NASCAR 2023 - BOLD Prediction Thread - The VOTE

Of the four predictions proven to be true, which one is the MOST BOLD prediction of 2023 ?

• Bristol Motor Speedway doesn't sell out the September Night race

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • ThorSport Racing drivers have more wins in the Truck Series than Hailie Deegan has top 10's

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Two drivers will be suspended by NASCAR for at least one race during the 2023 season

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • The Chicago race will not complete the scheduled distance

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The 2023 NASCAR Cup Series has come to an end with FOUR predictions, posted prior to the start of the season, proven to be true.

Each of the four correct predictions is eligible to be considered as the most bold prediction of the year.

The decision as to which one is the MOST BOLD is up to you.

Each member of the board can vote only one time but a vote can be changed until the voting window closes.

Voting closes after one week.

The entire list of predictions is as follows:

NASCAR 2023 - BOLD PREDICTIONS FINAL.jpg

I went with the suspension, NASCAR until recently hasn't suspended that many drivers. A non-sellout in my mind is no longer a story in 2023, in my opinion Deegan isn't that good. Chicago maybe but a lot of factors can play into that

Two of these were fairly predictable. Good call on the one I voted for.

The suspension guess should win this. It’s somewhat rare we get one in a season let alone more. The Chicago race not completing the distance is a really close second because of the fact we have rain tires now. No one could’ve predicted the biblical rain they got.

Bristol hasn’t sold out the night race in 8 or so years so I’m not calling that even the slightest bold. The Deegan brigade was saying equipment was holding her back, but clearly it wasn’t and most people knew that already.

My pick definitely is not a winner it didnt even come true.

But in terms of encouraging mankind, spreading hope and freedom from oppression and despair I think I should at least get a Nobel Peace Prize nomination.

In his drive for a third Bold Prediction Championship, @Zerkfitting is pushing the envelope towards a record high percentage of the vote.

The all-time record was set in 2014 when @Wrangler1 captured 72.5% with his prediction of "HMS (5, 24, 48, and 88) WILL NOT be among the final four eligible for the title."

2022 Champion's Club.jpg

The suspensions.

Chicago, kind of saw that coming just because of the start time.

Hailie Deegan has been much worse than even her harshest critics think she is.

Bristol, I mean, it was bound to happen sooner than later.

Chicago, kind of saw that coming just because of the start time.
True confessions time, since it clearly won't stop the Zerkfitting juggernaut. I expected an excessive number of cautions, not weather, to push the race beyond visibility. Still, a properly phrased Bold Prediction should be vague enough to cover a variety of circumstances.

Congratulations to @Zerkfitting, a three time winner of the BOLD PREDICTION game !!!

2023 Bold Prediction champion plaque - 850.jpg
2016 Bold Prediction champion plaque - 500.jpg
2021 Bold Prediction champion plaque - 500.jpg

THE CHAMPIONS' CLUB

2023 - 71.4% - @Zerkfitting - Two drivers will be suspended by NASCAR for at least one race during the 2023 season

2022 - 41.3% - @hmmm298 - There will be at least 5 wins by drivers that have never won a Cup Series race before this season

2021 - 55.3% - @Zerkfitting - A non-charter team wins a (Cup) race

2020 - 37.5% - @be9ak7ts16 - Chase Elliott wins his first Cup title

2019 - 37.2% - @LewTheShoe - At least one 2019 Cup winner will fail to make the playoff field

2018 - 47.6% - @Jorge De Guzman - Matt Kenseth is driver of the #6 car by the 2nd half of the year

2017 - 56.1% - @SlicedBread22 - No Chevy's in the Final (Championship) Four

2016 - 43.5% - @Zerkfitting - Tony Stewart will win a race in the 2016 Cup season

2015 - thread lost due to the short term crash and burn of the racing-forums.com board

2014 - 72.5% - @Wrangler1 - HMS (5, 24, 48, and 88) WILL NOT be among the final four eligible for the title

2013 - 47.2% - @BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

2012 - 50.0% - @FenderBumper - Brad Keselowski wins 5 or more races

2011 - 46.2% - @dpkimmel2001 - Paul Menard will win his first Cup race with RCR in 2011

Thanks to everyone that participated !!! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom