NASCAR license plates?

A

abooja

Don't see what the big deal is, when you can pay to have "ASSMAN" on your license plate. :rolleyes:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/3993319.htm

Posted on Tue, Sep. 03, 2002

N.C. House considers NASCAR license plates
Associated Press

NASCAR racing fans could buy N.C. license plates showing their support for Jeff Gordon, Ricky Rudd or another driving hero under legislation facing roadblocks in the state House.

Under the bill, motorists wanting to display their fan loyalty could pay $35 a year to the state to get a license plate bearing their favorite NASCAR driver's team logo or number. The fee is in addition to the $20 required to get license plates or renewals.

But a subcommittee scheduled to meet again next week is struggling with a proposal for royalties from the plates to be paid to NASCAR and drivers for using their logos on the plates. Some say that would set a precedent of paying businesses for logos used on state plates. Lawmakers also are debating whether to keep the state requirement that there be at least 300 motorists committed to buying a specialty plate before prison inmates could start pressing them.

I believe we have something like that Here in NY. Ive been coming across these plates more and more. I dont see a reason why I'll pay extra for just a plate, I'll just stick a #9 somewhere else on my car...

We do? Wow! I guess they aren't as popular in NYC as they are in the rest of our fine state.

I get a little thrill every time I see a NASCAR bumper sticker around here. Saw a Jr. sticker on a pickup truck just the other day, in fact! But no plates... :headshake

Originally posted by abooja
We do? Wow! I guess they aren't as popular in NYC as they are in the rest of our fine state.  

I get a little thrill every time I see a NASCAR bumper sticker around here. Saw a Jr. sticker on a pickup truck just the other day, in fact! But no plates... :headshake

Its always fun to go on a road trip and keep track of all the driver stickers on cars and trucks during your route. See who wins, usually its Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr.

WHAAAAAAT boo, you wouldn't pay a little more for a JR plate??

Please go start soaking those beans for me, OK? PURRRRRRRRRRRR

Kat, I don't think I'd ever get Junior plates. Maybe one tasteful, carefully placed sticker, but no plates. :headshake

Soak the beans, huh? I was figuring on using canned...but I should do it the real way for a change.
I'd better start soon, since the race is Saturday night. Woo hoo!!!! :leap:

Well, I feel kinda silly, but I have alumni plates on my car from my college.... But when you have the same car as everyone else in the universe, I guess it's easier to find in the grocery store parking lot :eek:

I have California plates on my truck. I display them proudly.......those suckers cost me almost 500 bucks not counting all the smog crap I had to put back on it when I licensed it here in 98!! Total cost: Almost 2 grand.......since the state is so damned proud of those plates, I guess I am too!!:(

Nothing wrong with college plates, HH. :) Wish I had a car to put some on. Wish I had a better school to brag about too... :rolleyes:

Budweiser plates, though? Hmmm...might look kinda weird on the black SAAB 900 turbo I plan on getting whenever I get around to leaving this place... :D

You're right Abooja, Bud plates might be kinda bad, didn't think about the sponsor thing. Interstate Batteries might get me a hitch from a trucker come midnight if I'm stuck somewhere :)

Hell, I'd pay $34.50 just to see a Todd Bodine license plate anywhere in the country, let alone NYC. Only in NY, I guess... :huh:

BTW, these plates are butt...with or without Todd Bodine! :headshake

I dont like the Idea....stick with the original state plate...and decorate your CAR any way you want too.

Hell, I'd pay $34.50 just to see a Todd Bodine license plate anywhere in the country, let alone NYC. Only in NY, I guess... :huh:

lol abooja, I like how they cant even get his current number. Looks like these plates were made before Kmart...

Nice looking plate Abooja..............wouldn't mind having a Jeff Gordon plate........wonder if they have them here?????:D

I can see a potential problem. What about when your driver switches numbers or just paint schemes again. I have some Jeff Gordon stuff with the old paint scheme that doesn't do much good anymore. If it doesn't have flames, now it doesn't fit.

Back
Top Bottom