𝗑𝗔𝗦𝗔'π˜€ π—”π—Ώπ˜π—²π—Ίπ—Άπ˜€ π—œ 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻 π—₯π—Όπ—°π—Έπ—²π˜

She's scheduled to go up Monday

Reactions: sdj
I am ready and watching live "Everyday Astronaut" on Youtube .
Currently NASA is chasing a couple bugs right now.

(update from launch director soon)

Couple bugs and red weather made for a scrub for today. Next chance Sept 2. All subject to change.

It looked pretty stormy off of the Cape, could definitely see it from the beach. Hopefully they figure out the mechanical issues in time for Friday.

NASA will target Saturday, Sept. 3 at 2:17 p.m. EDT, the beginning of a two-hour window, for the launch of Artemis I.

Wow, Artemis scrubbed again for fuel leaks.
Announcement heard over loudspeakers at the cape
"SpaceX....please report to the front office please." :) πŸš€πŸ˜

• Haha
Wow, Artemis scrubbed again for fuel leaks.
Announcement heard over loudspeakers at the cape
"SpaceX....please report to the front office please." :) πŸš€πŸ˜
Screw SpaceX

I am thinking sabotage. JMHO
I dont feel real good about how NASA has gone about this project .
way over budget and thats using old shuttle engines they had left
over from 2011. Fingers are still crossed and I still think the space
program is awesome.
Link about the engines:

Quote from Market Realist :
"The rocket's construction, a group effort, involved aerospace company Northrop Grumman (NOC), which made the rocket boosters. Aerojet Rocketdyne (AJRD) built the engines (where the issue causing the postponement is taking place), and Boeing (BA) built the rocket’s orange core stage, which is also experiencing issues."

Put the proven Saturn 5 rocket engines on it and get the job done. NASA always wants to reinvent the wheel.
The tooling to make said engines is sadly no more. The cost to remake the tooling and put them back in production is prohibitive

Also, the SLS uses RS-25 engines that flew on the space shuttle - NASA is reusing their own stuff.

She is finally off

Finally and I feel certain it only took a couple billion dollars to get it off the ground.

And you know this how? Please show the proof.
Just one item turned up in a google search

• Haha
Typical bureaucratic answer.

If Musk had had the budget that NASA had, we would be staying in a Hilton on the moon by now for 1/3 the cost.
unless he blew himself up first.

The crackle and pop of those solid rocket boosters were amazing.
Cant wait for the data and hopefully some nice vids of the moon.
YUP reminds me of the shuttle. Nothing like an RS 25 at full song

YUP reminds me of the shuttle. Nothing like an RS 25 at full song

Yes there is, A Saturn 5 moon launch was amazing, I saw and heard 4 of them from 3 to 8 miles from the cape and I have seen over 20 shuttle launches and those 20 launches combined were not as loud or awe inspiting as one Saturn 5 moon launch.

Photo from on board yesterday as she rounds the moon.

Screenshot_20221122-154457_Instagram.jpg

The thing that impressed me about the launch was that at 5 minutes into the flight, NASA reported that the speed of the craft was up to about 10,550 MPH already. Eat your heart out NASCAR. I'd hate to see Ross Chastain operating at that speed.

Also, I understand that this is the first step in a plan to form a base on the moon and use it as a launch point to go to MARS. This could be a little dicey. Some of the plans that I have heard of have specify that those who make the first trips to MARS have to sign off on the fact that once they go there, they will have to remain their permanently, i.e. the rest of their lives. If that's true, I think that would be pretty tough to sign off on, no matter how good your psychological tests came back and no matter how much you want to make the trip.

Artemis back on earth as planned. A little bit of me wonders what could
have been had NASA been green lighted to continue with moon missions
for the past 50 years. Could have there been a hotel on the moon by now?

breathed a sigh of relief seeing those chutes.

and for the NASA doubters - Im impressed at how the mission went, yeah humans have been to the moon before and ya this was uncrewed, but space is hard.

All these billions spent and we have a proven Saturn 5 just sitting there, makes know sense. Don't start with modern upgrades, the Saturn 5 could be upgraded to new tech.

Back
Top Bottom