NASCAR 2015 - BOLD Prediction Thread

You know... It sucks because I could have used it last year and did pretty good.... but its great because saying something like "Joey Logano gets 3+ wins"... just isn't that bold anymore :D

You know... It sucks because I could have used it last year and did pretty good.... but its great because saying something like "Joey Logano gets 3+ wins"... just isn't that bold anymore :D
Ah, the innocence of a NASCAR youngin. Take nothing for granted. It's nice to think that our driver will do nothing but improve year after year but most times it simply doesn't happen. You don't have to look back too far to find examples of drivers that have great seasons followed up by great disappointment. I'm just sayin. ;)

Lowes announces they are leaving Jimmy Johnson.
Remember, this has to happen between the green flag @ Daytona and the checker flag @ Homestead. I mark your prediction down but you can change it anytime you like up through Daytona Eve.

Anyone else out there ready to put their money where their mouth is and make a 2015 BOLD Prediction? I see a couple predictions out there that are more than likely to come true. How BOLD they are though remains to be seen when we vote for the winner at the end of the season. It would be great to pass 60 players this year. Come join in if you think you're good enough. :D

Ah, the innocence of a NASCAR youngin. Take nothing for granted. It's nice to think that our driver will do nothing but improve year after year but most times it simply doesn't happen. You don't have to look back too far to find examples of drivers that have great seasons followed up by great disappointment. I'm just sayin. ;)
Well yeah... obviously... lol..... but Im saying if it does happen... it wouldn't be such a bold prediction come true as it would have last season. If I would have had that one last year it could have ended up with a lot of votes.. probably wouldnt have beat out the HMS one.... but this year its not as bold.

...that being said.. I do believe Joey will continue to run up front.

I was serious with my first prediction but I'll play along. Smoke will be comeback driver of the year and if he isn't he should be anyway!!!!!!!!!!

I was serious with my first prediction but I'll play along. Smoke will be comeback driver of the year and if he isn't he should be anyway!!!!!!!!!!
What does this even mean?

How is 'comeback' defined by you? If it's by wins then predict a number of wins. Be specific.

Last edited:
What does this even mean?

How is 'comeback' defined by you? If it's by wins then predict a number of wins. Be specific.

Well sir, he's still coming back fron a horribly broken leg from two years ago and his problems last year are no secrete to anyone who knows anything about racing or current events. I have no clue if he'll win a race but I don't believe that would exclude him for the chase. So just to make it easy, how's about he makes the top 15. I hope this will meet your approval, if not, then you can fit it into the protocol of this prediction thread. Thank you in advance.

Well sir, he's still coming back fron a horribly broken leg from two years ago and his problems last year are no secrete to anyone who knows anything about racing or current events. I have no clue if he'll win a race but I don't believe that would exclude him for the chase. So just to make it easy, how's about he makes the top 15. I hope this will meet your approval, if not, then you can fit it into the protocol of this prediction thread. Thank you in advance.
Not sure why you tend to make this some sort of personal thing. It's a simple game, all for fun, as it has been for years. Your definition of comeback driver could differ from mine and that is why I ask you to be specific. That was much to vague of a statement. This has absolutely nothing to do with my approval or disapproval of anything. I do this thread each year for us to have a good time with. I want to see people make predictions that not only are correct but players of the game can look at as being a BOLD prediction. Something that is kind of out there with a slim possibility of happening. That's the idea behind this game. It is not to pick something obvious. I'll put you down for the top 15 for Tony but you may want to rethink that if you would like to take home the title at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Predictions updated.....

2015 Bold Predictions.jpg

Not sure why you tend to make this some sort of personal thing. It's a simple game, all for fun, as it has been for years. Your definition of comeback driver could differ from mine and that is why I ask you to be specific. That was much to vague of a statement. This has absolutely nothing to do with my approval or disapproval of anything. I do this thread each year for us to have a good time with. I want to see people make predictions that not only are correct but players of the game can look at as being a BOLD prediction. Something that is kind of out there with a slim possibility of happening. That's the idea behind this game. It is not to pick something obvious. I'll put you down for the top 15 for Tony but you may want to rethink that if you would like to take home the title at the end of the year.

I don't even know if they have a "Comeback Driver Award" hence if they don't he should win it anyway. Nothing personal about it, I've not been around here long enough to know the rules of this game. To be honest, I think Smokes best driving days may be behind him and only time will tell. I'd like to see him win another championship before he hangs up his helmet. I just don't if the toll of the last two years is to great for even Smoke to overcome.

I don't even know if they have a "Comeback Driver Award" hence if they don't he should win it anyway. Nothing personal about it, I've not been around here long enough to know the rules of this game. To be honest, I think Smokes best driving days may be behind him and only time will tell. I'd like to see him win another championship before he hangs up his helmet. I just don't if the toll of the last two years is to great for even Smoke to overcome.
I think @dpkimmel2001 is just looking for something measurable. It's kind of hard to say a prediction came true based off a what-if scenario. Perhaps "Tony finishes Top 10 in points" or "Tony wins at least two races" would be more sufficient predictions.

ahhhh....a racing thread that makes you wish it was already 'tona time. Its almost time to smell burning rubber and listen to drivers whine about tight and loose cars

My 1st thought was Danica will not win a race in 2015 and will leave SHR at the end of the year. But I'm going to be even bolder and predict that a Penske driver will win the 2015 Cup Championship.

I just thought a top 15 in the points would give him a ride in the chase, however, I didn't write it like that and now understand where the confusion came from. So basically I meant he'll make the chase (I hope) and anything can happen from there. That would be a major comeback from his previous two years. So now that I understand what it is you were looking for I'll predict he'll make the final 4 ? but I think Jr. may take the Cup home in 15.

By the way after I re-read my post, I think, I figured out how my implying caused some confusion and thanks oda for pointing out the error in my ways.

Everyone's that's made a prediction to date, please check to see that I have your prediction recorded properly. Post any updates in this thread rather than PMing me so that everyone can see any changes.

Thanks.

This prediction will come true.

Is an easy one. Guy hit rock bottom last year. He can only go up from where he is now.

Easy 3 win season for good old Tony.

I was number 7 on the list and now I am number 17. Is this bad or good or or or what?

Back
Top Bottom