NASCAR 2020 - BOLD Prediction Thread - The VOTE

Of the five predictions proven to be true, which one is the most BOLD prediction of 2020 ?

• Cole Custer will win (at least) one race

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Chase Elliott wins his first Cup title

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Jimmie Johnson will go winless for the third straight year

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • (It will be announced that) Kyle Larson will replace Jimmie Johnson at Hendrick for 2021)

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Kevin Harvick wins the most races in Cup this season

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The 2020 NASCAR Cup Series has come to an end with FIVE predictions posted prior to the start of the season proven to be true.

Each of the five correct predictions is eligible to be considered as the most bold prediction of the year.

The decision as to which one is the MOST BOLD is up to you.

Each member of the board can vote only one time but a vote can be changed until the voting window closes.

Voting closes after one week.

The entire list of predictions is as follows:

NASCAR 2020 - BOLD PREDICTIONS FINAL.jpg

Custer. They sure hit on a setup for his car at Kentucky.

I voted against Custer because literally ANYONE can win at plate tracks. Had the prediction been Custer wins at a non-plate track, then it would be a different story.

Isn't Bowman technically replacing Johnson? If so, the Larson prediction shouldn't even be included in this poll. The caveat being the prediction for Larson (going to Hendrick) made prior to his suspension.

Chase winning the championship and Harvick winning the most races aren't at all bold in my opinion.

I voted Johnson going winless because I figured NASCAR would do everything in their power to ensure their 7-time champ would get to victory lane at least once in his farewell season.

Isn't Bowman technically replacing Johnson? If so, the Larson prediction shouldn't even be included in this poll. The caveat being the prediction for Larson (going to Hendrick) made prior to his suspension. Chase winning the championship and Harvick winning the most races aren't at all bold in my opinion. I voted Johnson going winless because I figured NASCAR would do everything in their power to ensure their 7-time champ would get to victory lane at least once in his farewell season.

Depends on how you view it. Bowman is going to the 48 with Ally, but is keeping Greg Ives from the 88. Cliff Daniels is moving over to the 5.

With how the champion is determined now, I mean predicting who it will be before the start of the year is kind of bold.

I agree that saying Custer would win at least one race isn't that bold, given that it could've even been a plate track, which would not be toooooo bold.

Now since I thought it was bold to say Harvick goes winless, of course I wouldn't vote for him having the most, because to me bold is at the other end of the scale.

I am kind of shocked Johnson went winless. But, I wouldn't really call that bold either.

Now, this one all depends on how you look at it.

(It will be announced that) Kyle Larson will replace Jimmie Johnson at Hendrick for 2021)

Bowman is going to the 48 car, BUT...it's still the 88 team. Kind of like how right now Willy B drives the 24 car, but it's not the 24 team, it's just numbers being changed.

TECHICALLY the team that Larson is going to, is the 48 team, just with a new number. But all the people working on the car, and all that will be who worked on Johnson's this year, so I say that's replacing Johnson.

So it's really between Chase and Larson here.

Like I said with how they do the championship now, predicting someone wins it, surely someone who still is sort of climbing the ladder, is pretty bold.

But then again the Larson one is as well.

Right now I'll vote for Chase, but I might think it over and come change my vote.

This was really hard between Chase winning the Championship and Kyle Larson replacing Jimmie Johnson. I went with Chase because I didn't think he would get that far. Also, there was some chatter about Larson to HMS so it wasn't totally shocking, at least for me.

With how the champion is determined now, I mean predicting who it will be before the start of the year is kind of bold.

I agree that saying Custer would win at least one race isn't that bold, given that it could've even been a plate track, which would not be toooooo bold.

Now since I thought it was bold to say Harvick goes winless, of course I wouldn't vote for him having the most, because to me bold is at the other end of the scale.

I am kind of shocked Johnson went winless. But, I wouldn't really call that bold either.

Now, this one all depends on how you look at it.

(It will be announced that) Kyle Larson will replace Jimmie Johnson at Hendrick for 2021)

Bowman is going to the 48 car, BUT...it's still the 88 team. Kind of like how right now Willy B drives the 24 car, but it's not the 24 team, it's just numbers being changed.

TECHICALLY the team that Larson is going to, is the 48 team, just with a new number. But all the people working on the car, and all that will be who worked on Johnson's this year, so I say that's replacing Johnson.

So it's really between Chase and Larson here.

Like I said with how they do the championship now, predicting someone wins it, surely someone who still is sort of climbing the ladder, is pretty bold.

But then again the Larson one is as well.

Right now I'll vote for Chase, but I might think it over and come change my vote.
I like your logic but I went with Larson over Chase. While calling the champ in advance is pretty bold, Chase winning shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I think more stars and planets had to align for Larson to get the fourth Hendrick seat, esp. as badly skewed as Kyle knocked them himself.

Kyle Larson will replace Jimmie Johnson at Hendrick for 2021.

Not trying to influence the vote but regarding the discussion about the Kyle Larson prediction, it simply states that Larson will replace Johnson (as a driver) at Hendrick Motorsports.

It says nothing about what car, team, or crew chief that Larson will be driving for.

Consequently, game management ruled that the prediction was proven to be true, although Brian France questioned why the Fox NFL Sunday show would replace Johnson with a race car driver . . . .

Apparently the polling data providers are staying away. I am thinking the ability to view the current results in real time did the trick.

Wow, I wished all voting decisions were this hard. It would be good to hear more from the candidates as to why we should vote for them.
Tough call!

With one day left to vote, the predictions by @Joker (Cole Custer will win one race) and @be9ak7ts16 (Chase Elliott wins his first Cup title) are locked in a dead heat with 11 votes each.

Looks like those two might need to hit the campaign trail in order to find a few votes in order to put one of them over the top.

In the event of a tie in the results when the voting window closes, I'll crank up an unprecedented run-off election ballot with just those two predictions.

I have a hard time campaigning for my prediction to win. No matter what I say it will look like I’m pandering to you folks. I leave it up to you fine people to decide our fate. Getting this far is already a victory in my eyes. @Joker good luck my friend and may the people here decide who is the boldest.

When does the Electoral College confirm @dirtfan ? (as winner of the Pick 'Em game)
Glad you asked, @aunty dive.

It's not the Pick 'Em game where we're seeing irregularities in the electoral system..

The deadline for casting votes in the BOLD PREDICTION game was set at seven days after the beginning of the thread yet, eight days later, votes are still able to be submitted and are being counted.

Top talent is conducting a thorough investigation at this very moment . . . . .

mr. bacon.jpg

Kyle Busch was 2019 Cup Champion, and then in 2020 mounted a thoroughly pathetic attempt to defend his title.

Yours truly @LewTheShoe was 2019 Bold Prediction Champion, and then in 2020 was equally as pathetic as KDB.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for y'all to contemplate over the winter.. :idunno:

CONGRATULATIONS TO @be9ak7ts16 !!

2020 Bold Prediction champion plaque.jpg

The ballots have been tabulated and 37.5% of the votes cast went to the winning entry by @be9ak7ts16 who predicted that "Chase Elliott wins his first Cup title."

With 34.4% of the vote, @Joker took second place in the balloting with his prediction that "Cole Custer will win one race."

@be9ak7ts16 is officially added to the top of the list of champions of the BOLD PREDICTION game.

2020 - 37.5% - @be9ak7ts16 - Chase Elliott wins his first Cup title

2019 - 37.2% - @LewTheShoe - At least one 2019 Cup winner will fail to make the playoff field

2018 - 47.6% - @Snappy D - Matt Kenseth is driver of the #6 car by the 2nd half of the year

2017 - 56.1% - @SlicedBread22 - No Chevy's in the Final (Championship) Four

2016 - 43.5% - @Zerkfitting - Tony Stewart will win a race this (2016) season

2015 - thread lost due to the short term crash and burn of the racing-forums.com board

2014 - 72.5% - @Wrangler1 - HMS (5, 24, 48, and 88) WILL NOT be among the final four eligible for the title

2013 - 47.2% - @BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

2012 - 50.0% - @FenderBumper - Brad Keselowski wins 5 or more races

2011 - 46.2% - @dpkimmel2001 - Paul Menard will win his first Cup race with RCR in 2011

Thanks to everyone who participated !!!

Back
Top Bottom