NASCAR 2023 - Bold Prediction Thread

Kyle Busch wins most popular driver, and the boos turn to cheers during driver introductions

"The predicted event must occur sometime after the prediction is made and before the end of the day of the last race of the 2023 season."

To the best of my knowledge, the Most Popular Driver Award isn't announced until the Awards Banquet, held well after the last race of the season.

Predictions to date:

NASCAR 2023 - initial list.jpg

"The predicted event must occur sometime after the prediction is made and before the end of the day of the last race of the 2023 season."

To the best of my knowledge, the Most Popular Driver Award isn't announced until the Awards Banquet, held well after the last race of the season.
How about KB is #1 selling merchandise

Board users are invited to submit one, and only one, prediction that concerns the upcoming NASCAR 2023 racing season.
NASCAR will be sold to a new ownership group
Kyle Busch wins his first Daytona 500
Legacy motor club will get a points paying win this season

Yo, @Bigpaulie1979, you're over the limit and then some.

Although it's not specifically stated in the rules, when a player makes multiple predictions, the practice has always been to accept the last one submitted.

And although your third prediction is similar to the one made by @Jorge De Guzman, it's not entirely the same and would be accepted as is.

What'll it be ?

Ya got another one up your sleeve somewhere ?

I never get this right anyways so I’ll get it over with early this season.

Jimmie Johnson fails to qualify for the Daytona 500
Well thanks for playing. Our first elimination before round 1 of qualifying is half over.
;)
I hope that’s at least some sort of record.
I think you can still come up with a new one.

After careful deliberation, game management has decided the allowing @FLRacingFan to make another prediction would, in effect, be letting him make two separate predictions prior to the deadline.

Therefore, as @hmmm298 put it, thanks for playing . . .

Maybe make the deadline next year for the start of qualifying.

The Chicago race will not complete the scheduled distance.

Regarding the record for the earliest that a prediction has been proven to be false, a cursory review of BOLD PREDICTIONS going back to 2018 reveals the following:

2019 prediction by @LouieLouie: Jamie McMurray gets the pole for the Daytona 500 - William Byron won the pole for the 2019 Daytona 500

2020 prediction by @dirtfan: (Christopher) Bell will win the pole for the Daytona 500 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won the pole for the 2020 Daytona 500

2023 prediction by @FLRacingFan: Jimmie Johnson fails to qualify for the Daytona 500 - Johnson will start 39th in the 2023 Daytona 500

At this point the question is did Johnson technically qualify for this year's 500 prior to the winner of the pole position being determined ?

2023 predictions to date:

NASCAR 2023 - update list.jpg

At this point the question is did Johnson technically qualify for this year's 500 prior to the winner of the pole position being determined ?
When the fifth open car completed its qualifying lap it was safe that JJ would qualify for the race.
The fifth open car in the qualifying order was Pastrana in 18th. The winner of the pole position isn't determined until all 42 cars have run :idunno:

When the fifth open car completed its qualifying lap it was safe that JJ would qualify for the race.
The fifth open car in the qualifying order was Pastrana in 18th. The winner of the pole position isn't determined until all 42 cars have run :idunno:

And we have a new record holder. :puffin::punkrocke:pbjtime:

Congrats to @FLRacingFan, the new holder of the "Earliest That a Bold Prediction Has Been Proven to be False" record.

My prediction: Auto Club and at least two other tracks on this year's schedule will not be on next year's schedule when it's released.

On a similar note, I failed to vote in last year's poll before the deadline. Had I voted, my choice would've been tied with the prediction that ended up winning outright. Bummer!

Two more bite the dust.

Thanks for playing, fellers.

On your way out the door, be sure to pick your participation trophy. :cool:
Short but sweet.

For a couple of minutes there, both of them looked like they could get it done ... the vagaries of plate racing.

Back
Top Bottom