My turn for cat of the week

A

Alaska

with Rocky rocking out in the LP's

lprocky.jpg

and with his friend Barney our 6 month old lab/husky

b&roncouch.jpg

I am such a sucker for furry animals. Cute pets, Alaska! Especially Barney. I'm more of a dog person than a cat person, and my folks have a black lab that is perhaps the smartest, friendliest, and cutest dog we've ever had. :)

Originally posted by abooja
I am such a sucker for furry animals. Cute pets, Alaska! Especially Barney. I'm more of a dog person than a cat person, and my folks have a black lab that is perhaps the smartest, friendliest, and cutest dog we've ever had. :)

Me too. A real softy for dogs and cats. Barney starts puppy school in two weeks and hopefully will learn some manners. I tell friends that even though he's lab/husky which is a busy enough genetic mix, I think he is also part goat [eats everything] and kangaroo. :)

We got our first dog, Max, when I was in 6th grade. He was a mix of Doberman and German Shepherd, and everyone in the neighborhood was terrified of him. He was a real mush around us, though. We had a trainer come to our house for private lessons, and each one of us had to walk him down the block using the technique of snapping his choke collar whenever he tried to pull away, which was all the time.

It didn't take. He used to drag us kids all over the place. Once, he dragged my brother, Paul, across the street and into a neighbor's yard to bite someone's grandfather. (Of course, Paul was wearing roller skates at the time.) Another time, he dragged me down the block after a snowstorm when he saw my mom pulling her car into the driveway. (She was his favorite.) It's what I imagined water skiing to be like, except I was on my butt for twenty something yards!

My point is: good luck with the training. It takes a lot of discipline, especially for us humans. :D

Doggies have owned me for most of my adult life... from dobermans to norwegian elkhounds, ****er spaniels and a dear sweet Malamute. Muttleys too!

We've had Molly now for almost 8 years (pic below). All 7 pounds of her, but she kills squirels!!

BUT CATS RULE!!!

Originally posted by abooja
Don't let Molly hear you say that, Kat. :p

DOGS RULE!!!

No boo, Molly knows that the cat owns her and even brings live stuff for Molly to finish off!

Madge the kitty RULES this home :D

Back
Top Bottom