NASCAR Enhanced Format Overview - Stages explained

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Saw this over on the mrn.com website. Probably the best explanation of the Stage Format that I've seen to date.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

AC513FC2A54F462CB358867CA0F4E691.ashx

B309B2D39C454D6D8F5ED424543117F9.ashx

F86CADC931E549F3996BED89B13E0FEC.ashx

C5F10E340DEA4FF5A760DDECB53CCDA2.ashx

31B2BA3C9270409796B9DA69C3866773.ashx

http://www.mrn.com/Vanity-Pages/NASCAR-Enhanced-Race-Format.aspx

Thanks DP. While most of us that follow the series have gotten the gist by now (hopefully,) I still tremble at the thought of explaining this intricate system to a newbie.

rube-goldberg.jpg

The NHL regular season is drawing to a close and there are still some interesting battles going on in the eastern conference as to who will make the dance and what the seedings will be. I can explain the NHL playoffs succinctly.

There are 8 teams from each conference that make the playoffs. The top 3 in each division earn a spot plus 2 wildcards are available that go to the next 2 teams with the highest point totals.

Each team plays 82 games and a win earns a team 2 points, an overtime or shootout loss nets the team 1 point and regulation loss earns 0 points.

Doesn't matter is it's complicated, their programmed response is "Well fortunately for you we have people keeping track of it for you!"

Who saw that coming...

The NHL regular season is drawing to a close and there are still some interesting battles going on in the eastern conference as to who will make the dance and what the seedings will be. I can explain the NHL playoffs succinctly.

There are 8 teams from each conference that make the playoffs. The top 3 in each division earn a spot plus 2 wildcards are available that go to the next 2 teams with the highest point totals.

Each team plays 82 games and a win earns a team 2 points, an overtime or shootout loss nets the team 1 point and regulation loss earns 0 points.
Much more complicated than the one we used to have in NASCAR.

Most points = Champion.

Much more complicated than the one we used to have in NASCAR.

Most points = Champion.

The old way was super easy for me and maybe it is just my age catching up with me with this new method but it seems to have been overthought.

If the format still have to be explained 2 months after the season opener, its too complex for its own good.

Keep it simple stupid.

I was able to figure it out the day they announced the new format. It's not any more difficult than the pre 2011 format.

Back
Top Bottom