Nadeau regains consciousness

B

bowtie

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/5921044.htm

Nascar Winston Cup driver Jerry Nadeau has regained consciousness and is verbally communicating as he continues his rehabilitation at Virginia Commonwelth University Medical Center in Richmond Virginia.

Nadeau, 32, suffered a moderate to severe head injury, a fractured left scapula (shoulder blade) and injuries to the left side lung and ribs in May 2 accident during practice at Richmond International Raceway.

Doctors a VCU Medical Center said Nadeau has shown rapid progress this week and is undergoing a rehabilitation program that includes physical, recreational, occupational and speech therapy.

Doctors also said Nadeau is medically stable and is not in a situation where it is necessary to classify his general condition.

Jay Frye, general manager of MB2 Motorsports, visited Nadeau on Tuesday and said he was amazed with the progress of the U.S. Army/MB2 driver.

"The difference since the last time I saw Jerry was incredible," said Frye. "He is more responsive, more alert and following commands with more consistency. It was an emotional and wonderful feeling when he made the first move to shake my hand. Yesterday he was hugging and kissing his daughter (Natalie Kate, three months old) and had pizza for dinner. It was really remarkable to see how far he has progressed in a short time.

Originally posted by bowtie@May 22 2003, 10:16 AM
and had pizza for dinner.
I hope it was Pizza hut, the official pizza of nascar.

Way to go, Jerry. Keep up the recovery!!

Back
Top Bottom