My take on Bristol

Whizzer

Gig'em
Typical Bristol gathering of 43 race cars. Some beatin' and bangin', and some errors by a few drivers, which seemed in the long run to hurt no one but themselves.

Of all the fender bending, it was short track racing at 150 miles per hour and a millisecond of reaction time, and was in direct relationship to, normal.

Cautions were thrown so many times it looked like a field of dandelions, sprouting up all over the place. Many of the cautions were UNNECESSARY and were NASCAR's way of closing up the field. In previous races, a spin and then moving out of the way did not warrant a caution unless there were debris. This race was different and it was obvious.

Jeff Gordon, the class of the field at the start, and now, after years of waving the magic wand and dodging bullets, flat tires, wrecks and DNF's, he seems to be getting it all back manyfold. It seems to be catching him all in one year and the good fortune GOrdon had in the past is now riding on Matt Kenseth's shoulders.

What can you say about Kurt Busch ?? Not much. All you need do is watch as he moves through the field. I doubt his touch on Sterling was intentional.
In reality, it appeared to be more of a racing incident but there will be protestors. It is part of the game.

As for the drivers who made negative comments about Kurt after the fracas last weeek and before the race, in thier minds they are justified. It was interesting to note, not one driver, tried any bump n' run or push him outa the way move.

In victory lane, Busch tried to be humble. He tried to explain and appologize for his taking Sterling out, and he came across as very sincere. It didn't work because the crowd wouldn't let it work. They boo'ed him. Realizing humility and an appology wasn't going to be accepted by the onlookers, Busch took a different approach. At this point, he stood tall, pulled his shoulders back, threw out his chest and took the road of the victorious warrior. Not boasting, but proud.

All in all, the Bristol race was a good race, clean for the most part as nearly everthing that happened was more of a racing incident rather than a case of "I shoved him because he shoved me" type of race.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@Aug 24 2003, 01:20 PM
Definitely an entertaining race.
Yep it was entertaining, But it seem like a tame Bristol race compaired to other. A lot of cautions and a few of them were uncalled for. Maybe they just wanted to tighten the field up. :rolleyes:

Isn't it amazing how quickly fans can turn on a driver. Mistakes are made, things are said, tempers flair. Come on they are only human! I personnally don't care that much for Kurt or Jimmy but they are both driveing for Winston Cup and I'm not.

Interesting comments.

The Goddess of Racing does seem to have taken a liking to Kenseth.That guy is not only JUST good but real real lucky as well.Those two things make a good combo.

Busch and Marling?I love Sterling but not much to see in this.Just Bristol for you.Busch on the other hand handled the whole thing much better than most folks could.

All in all pretty good racin'.

Back
Top Bottom