Myrtle Beach 400

That girl has some of the strangest luck I have ever seen. Qualifies on the pole only to lead the field to the green (on lap 25) on a wet racetrack. She eases through the corner and gets dropkicked to eighth.

Then, she's involved in an accident. I look down and there's no damage to her car. Two minutes later, I look down she's on pit road and her ****'s all ****** up.

And the amount of hate directed at the poor girl on the comments on our coverage today... :( I wish I could bite back.

Last edited:
Travis Swaim scored the win » http://race22.com/travis-swaim-wins-myrtle-beach-400/

It's called "the walk". This is a Myrtle Beach tradition. When there's some kind of scoring snafu, you have to make it.

Last weekend, I had to make it when Haley Moody registered a literally unbelievable lap in qualifying (half second faster than the field). The way this works is, I talk to the driver about it, then "interrogate" timing and scoring. Last week, the track said Haley's literally unbelievable lap was legitimate. Judging by the fact that eight cars passed her in the first turn of the race, I'd say it wasn't.

This weekend, Blake Stallings was credited as being a lap down in the heat race - thus not transferring to the main event. So, after they announce Tyler English is in, I go to interrogate timing and scoring. This time, they correct it. So, I go down to inform English that he did not transfer in. Track ended up doing him right by putting him in via "Promoter's Option".

The number of times I made "The Walk" in 2013: 2.
The number of times I made "The Walk" in 2014: 3.

Recap of the KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series:

KOMA Unwind is an appropriate sponsor since that race caused the effects of my 20 oz. can of Red Bull to wear off.

That series needs to fire their entire timing and scoring staff and get new people. A 30+ minute red flag to sort out where everyone should be? Which, from what I've been told, that's something that occurs at EVERY SINGLE KOMA Tour race. Now I see why fans who attend those races rip that series to shreds on Facebook.

Modified racing is still snoozy. :)

I've NEVER seen a good Modified race in person.

Gotta agree with you on this. I've seen the NASCAR Tour modifieds 5 times, and they were not great... Maybe I saw that at the wrong tracks though. Caraway was boring, follow the leader, nothing happened. Same with the 2 South Boston races I saw them at (and same with the 2 K&N Pro Series races I saw at South Boston as well), and I think everyone knows about the Daytona races... It's a series that I really want to like, but have not been very entertained at the ones I went to. Would like to see them at Thompson or Stafford someday if I get the chance though...

I do like the NY big block dirt modifieds though (Super DIRTcar Series), thats the only type of modifieds that I've seen have good races...

Back
Top Bottom