Nascar Craftsman Truck Series 2023

No surprise, Cory Heim is on the pole followed by Ty Majeski. Playoff 4: Heim pole, Rhodes 6th, Hocevar 13th, Enfinger 17th'
Coverage starts at 9 EST. on FS-1

1699052676977.png

Heim was pretty stupid or temporary insane. He had an excellent season and he just fell apart in the final race.

I am probably one of the few that like Hocevar. He has great speed and can perform extremely well when he keeps himself in check. I think the ceiling is high as it gets for the talent. I just hope he grows up enough to stop the moments when he ruins someone elses race, that kind of stuff will define his career if he doesnt get control of that problem.

What he did Heim was idiotic. Not only that he stalked him until he finally sealed the deal. He had the payback from Heim coming.

I think Nascar should have left well enough alone and not penalized him. I dont think it sets a bad precedent. What Hocevar did was outrageous. Nascar should kick themselves in the ass for not penalizing Hocevar at least a couple laps intially after hitting Heim, that would have sent the right message.

I believe it was Heim that said that he and Hocevar have been racing together since they were 8 years old. It doesn't look like they get along very well lol. Hocevar not getting fined while Heim did probably won't help anything.

I am probably one of the few that like Hocevar. He has great speed and can perform extremely well when he keeps himself in check. I think the ceiling is high as it gets for the talent. I just hope he grows up enough to stop the moments when he ruins someone elses race, that kind of stuff will define his career if he doesnt get control of that problem.

What he did Heim was idiotic. Not only that he stalked him until he finally sealed the deal. He had the payback from Heim coming.

I think Nascar should have left well enough alone and not penalized him. I dont think it sets a bad precedent. What Hocevar did was outrageous. Nascar should kick themselves in the ass for not penalizing Hocevar at least a couple laps intially after hitting Heim, that would have sent the right message.
I disagree because I see the first incident as just a racing incident. Whereas Heim had malicious intent.

I disagree because I see the first incident as just a racing incident. Whereas Heim had malicious intent.
I cant disagree with your logic. But I think what Hocevar did at least qualifies as dumb and wreckless.
I dont think the discipline has to be restricted only to intent.

Hocevar’s issue is that he has too many racing incidents. His overacting for the camera afterwards was also incredibly obnoxious.
I honestly thought this was the least obvious he didn't hook Heim or anything like he has before. He's admitted he's trying to change and I think the frustration afterwards was part of that. It also got in his head which is why he lost 20 spots on the next restart.

Interesting that that three of the top five drivers in the Trucks Most Popular Driver award are people pretty strongly disliked by people on this forum.....

MPD is a measure of the ability to motivate social media followers, who are allowed to vote repeatedly.
True, but they are getting people to vote for them over others. I have NEVER considered the MPD vote to have even the slightest bit of credibility, regardless of the format used to vote. I never bought for one second the notion that Bill Elliott was more popular than Dale Earnhardt. That was an election scam than blows away anything that may or may not have happened in recent history. Even though Chase probably really is the current MPD, I take it all with a grain of salt. It's also why I don't watch entertainer awards shows. I have little interest in popularity contests, as most of you here already know.

As much as I have ridiculed MW over the years I would take him over any of the NBC gerbils. At least he isnt almost hyper ventilating

I don't mind Phil, just ditch Mike "paid by the word" Waltrip.

As much as I have ridiculed MW over the years I would take him over any of the NBC gerbils. At least he isnt almost hyper ventilating

I actually don't hate Mikey when he's doing his goofy gridwalk and sideshow stuff, but he's TERRIBLE in the booth.

"Wow, what exciting action we are seeing here from these truck drivers!" Ugh. He says this every single race, and it sounds so forced and phony. Guess what Mikey, if the racing is good we can see it for ourselves, you don't need to constantly tell us.

Charlie , are you talking to yourself again ? 😁 I kid of course.

Corporate sponsors love the eyeballs attracted to MPD's which is kinda a big deal.
How the voting process works? Probably leaky at best, but they seem to get it right.

Back
Top Bottom