NASCAR March Madness

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
It is March Madness and in the madness that is my daily existence I decided to come up with a 64 driver NASCAR bracket.

Seed were set in the following way. 1-9 seeds are the 36 charter Cup teams. They are seeded with the final 4 from 2022 getting 1 seeds. Followed by drivers with multiple wins in 2022, drivers with a single win in 2022, drivers with a win in their Cup career, and drivers with no Cup wins. (For sake of ease JJ Yeley was counted by me as the full time driver of the RWR 15). Seeds 10-13 are made up of the Xfinity and Truck drivers with wins last year who are not in Cup full time. They are ranked by what I felt was strength of season. 14-16 seeds are the highest finishing Xfinity and truck drivers without a win, again ranked by my opinion of season strength.

With Cup teams getting top bids it opens up chances for upset picks, for example McLeod may be a 9 seed but an Xfinity guy could take him down.

The way in my mind this plays out is picture it as a head to head 3 lap race. Rolling start on a track with no preferred lane. This means a drivers aggression and willingness to push it comes into play. Consider them to be in equal cars as well.

I'll try to make one that isn't my terrible writing later
20230314_111107.jpg

How I filled it out ended with Chastain beating Harvick
20230314_121847.jpg

you know this is 2023 and everyone should get a trophy so know one gets there feeling hurt. right?:owquitit:

Back
Top Bottom