NASCAR 2023 - Bold Prediction Thread

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The racing-forums.com BOLD PREDICTION game is back for the 13th consecutive year.

Board users are invited to submit one, and only one, prediction that concerns the upcoming NASCAR 2023 racing season.

Predictions can concern virtually anything related to one of the three premier NASCAR series (Cup, Xfinity, Craftsman Truck).

The predicted event must occur sometime after the prediction is made and before the end of the day of the last race of the 2023 season.

All predictions, to be posted to this thread, should be as specific as possible (especially numeric predictions) and something that can be easily verified.

Before making a prediction, check the thread to avoid duplicating one that's been previously posted.

If identical predictions are made, only the first one to be posted will be accepted.

The deadline for prediction submittals is set at noon eastern time, Sunday, February 19th, 2022, the scheduled date of the 2023 Daytona 500.

A spreadsheet listing all accepted predictions will be compiled and then posted prior to the start of the Daytona 500.

After the last race of the season an updated spreadsheet will be posted showing the accuracy, or inaccuracy, of each prediction.

A list of the predictions proven to be true will be posted on a new, separate thread for all to vote on as to which true prediction was the MOST BOLD.

A list of predictions that gathered the greatest percentage of votes each year is as follows:

2022 - 41.3% - @hmmm298 - There will be at least 5 wins by drivers who have never won a Cup series race before this season

2021 - 55.3% - @Zerkfitting - A non-charter team wins a (Cup) race

2020 - 37.5% - @be9ak7ts16 - Chase Elliott wins his first Cup title

2019 - 37.2% - @LewTheShoe - At least one 2019 Cup winner will fail to make the playoff field

2018 - 47.6% - @Snappy D - Matt Kenseth is driver of the #6 car by the 2nd half of the year

2017 - 56.1% - @SlicedBread22 - No Chevy's in the Final (Championship) Four

2016 - 43.5% - @Zerkfitting - Tony Stewart will win a race this (2016) season

2015 - game thread lost

2014 - 72.5% - @Wrangler1 - HMS (5, 24, 48, and 88) WILL NOT be among the final four eligible for the title

2013 - 47.2% - @BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

2012 - 50.0% - @FenderBumper - Brad Keselowski wins 5 or more races

2011 - 46.2% - @dpkimmel2001 - Paul Menard will win his first Cup race with RCR in 2011

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!!

hailie deegan will win a truck race and larson will win the championship

Jeff Burton will be forced to retire from NBC this year due to a broadcasting injury.

His ratcheting jaw joint will become unhinged due to overuse and overheating while explaining that every point counts during a race. The injury will be made worse by his refusal to stop talking and resting his jaw throughout the rest of that race.

The surgery to rebuild his Jaw using titanium and teflon parts will be a sucess but complications from the development of the Jaw Arthritis will just be to much for him to ever recover his original Jaw speed.

Board users are invited to submit one, and only one, prediction that concerns the upcoming NASCAR 2023 racing season.

As a basic rule, a prediction most likely won't be accepted if the word "and" is in the prediction.

The predictions by @hmmm298 and @acmerocket, as submitted, are not acceptable.

Kyle Busch leads the Cup series in wins this season and has more than all Toyota drivers combined.

hailie deegan will win a truck race and larson will win the championship

Jeff Burton will be forced to retire from NBC this year due to a broadcasting injury.

It is the opinion of game management that if Jeff Burton retires as a broadcaster, for whatever reason, @Greg should be awarded the game's Grand Prize just for having brought up the idea.

As a basic rule, a prediction most likely won't be accepted if the word "and" is in the prediction.

The predictions by @hmmm298 and @acmerocket, as submitted, are not acceptable.
Kyle Busch leads the Cup series in wins this season with more wins than all Toyota drivers combined as well.

just look at it as a typing error. It was meant to be a comma
he,s using a and is he out to?:whoopee:
And also I’d say no because I know how to play the game. the AND in my initial prediction isn’t leading to another prediction, which comes off as trying to sneak two in there, the prediction is one coherent prediction. There was no typing error or stutter( think that’s proper use of a comma), I said what I said.

tough crowd.jpg

And also I’d say no because I know how to play the game. the AND in my initial prediction isn’t leading to another prediction, which comes off as trying to sneak two in there, the prediction is one coherent prediction. There was no typing error or stutter( think that’s proper use of a comma), I said what I said.

@Jorge De Guzman makes a good point regarding the nature of predictions.

Provided that the elements of the prediction are related somehow, the prediction will be accepted.

In hind-site, the initial prediction by @hmmm298 should have been accepted.

The two predictions by @acmerocket, however, are totally unrelated.

Kyle busch wins 10 races

Revman confesses his love for ty the twink gibbs

Wait thats 2 predictions. Lets go with the 2nd

Denny Hamlin goes winless in 2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought about this last night

This includes DQ’s.

IE Hamlin wins the Daytona 500 and his car is found illegal and he’s stripped of the win, he still has 0 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His ratcheting jaw joint will become unhinged due to overuse and overheating while explaining that every point counts during a race. The injury will be made worse by his refusal to stop talking and resting his jaw throughout the rest of that race.

The surgery to rebuild his Jaw using titanium and teflon parts will be a sucess but complications from the development of the Jaw Arthritis will just be to much for him to ever recover his original Jaw speed.
I just finished watching the 2007 Richmond spring race. Jeff was interviewed after an early DNF and he sounded like an entirely different person, his voice was much deeper and he was also speaking way slower.

Maybe NBC needs a graphic like this one.
1675193766702.png

I just finished watching the 2007 Richmond spring race. Jeff was interviewed after an early DNF and he sounded like an entirely different person, his voice was much deeper and he was also speaking way slower.

Maybe NBC needs a graphic like this one.
View attachment 68097
That was before he starting take the Jawroids and some Meth immediately before calling a race.
Well this year the self abuse will catch up with him.

Back
Top Bottom