NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Homestead

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
~ Pick'Em Used List - Phoenix #2.jpg

Deadline for this week's pick is Friday, November 17th, noon Eastern time.

Last chance to hit a homer boys and girls.

I picked Larson so it's probably going to be a deeeep, hiiiiiigh pop-fly caught at the wall in the deepest part of the field.
Hope he breaks out of his slump. 4 finishes of 35th or worse in the last 4 races. His blown engine gave me a last place finish last week.

I've got Truex btw, but I really hope BK hits on something this week and pulls it off. Hey, he's got two 3rd's and a 6th at Homestead. He can definitely win it despite being the underdog. Harvick has the best record there though.

"And just like that, the field of championship contenders has been reduced from four to two."

No, that's not a prediction of something Jeff Burton might say if two of the contenders for the championship of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series wreck early in Sunday's race at Homestead.

Instead, it's the latest update regarding the number of contenders left for the championship of the 2017 NASCAR Pick 'Em game following this week's pick of drivers for the final race of the season.

It turns out that Kevin Harvick was picked by all three of the players that still had a mathematical chance of catching our long-time game leader, @Michfan, who picked Michael McDowell. Consequently, besides @Michfan, only @Snappy D (currently in second place, 20 points behind) has a chance of becoming this year's game champion.

For @Michfan to win it all out-right, McDowell must finish no less than 19 positions behind Harvick. (for example, if Harvick wins, McDowell must finish 20th or better.)

For @Snappy D to catch and pass @Michfan, Harvick must finish at least 21 positions ahead of McDowell. (if Harvick wins, McDowell must finish 22nd or worse.)

If Harvick finishes exactly 20 positions ahead of McDowell (if Harvick wins and McDowell finishes 21st), @Michfan and @Snappy D will finish in a points tie and the "tie breaker" picks will determine the game's championship.

Good luck fellers . . .

~ Pick'Em Picks - Homestead.jpg

I really thought that the other four Harvick picks would of been at Phoenix or I would've used him there.

See , I was wanting Harvick to win, but now I want him to crash a burn early
to help me in this game. Its all very confusing. I have my Chastain entry budgeted
for a top 30, but really hope he just beats any start and parks.

I will admit one thing, it does making watching the races a little more fun playing this game.
Thanks PJMolo. Good luck next year. I'll be just watching and see what strategies will come forth.
I really thought the sandbaggers would have flown by to the top. That Larson crash at (I think)
Texas ended a lot of dreams.

Well my Harvick pick went better than expected so far, wow so its down to just me and Michfan. Crazy stuff.

Oh well, looks like the Chastain entry has been scratched. Just as well. Put me down for the 41or 40 points.
Now I can go back to rooting for the 4 and the 24 with no worries.

Oh well, looks like the Chastain entry has been scratched. Just as well. Put me down for the 41or 40 points.
Now I can go back to rooting for the 4 and the 24 with no worries.

Your season is ending a lot like Larson's lol

I knew it was over when I picked Harvick.
But even while not eliminated prior to12 noon today, there was no way I could win.
I had a choice of Harvick or Cory Lajoie If I took Lajoie hoping that Harvick DNFd, and allowed me to make up ground on Snappy, there was still no way I was going to make up enough points on Michfan with Lajoie.

I knew it was over when I picked Harvick.
But even while not eliminated prior to12 noon today, there was no way I could win.
I had a choice of Harvick or Cory Lajoie If I took Lajoie hoping that Harvick DNFd, and allowed me to make up ground on Snappy, there was still no way I was going to make up enough points on Michfan with Lajoie.

Actually, @Greg had a chance, unlikely as it was, of winning the game's championship. It went like this:

40 cars needed to be entered in the final race of the year at Homestead.

@Snappy D picks Kevin Harvick, as expected.

@Greg picks one of his remaining drivers (with the exception of Harvick), such as Corey LaJoie.

@Michfan is the victim of an alien abduction, fails to get his pick in on time, and gets 41 points for the Homestead race.

LaJoie wins the race and Harvick limps to the finish line in 21st place.

With all of that happening, the top four final points tally would have looked like this:

~Untitled.jpg

Damn, if everything didn't go south for @Greg when Ross Chastain, driver of the #7 car, turned out to be the victim of the alien abduction, thereby reducing the number of entered cars to 39 and totally eliminating any chance @Greg had of winning the thing.
:owquitit:

The Homestead picks, and the current up-to-date standings prior to the Homestead race, are as follows:

~Untitled.jpg

So, for those paying attention and able to absorb the data :owquitit:, the scenario's involving the determination of the game's champion were brought up in a previous post. It's down to either @Michfan of @Snappy D.

The top five is pretty well settled with the exception of @DUN24 being able to bump @2 Sweet for the fifth spot if Kyle Larson finishes at least 34 positions ahead of Kyle Busch.

good luck wit dat . . .

Following the failure of @wilson89 to make a pick and @Hotrod picking a driver who won't start the race, who'll end up in the top ten is a little more complicated as those currently in 8th through 13th place picked either Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Busch, or Kevin Harvick.

Consequently, it appears that there are at least four players not currently in the top ten (including @wilson89) with a chance to make it to the head table at the award's banquet.

The Homestead picks, and the current up-to-date standings prior to the Homestead race, are as follows:

View attachment 30404

So, for those paying attention and able to absorb the data :owquitit:, the scenario's involving the determination of the game's champion were brought up in a previous post. It's down to either @Michfan of @Snappy D.

The top five is pretty well settled with the exception of @DUN24 being able to bump @2 Sweet for the fifth spot if Kyle Larson finishes at least 34 positions ahead of Kyle Busch.

good luck wit dat . . .

Following the failure of @wilson89 to make a pick and @Hotrod picking a driver who won't start the race, who'll end up in the top ten is a little more complicated as those currently in 8th through 13th place picked either Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Busch, or Kevin Harvick.

Consequently, it appears that there are at least four players not currently in the top ten (including @wilson89) with a chance to make it to the head table at the award's banquet.
We're having an awards banquet? Put me down for prime rib!

Well, who woulda thunk it.

After 36 races, @Snappy D and @Michfan ended the season in a dead heat in total points, thereby causing the need to make reference to the game's official rules, as follows, to determine game's season champion.

"The game's champion will be determined by the player with the lowest amount of points after the 36th and final points race. In the event of a season points tie among the game's players, the game's champion will be awarded to the player with the most "1st place" picks, then the most "2nd place" picks, etc. until a champion is decided."

Although both players had three first place picks over the course of the season, @Snappy D had one second place pick while @Michfan had none.

Consequently . . .

CONGRAT'S TO CHAMPION OF THE 2017 NASCAR PICK 'EM GAME, @Snappy D !!!

It was a great time running the game this year, fellers, as I had a lot of fun doing it.

Hope to see you all back playing again next year.

~ Pick'Em Standings - Homestead.jpg

~ Pick'Em Picks to Date - Homestead.jpg

Well, who woulda thunk it.

After 36 races, @Snappy D and @Michfan ended the season in a dead heat in total points, thereby causing the need to make reference to the game's official rules, as follows, to determine game's season champion.

"The game's champion will be determined by the player with the lowest amount of points after the 36th and final points race. In the event of a season points tie among the game's players, the game's champion will be awarded to the player with the most "1st place" picks, then the most "2nd place" picks, etc. until a champion is decided."

Although both players had three first place picks over the course of the season, @Snappy D had one second place pick while @Michfan had none.

Consequently . . .

CONGRAT'S TO CHAMPION OF THE 2017 NASCAR PICK 'EM GAME, @Snappy D !!!

It was a great time running the game this year, fellers, as I had a lot of fun doing it.

Hope to see you all back playing again next year.

View attachment 30419

View attachment 30420
Boy was that close. Pretty cool to win my first time out playing, what a fun time. Now that I have two of my favorite drivers in retirement this filled that void a bit, I had a new favorite driver each race. Thanks for doing the game Molo, what a great job you did. Hopefully this one is the first of many.
CD44FAC4-900C-405A-8AAB-A3828522234C.jpeg

Wow - photo finish ! Congrats Snap . Don't know what you will
do with the winners purse but have fun :).

Managed to slither into the top 10 and stay there ... 1 point ahead of The Gator. 3 months worth of mini bragging rights.

What a great game and what a tremendous commissioner we’ve been blessed with. I plan to let Rick Allen know about THE ADVERSITY our guy was able to overcome.

Congratulations to Snappy and the Youper. Great racing.

Managed to slither into the top 10 and stay there ... 1 point ahead of The Gator. 3 months worth of mini bragging rights.

What a great game and what a tremendous commissioner we’ve been blessed with. I plan to let Rick Allen know about THE ADVERSITY our guy was able to overcome.

Congratulations to Snappy and the Youper. Great racing.
I had a rough year. I get a win(1st one in pickem) and not so much as a shout out or congrats, lol.

Back
Top Bottom