put a real bed in there if you don't need one - get one of those fairly nice blow-up mattresses and a plug-in electric inflator air pump. Then if somebody needs to crash at your place you will have the floorspace clear to just pull it out and pump it up. The modern ones are much more comfortable than the old "air mattresses" we used to use camping. Also buy an ice pick and a rubber repair kit (if it doesn't come with your mattress). If your guest seems to be falling in love with the arrangements you can just puncture the bed - and fix it when they are gone :p.

Back
Top Bottom