My Sim Racing Project for Tonight

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
So I inverted my sim pedals tonight after I got the inversion kick from Fanatec.

My pedals in it's original set up.

85HXmWB.jpg

On the operating table

5OtAB1J.jpg

Taking it apart.

KcYlhoV.jpg

The base

sHSIA4v.jpg

Inversion brackets put on the pedals, time to put it back together!

gVTyozG.jpg

Inversion complete!

GRSBWTx.jpg

I tested the pedals after I was done with the kit and they work perfectly! :D

100% improvement. There is so much racing going on right now though. You should be watching. :D

100% improvement. There is so much racing going on right now though. You should be watching. :D

Clearly I can do both at the same time. :D Race on iRacing on Friday and Saturday nights and watch the race on Sunday.

So I inverted my sim pedals tonight after I got the inversion kick from Fanatec.

My pedals in it's original set up.

85HXmWB.jpg

On the operating table

5OtAB1J.jpg

Taking it apart.

KcYlhoV.jpg

The base

sHSIA4v.jpg

Inversion brackets put on the pedals, time to put it back together!

gVTyozG.jpg

Inversion complete!

GRSBWTx.jpg

I tested the pedals after I was done with the kit and they work perfectly! :D

Excellent and is that a Surface pro PC on the table. if yes I need some feedback. I am planning on buying one soon.

Excellent and is that a Surface pro PC on the table. if yes I need some feedback. I am planning on buying one soon.

That is the Microsoft Surface RT. I would not recommend the RT version, but the Microsoft Surface is a pretty nice tablet. The only problem with the RT version is that you can only get apps from the Windows Store, so nothing from Google or Mozilla.

That is the Microsoft Surface RT. I would not recommend the RT version, but the Microsoft Surface is a pretty nice tablet. The only problem with the RT version is that you can only get apps from the Windows Store, so nothing from Google or Mozilla.

Thank you.

I am looking at a Pro 3. Have been to best buy three times ready to buy but the associates always talk me out it. They direct me to Yoga or HP detachable 2 in 1s etc...

I get that the Form factor limits the capabilites, and you can get more spec bang for $ with another laptop.

But I keep coming back to the Surface for the form factor. I want it for one more year of electronic engineering classes. If I knew it wouldn't crash and burn and that the keyboard would be just be average or better I would be happy.
I really want the pen and one note capabilities.

Amazon and Best Buy surface 3 reviews are very good and get me pumped to buy. But with a sales person discouraging the transaction, letting go of a grand becomes to much.

Really confused.

Sorry to derail you can PM me if you want to have the discussion off of this thread.

Thank you.

I am looking at a Pro 3. Have been to best buy three times ready to buy but the associates always talk me out it. They direct me to Yoga or HP detachable 2 in 1s etc...

I get that the Form factor limits the capabilites, and you can get more spec bang for $ with another laptop.

But I keep coming back to the Surface for the form factor. I want it for one more year of electronic engineering classes. If I knew it wouldn't crash and burn and that the keyboard would be just be average or better I would be happy.
I really want the pen and one note capabilities.

Amazon and Best Buy surface 3 reviews are very good and get me pumped to buy. But with a sales person discouraging the transaction, letting go of a grand becomes to much.

Really confused.

Sorry to derail you can PM me if you want to have the discussion off of this thread.

I think the guys over at http://www.reddit.com/r/surface would be more help to you than me. I got the Surface RT as a way to stay connected to the Internet when I'm on trips or when I'm outside and want to work on some projects of mine. It's not a powerful machine (my Surface RT), but it gets the job done. :)

Do use a special seat/ have a stationary set house location etc.

I been thinking establishing a seat and racing space away from lifes other clutter has to be a big advantage.
A place to get into the zone etc....

Do use a special seat/ have a stationary set house location etc.

I been thinking establishing a seat and racing space away from lifes other clutter has to be a big advantage.
A place to get into the zone etc....

Right now I'm racing at my computer desk. However, I am in the process of building my own sim racing rig.

Awesome. I want a set of those pedals. I have the CSRs which I think will take a conversion kit but I think I'll get the Elites.

What do you say @SpeedPagan? Is the load cell brake worth it?

Awesome. I want a set of those pedals. I have the CSRs which I think will take a conversion kit but I think I'll get the Elites.

What do you say @SpeedPagan? Is the load cell brake worth it?

They are def. worth it, it makes your brake feel more like the real world version. The best thing is, is that the load cell is adjustable with a knob that goes from 1-10. I have mine set on 5.

I keep hearing the same thing so I guess it's the best way to go. I've got to get this computer done first!!!!! I hate waiting!!!

I'm getting a killer deal on a Ricmotech rig. The wood is cut and ready to be assembled. $50. I almost feel bad for buying it so cheap but he said that is what he would sell to me for.

This is it besides the seat, monitors and triple monitor stand but I think it comes with a single monitor stand. Nothing fancy but better than what i got now and too cheap to pass.

RMT-RS1-RS3-DIY-3.jpg

I'm getting a killer deal on a Ricmotech rig. The wood is cut and ready to be assembled. $50. I almost feel bad for buying it so cheap but he said that is what he would sell to me for.

This is it besides the seat, monitors and triple monitor stand but I think it comes with a single monitor stand. Nothing fancy but better than what i got now and too cheap to pass.

RMT-RS1-RS3-DIY-3.jpg

I would actually love to have something like this. :D

Now I'm kind of in the mood to design and build my own rig. I'm very indecisive.

You could always just modify an existing rig to your liking.

True. Might not make sense without a picture but I thought about extending the pvc base of my current rig out and make a seat base, throw on some wood and mount a seat to it. I think it would be fairly easy.

Back
Top Bottom