NASCAR 2022 - BOLD Prediction Thread - The VOTE

Of the nine predictions proven to be true, which one is the MOST BOLD prediction of 2022 ?

• North Wilkesboro Speedway will be revived with a date on the 2023 Cup Schedule

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Tyler Reddick will win multiple (more than 1) races for RCR this season in Cup

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Kyle Larson does NOT make the final four

• The King's car (#43) will win again…….go Erik Jones

• Ross Chastain wins more than one race in Cup during 2022

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • There will be at least 5 wins by drivers who have never won a Cup series race before this season

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • A non-American driver wins a points-paying Cup race

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #23 ownership is tired of losing, looking for new driver

• Trackhouse Racing will get it’s first win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The 2022 NASCAR Cup Series has come to an end with NINE predictions, posted prior to the start of the season, proven to be true.

Each of the nine correct predictions is eligible to be considered as the most bold prediction of the year.

The decision as to which one is the MOST BOLD is up to you.

Each member of the board can vote only one time but a vote can be changed until the voting window closes.

Voting closes after one week.

The entire list of predictions is as follows:

NASCAR 2022 - BOLD PREDICTIONS FINAL.jpg

Wilkesboro getting a cup date so soon is the one for me. I thought 2024-2025 at the earliest

Before any claims of election fraud are formally registered, the local election board acknowledges that a typographical error has been discovered on the ballot.

The first choice should read:

"North Wilkesboro Speedway will be revived with a date on the 2023 Cup Schedule"

Being really nice with the “#23 ownership is tired of losing, looking for new driver” because that’s not why the switch took place lol. Think that should be honestly marked incorrectly.

Some might consider it a manipulation of the ballot in an attempt to draw votes away from legitimate candidates.

Vote your conscience and you can't go wrong.

Being really nice with the “#23 ownership is tired of losing, looking for new driver” because that’s not why the switch took place lol. Think that should be honestly marked incorrectly.

But voted for the North Wilkesboro one.
It’s 22 votes behind. Moot point

It’s 22 votes behind. Moot point
I mean that’s true. I just find it odd it’s here, when its not actually a true statement. Without the “tired of losing.” Part, and just saying he wouldn’t be in the car, it be true. But oh well it’s losing so whatever

@hmmm298 gets my vote this time. I like to vote for things that happen at the racetrack. The North Wilkesboro prediction is nice too but so many different first-time winners came as a surprise.

Why I voted for the #43 car getting to Victory Lane.

I'm not sure why y'all find NW surprising. When the NC legislature allocated COVID relief money to them last year, everyone told me repeatedly it meant they would get a race.
Probably because we didn’t think they get on the Cup schedule so soon. I personally thought we have like 2-3 years of Trucks before Cup got a date.

Probably because we didn’t think they get on the Cup schedule so soon. I personally thought we have like 2-3 years of Trucks before Cup got a date.
I think that would’ve been the case, but two things helped speed that up. 2 more HORRENDOUS Texas races, and a massive crowd for the late model races.

North Wilkesboro surprised me the most. Lots of good choices though.

I'm not sure why y'all find NW surprising. When the NC legislature allocated COVID relief money to them last year, everyone told me repeatedly it meant they would get a race.
The 2023 schedule part was the shocking part and the stars had to align.

If that place isn't jam packed on a Wednesday night for a CARS Tour race (THANKS DALE), this doesn’t happen for a few more years.

If you were there for that race, you knew you were witnessing a special moment.

At the time of this post, with a little over two days until the polls close, the tabulated returns for the Most Bold Prediction of 2022 indicate that the race for the title is a dead heat.

Campaign activity for the eligible predictions has been minimal, especially from the two prognosticators that currently lead the balloting, @Jorge De Guzman and @hmmm298.

If you've voted, the local election regulations allow votes to be changed up until the time that the polls close.

And if you haven't yet voted, don't be a stooge, make your voice heard !!!

three stooges.jpg

At the time of this post, with a little over two days until the polls close, the tabulated returns for the Most Bold Prediction of 2022 indicate that the race for the title is a dead heat.

Campaign activity for the eligible predictions has been minimal, especially from the two prognosticators that currently lead the balloting, @Jorge De Guzman and @hmmm298.
Here are a couple of articles showing just how rare five first time winners in a season is, as well as why it may be quite a long time before we see it again.

Apparently it is a record and has happened three other times (2001, 2002, and 2011).

Source: 71984-nascar-has-seen-a-parade-of-first-time-cup-winners-in-2022-could-another-first-timer-triumph-at-bristol

Also the only full time drivers from this season who still have never won at least one race are Harrison, Gilliland, Ty Dillon, Corey Lajoie and Cody Ware. Even with the rookies moving up soon (Gragson and Gibbs for example), it’s very unlikely we will see a combination with these guys for five first time winners again for quite a while.

Source: https://www.frontstretch.com/2022/07/08/did-you-notice-nascar-has-no-first-time-winners-left/

Some examples showing just how rare and “bold” this prediction was.

Here are a couple of articles showing just how rare five first time winners in a season is, as well as why it may be quite a long time before we see it again.

Apparently it is a record and has happened three other times (2001, 2002, and 2011).

Source: 71984-nascar-has-seen-a-parade-of-first-time-cup-winners-in-2022-could-another-first-timer-triumph-at-bristol

Also the only full time drivers from this season who still have never won at least one race are Harrison, Gilliland, Ty Dillon, Corey Lajoie and Cody Ware. Even with the rookies moving up soon (Gragson and Gibbs for example), it’s very unlikely we will see a combination with these guys for five first time winners again for quite a while.

Source: https://www.frontstretch.com/2022/07/08/did-you-notice-nascar-has-no-first-time-winners-left/

Some examples showing just how rare and “bold” this prediction was.
A great campaign post for sure. May sway a few.

I can't believe it's even close.
We have been told repeatedly to move on and that North Willkesboro = NEVER!!!!!!!
5 first time winners has now happened 4 times since 2002. 4 is exponentially more than never.

I have to support @Jorge De Guzman on this one even if it means taking a vote from my own prediction of no Larson in the final 4.

Well…this is a new one. I thought the prediction itself would be all I needed but we have cases being made.

1. I saw in above posts that on “on- track accomplishments are more important than scheduling”. While I agree there, there has never been a proclamation made predictions need to be limited to on track happenings. *the prediction I won with in 19 when Kenseth drove the 6, he didn’t accomplish anything except riding around in 15th every week when he got back behind the wheel. So there’s recent evidence of a non specific/non spectacular driver achievement winning this game

2. How rare can first time winners prediction be when this is the 4th time now it’s happened in 20 years? It even happened in back to back years (01-02) With the parity this next gen car brings I can probably guarantee it’s going to happen more in the future. I’d say driver talent level is rising too, you mix those two factors together and a season like this will happen again, maybe not right away but it will happen within the next 20 years. Maybe 10.

3. How many times on here (check on the broader stage of social media. Buried) in these fine parts did we see a poster bring up “ya gotta go back to NW” only to be shot down, made fun of or shooed away by a board know it all or the general population of this board. “You gotta move on from the past”, “TV doesn’t want to go there” “It’s crumbling, the surface is sliding back down into the earth” “there are better places to go to” or “god….this again” Well those ladies and gents were incredibly wrong. Sure it took a huge break of getting state funded money but every prediction has a little luck to it right? You also have the speed of this coming back on the schedule. We all agreed after the news of the money coming to fruition and Marcus on the DJD “don’t forget about NW”, maybe 24,25 or in even great symmetry 26 on the 30th anniversary of Cup Leaving, A race could be held there. To fast forward to not even a year later of all this happening and an actual Cup Race will take place there in 23 is bonkers. There has to be some reward there for that BOLD predicting.

In closing, the more than five different winners prediction is a pretty good one. Most years that should win. But not this year. Not when a relic from NASCAR’s distant past over 25 years ago is being raised from the dead after being left to crumble and rot by media, fans, the sport itself and the very company that owns the track. The speed, ferocity, enthusiasm and joy of the revival should not go unnoticed as not one person could have predicted the revival itself nor the gravity at which it’s moving. They didn’t put quit enough dirt on the grave of NW and now here it is, a BOLD prediction in January of 22 on RF’s.com to an actual race in May of 23. Not too late to change those votes or make your initial vote to my prediction.

2. How rare can first time winners prediction be when this is the 4th time now it’s happened in 20 years? It even happened in back to back years (01-02) With the parity this next gen car brings I can probably guarantee it’s going to happen more in the future. I’d say driver talent level is rising too, you mix those two factors together and a season like this will happen again, maybe not right away but it will happen within the next 20 years. Maybe 10.
This is a good point. But, how many times has it happened in the history of NASCAR? It’s still kinda rare. Even with the 20 year thing, I say it’s rare. Like say in baseball, in 20 seasons say the wildcard team won the World Series. 20 years is a pretty good amount of time in all honesty.

It’s still pretty rare to happen. Now if yours win, it’s still a pretty good prediction, and a worthy winner. But the 5 first time winners is pretty good also and pretty deserved. Anything else besides those two I don’t see being worthy.

This is a good point. But, how many times has it happened in the history of NASCAR? It’s still kinda rare. Even with the 20 year thing, I say it’s rare. Like say in baseball, in 20 seasons say the wildcard team won the World Series. 20 years is a pretty good amount of time in all honesty.

It’s still pretty rare to happen. Now if yours win, it’s still a pretty good prediction, and a worthy winner. But the 5 first time winners is pretty good also and pretty deserved. Anything else besides those two I don’t see being worthy.
But it’s not rare in the last 20 years, even 11 years ago at the height of HMS/JGR/Roush when not many drivers won for teams outside of those, it happened. Wild Card teams win the World Series or get to it pretty frequently, probably more so than this prediction happening. This car is going to add even more parity, I don’t think it’s going to be as rare as it was before 20 years ago when it happened. You can only have one North Wilkesboro revival, a revival like this only happens once in a lifetime.

But it’s not rare in the last 20 years, even 11 years ago at the height of HMS/JGR/Roush when not many drivers won for teams outside of those, it happened. This car is going to add even more parity, I don’t think it’s going to be as rare as it was before 20 years ago when it happened. You can only have one North Wilkesboro revival, a revival like this only happens once in a lifetime.
As I explained, I still see it as rare. Now if this was 2003, I’d be like yeah it’s done happened the last 2 years. But 4 out of 20 isn’t half, it’s not even half of half.

Now, I will give you this. It can be broken down to happen once every 5 years in that time, which if you look at it that way, I give it to you, that looks kinda common.

As I said if yours wins, well deserved, and if I could vote for both I definitely would.

As I explained, I still see it as rare. Now if this was 2003, I’d be like yeah it’s done happened the last 2 years. But 4 out of 20 isn’t half, it’s not even half of half.

Now, I will give you this. It can be broken down to happen once every 5 years in that time, which if you look at it that way, I give it to you, that looks kinda common.

As I said if yours wins, well deserved, and if I could vote for both I definitely would.
And my respectful retort, it’s even rarer to have a former Cup track come back from the dead to being revived to being a cup track again.

I saw in above posts that on “on- track accomplishments are more important than scheduling”. While I agree there, there has never been a proclamation made predictions need to be limited to on track happenings.
Nope, there hasn't. I prefer to vote for predictions that are related to on-track action, not ones about business deals. That's just my preference.

Which is fair enough and I respect that.

I meant like vote for both at the same time. Wish I could do that
I agree and understand the 4 times thing, though new tracks are added all the time even though I understand NWB has a lot of history. So does the Daytona Road course that was brought back a couple of years ago etc. However it looks likely that it will be many many years before we have that many first time winners again.

Also just to note I have always tried to keep my predictions strictly as on track things, other than the one about Chase Elliott being drafted which was a joke, but I agree that it’s definitely not a requirement or anything . :crash:

Also remember NWB so far is just an exhibition race. ;)

As @hmmm298 stated, we may never see this many different winners for the foreseeable future. It happened in the early 2000's because of the influx of new drivers. In 2022, there were very few rookies, which makes the prediction even more impressive.

@Jorge De Guzman's prediction is solid. That said, there have been rumblings about NASCAR going back there for years. With the tinkering of the schedule NASCAR has going lately, I'm not really surprised they chose to go return to North Wilkesboro.

Just my .02 cents.

~ bump warning - 360.jpg Less than 3 hours until the poll closes . . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom