NASCAR CEO BRIAN FRANCE BUSTED FOR DUI & OXYCODONE

Hate to see this for anybody, but it could be great for us fans. Also, somebody please tell me Mike Helton was with him, please!

His luck ran out. Hope this gets him to straighten himself out. May push for a vote of no competence from the board.
This is bad for Nascar, period.

Not bad for NASCAR. We live in a society that forgives if one owns up to the situation and seeks treatment. I hope he's able to get the treatment he needs. The sport will move forward under different leadership. Might even move the sale forward at a quicker pace.

He would be on opioids.

I don't think he's going anywhere as far as NASCAR leadership. He'll probably plea out to time served with a stay at a substance abuse recovery resort, blah blah blah.

I don't think he's going anywhere as far as NASCAR leadership. He'll probably plea out to time served with a stay at a substance abuse recovery resort, blah blah blah.
I think hes gone. They are in the middle of sponsorship negotiations and the last thing you want is to put potential sponsors in this position. You have to separate yourself from him.

I think hes gone. They are in the middle of sponsorship negotiations and the last thing you want is to put potential sponsors in this position. You have to separate yourself from him.
I agree I think he will be out by tomorrow.

I tend to think so too. On a personal front it would be better for him and everyone around him if he gets genuine proper treatment. From a PR standpoint, the criminal possession of Oxy charge is harder to spin than a simple DUI. Also, this is being charged as aggravated DUI due to the alleged level of intoxication. The sport can't have a figurehead leader getting busted for plowing through the Hamptons drunk and with illegal meds on him at a sensitive time. Doesn't matter which President he is friends with.

Who would seem as a feasible replacement for him? I mean, if it escalates to that point of NASCAR appointing a new CEO, which it should tbh.

I've been calling for a change of leadership for years, so I hope this finally triggers that. I also support a change of ownership... the sale of the whole outfit... but not sure if this current problem would influence family decisions on that.

Also, Brian France has always been the #1 proponent of #MorePackRacing.

Honestly, this could be a great moment in modern NASCAR history if France is relieved of his duties. Find someone maybe a former driver with a great passion and business sense... Or someone who has been involved in racing ownership with a vision...

Believe it or not, as much of a dick he is... I'd vote Rob Kaufmann as a possible CEO for NASCAR. I think he would be a great candidate.

Stunning the tolerance for this kind of ****, but when a clean driver says or does something controversial, this board calls for his head. The dude should not have been behind the wheel. Could have killed somebody's brother, sister, mom, dad, kid, etc. No tolerance. His ass is out. His license should be gone forever--yeah, and that goes for anybody who does this. IF he has a problem---Why is it when these assholes get caught, they always have a problem?---he can get help if he wants to--that's not my business.

Can we now conclude that every major change in this sport since Brian came to power was made under the influence?

To remedy the wounds, the sport must revert all points based rule changes to pre-2004 standards :growl:

Works for me.....Bye, bye OSS.

Can we now conclude that every major change in this sport since Brian came to power was made under the influence?

To remedy the wounds, the sport must revert all points based rule changes to pre-2004 standards :growl:
I assume that would involve retroactively giving Jeff those championships?

Back
Top Bottom