NASCAR layoffs

My neighbor has been at isc for over 20 years and is 2 years from retirement and she’s getting worried. Her and my 2 friends that work there have said it’s a boy’s club now. When Bill jr was there it was a family working together.

My neighbor has been at isc for over 20 years and is 2 years from retirement and she’s getting worried. Her and my 2 friends that work there have said it’s a boy’s club now. When Bill jr was there it was a family working together.

Yikes

They merged ARCA into Nascar and now people are saying the ISC merger has been approved also. :idunno: There has to be some redundancy there I would think. Stern says 1 to 4%. Whatever it is, it isn't good news.

That’s awful.

David Hoots got laid off, I guess they put him out.
Wow.

Sucks for the people who's livelihoods are affected but damn you take add a letter and it spells playoffs. I don't think any long term fan is surprised.

found this

NASCAR laid off roughly 50 employees Friday in a belt-tightening move amid a proposed bid to purchase the International Speedway Corporation, which owns and manages racing venues that host NASCAR races, according to reports.

The number of those let go is less than 5 percent of the company’s workforce. The cuts are said to have hit several departments in the organization's competition and business operations, according to the Daytona Beach Business News-Journal. NASCAR did not say which of its offices were affected.

“A little less than 5 percent of our total workforce was laid off today across our entire company,” a NASCAR official told the publication. “We’re looking to take our remaining resources and focusing them on initiatives we already have in place that require dollars and that will help us grow.”

The Daytona Beach, Fla.-based auto racing organization has offices in Charlotte, N.C., where it employs 300 workers, as well as Los Angeles and New York City, the Charlotte Observer reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nascar-lets-go-of-50-employees-in-round-of-layoffs

found this

NASCAR laid off roughly 50 employees Friday in a belt-tightening move amid a proposed bid to purchase the International Speedway Corporation, which owns and manages racing venues that host NASCAR races, according to reports.

The number of those let go is less than 5 percent of the company’s workforce. The cuts are said to have hit several departments in the organization's competition and business operations, according to the Daytona Beach Business News-Journal. NASCAR did not say which of its offices were affected.

“A little less than 5 percent of our total workforce was laid off today across our entire company,” a NASCAR official told the publication. “We’re looking to take our remaining resources and focusing them on initiatives we already have in place that require dollars and that will help us grow.”

The Daytona Beach, Fla.-based auto racing organization has offices in Charlotte, N.C., where it employs 300 workers, as well as Los Angeles and New York City, the Charlotte Observer reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nascar-lets-go-of-50-employees-in-round-of-layoffs

Almost every Company gets top heavy and needs trimming at some time.
We (I) have noticed people being added with nice titles and I believe it actually makes things more confusing when to many people have a say in things. Money saved means executives should be cut and get more work from those still employed.

Big Bill was the only boss and everyone did what he said or left when Nascar was growing.
You just need one smart man at the top (Who actually works) with good employees.

We (I) have noticed people being added with nice titles and I believe it actually makes things more confusing when to many people have a say in things. Money saved means executives should be cut and get more work from those still employed.

Big Bill was the only boss and everyone did what he said or left when Nascar was growing.
You just need one smart man at the top (Who actually works) with good employees.

omg, I actually agree with you :eek:

Can we get this extended to some of the TV announcers? There is a lot of redundancy there...and you got to love people that write press releases. They could make cow patties smell like lilacs.

speaking of one DeWar, he was shuffled off to parts unknown after Brian was busted. I wonder how many of Brian's hires were affected.

Back
Top Bottom