Nascar Craftsman Truck Series 2023

1670471727900.png

On Wednesday, the organization and its technical alliance partner Kyle Busch Motorsports announced that Danny Stockman will serve as the crew chief for Nick Sanchez’s No. 2 Chevrolet Silverado for the 2023 season.

Stockman, as well as the former No. 18 crew, will lead Sanchez in his first full season of competition in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. The No. 2 team will draw technical and personnel resources from Kyle Busch Motorsports for the 2023 season.

View attachment 66736
On Wednesday, the organization and its technical alliance partner Kyle Busch Motorsports announced that Danny Stockman will serve as the crew chief for Nick Sanchez’s No. 2 Chevrolet Silverado for the 2023 season.

Stockman, as well as the former No. 18 crew, will lead Sanchez in his first full season of competition in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. The No. 2 team will draw technical and personnel resources from Kyle Busch Motorsports for the 2023 season.
The Nick Sanchez story came across my radar at the end of last season . Its one of those kind of
stories that are really rare. He knew he wanted to be a racer from a really early age and his
parents who were not involved with racing basically said "you want to do what?" With his
passion and perseverance , the rest is history and he has earned his opportunities the old
fashion way. So scootch over Deegan, I have another favorte in trucks.

Is ‘pivoting’ the same as ‘cutting back (due to lack of sponsors)’?
Uh yeah. No help from Toyota probably. Years back when Moffit won the Championship, Toyota finally gave Hattori one of their factory motors for the playoff races. That was back when KBM was running 4 trucks. I have never been able to figure out why Toyota didn't come to the party with this underfunded team. Especially this year.

Uh yeah. No help from Toyota probably. Years back when Moffit won the Championship, Toyota finally gave Hattori one of their factory motors for the playoff races. That was back when KBM was running 4 trucks. I have never been able to figure out why Toyota didn't come to the party with this underfunded team. Especially this year.

Well that's not exactly how it happened. They had the Toyota engines until late in playoff then switched to the Ilmor for the remainder of the season.......

Thanks, for the correction. I knew Toyota had bought Hattori an engine and that Toyota was raising hell about the spec engine. I didn't know Hattori with Wilson's blessing was running a yota motor when they were supposed to be running the NT-1. Nascar asleep at the switch once again.

Having Hattori run a Gibbs motor, even if it were mostly due to budgetary reasons, was a point of pride for Wilson and Toyota. The manufacturer provided the funding for Hattori to purchase the NT1 spec engine it used at Texas.

Trucks at daytona is a wreckfest. I hope Im wrong this year

Matt Crafton

The Truck Series regular had his strongest modified showing of 2023 by a country mile at Volusia Monday night, finishing second in the third feature after running in the top five all race long.

I'm almost rooting for KDB to win a few truck races so he doesn't shut KBM down at the end of the season.
Looks like he hit a pretty good lick for his stuff with a multi year sponsor. I don't know about the rest of it. He must see something in his driver stable that I don't see.

Back
Top Bottom