NASCAR 2022 - Bold Prediction Thread

There will be at least four Level-3 penalties charged across the top three national touring series. 'Charged' means NASCAR will cite the teams, although the penalties may be overturned on appeal.

That ought to keep me eligible through championship weekend.
Nah, I don't like that. Not bold enough. Let's try

A Cup teams from one of these organizations will be assessed a Level-3 penalty - Penske (including Wood Bros), Hendrick, Childress, 23XI, Gibbs, Stewart-Haas, RFK. The penalty will be sustained on appeal.

The deadline for prediction submittals is noon eastern time, Sunday, February 20th, 2022, the date of the 2022 Daytona 500.

Predictions to date:

NASCAR 2022 - BOLD PREDICTIONS to date.jpg

A Cup driver wins the Indy 500.

If it needs to just be a Nascar pick, there will be at least 5 wins by drivers who have currently never won a Cup series race before this season.
I vote for being able to keep the Indy 500 prediction (technically NASCAR related). Going to be tough to top this one

A Cup driver wins the Indy 500.

If it needs to just be a Nascar pick, there will be at least 5 wins by drivers who have currently never won a Cup series race before this season.
I actually like that prediction, five new winners seems pretty bold to me.

SO,if i had two guesses ,my second one would be a team in the top 25 would miss a race because of a lack of parts.:eek: and yes someone can use it for 10% of the winnings

Looks like The Money Team is making it to Daytona, or will they miss the show with 42 cars??

SO,if i had two guesses ,my second one would be a team in the top 25 would miss a race because of a lack of parts.:eek: and yes someone can use it for 10% of the winnings

How about THE BIG ONE happens in the duels, and the 500 ends up with less cars than The Clash due to said lack of parts.

But I've already made my prediction, so..

Nah, I don't like that. Not bold enough. Let's try

A Cup teams from one of these organizations will be assessed a Level-3 penalty - Penske (including Wood Bros), Hendrick, Childress, 23XI, Gibbs, Stewart-Haas, RFK. The penalty will be sustained on appeal.
Nah, I don't like that. Not bold enough. Let's try:

Cup teams from these organizations will be assessed a total of THREE Level-3 penalties - Penske (including Wood Bros), Hendrick, Childress, 23XI, Gibbs, Stewart-Haas, RFK. The penalty will be sustained on appeal.

I wish there was a way that we could rank the BOLDNESS of the predictions before the season (or soon after the start).
I think opinions are apt to change after we have all watched the season play out.
JMHO

How does one change their prediction? With the news of TMT scheduled for a dozen or so races, I am thinking it’s not bold enough

How does one change their prediction? With the news of TMT scheduled for a dozen or so races, I am thinking it’s not bold enough

Simply submit another prediction before the deadline and the earlier prediction will be deleted.

@Charlie Spencer has already submitted three (and counting).

Ummmm. He made a prediction. He said non-American. You can't simply change the definition.
I'm not asking to change anything. There are multiple definitions of the word, not just one. For example, Webster's list three definitions, one of them yours.
1: an American Indian of North America or South America
2: a native or inhabitant of North America or South America
3: a native or inhabitant of the U.S. : a U.S. citizen

Based on the first definition, almost all races have been won by 'non-Americans'. Based on the second, Suarez and Villeneuve aren't non-Americans.

Dictionary.com lists the same three but in reverse order. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/american

Cambridge trots out a definition that uses the imprecise phrase 'comes from', with no mention of citizenship. But they're British, so what do they know about English? ;) https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/american
Definitions.net gathers several, many of which use the word 'inhabitant' without tying it to citizenship. https://www.definitions.net/definition/AMERICAN

I'm not trying to convince anyone of any particular definition. I just want clarification on how @Truex_rox is using the term, before someone makes an issue of the word later.

Last edited:
Define 'non-American'. Place of birth? Place of residence?
It's been very rare for any driver from any country besides the USA to win at the Cup level. In the past, there's been Juan Pablo Montoya of Colombia and Marcos Ambrose of Australia, both of whom won twice. Further back than that, Canadian driver Earl Ross once won a race at Martinsville for Junior Johnson. Does that help explain my prediction?

It's not true yet IMO. All we have is an announcement by TMT, it's still almost two weeks until the Speedweeks start and it's also not yet clear if more than 40 cars attempt to qualify.
I'm rooting for it to happen. Loving this new infusion of team owners, the sport needs it. :punkrocke

I'm rooting for it to happen. Loving this new infusion of team owners, the sport needs it. :punkrocke
I can't exactly say why I can't take TMT seriously. Maybe it's because it's taken so long to get its act together? Contrarily, maybe because it announced so many details so late in the off season? Because so many teams owned by retired figures from other sports have come and gone with no significant impact? Because I have complete disdain for boxing and am holding the owner against the team? All of the above?

I don't wish them ill, but I don't expect much from them.

Back
Top Bottom