N.C. woman sues Bristol track over injury

P

pettyfan4life

GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – A North Carolina woman has sued Bristol Motor Speedway, its owner and a fence company over a hand injury she suffered while working during a race.

Vicki Garmon, of Concord, N.C., sued in U.S. District Court here on June 6, seeking $2 million from the track, Rio Grande Fence and Bruton Smith, chairman of track owner Speedway Motorsports Inc.

Marylaurel Wilks, general counsel for Speedway Motorsports, said speedway officials would not comment.

Garmon was injured while working for Levy Restaurants, a company under contract with the speedway to provide food during the August Sharpie 500 race.

That lawsuit said that while Garmon was helping a co-worker open a gate, a galvanized metal roller on the gate sliced off a portion of her hand. The court filing claims that the gate area was not adequately lit and the defendants failed to provide warnings to people trying to use the gate.

Rio Grande manufactured, sold and installed the gate.

I already read that and my first thought was, People looking for a quick buck. Wants $2 million for a cut hand, give me a break. :dual9mm: :dual9mm: :dual9mm:

Originally posted by bowtie@Jun 13 2003, 02:19 PM
I already read that and my first thought was, People looking for a quick buck. Wants $2 million for a cut hand, give me a break. :dual9mm: :dual9mm: :dual9mm:
hell lets go to Daytona and fall on the concrete and skin a knee, sue them for 3 million. Tell them that the fall made us scared of concrete for life

What a crock!! How about taking a little responsibility for your own actions.

Back
Top Bottom