NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Kansas #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
~ Pick'Em Used List - Talladega #2.jpg

~ Pick'Em Picks to Date - Talladega #2.jpg

Deadline for this week's pick is Friday, October 20th, noon Eastern time.

The picks for the Kansas race are in and are as follows:

~ Pick'Em Picks - Kansas #2.jpg

I've added several columns to indicate the number of "A list" and "B list" drivers that each player has left to use after Sunday's race.

However, it seems to me that regardless of how many quality picks a player may have left, the game's champion will be determined by how well those picks are played . . . . . or not. ;)

View attachment 29822

I've added several columns to indicate the number of "A list" and "B list" drivers that each player has left to use after Sunday's race.

However, it seems to me that regardless of how many quality picks a player may have left, the game's champion will be determined by how well those picks are played . . . . . or not. ;)

Hey @pjmolo looks like the points are maybe missing last weeks numbers???

View attachment 29822

Havent checked the B drivers list yet, but it looks like everyone in the top 4 has 1 B driver left which leads me to believe... everyone is waiting to use Larson at Miami arnt they??

Hey @pjmolo looks like the points are maybe missing last weeks numbers???

And so they are. Nice catch.

Looks like I skipped a step or two after copying last weeks standings while creating the list showing this week's picks.

Goes to show ya that you just can't get good help anymore. :confused:

This one should be all good . . .

~ Pick'Em Picks - Kansas #2.jpg

Havent checked the B drivers list yet, but it looks like everyone in the top 4 has 1 B driver left which leads me to believe... everyone is waiting to use Larson at Miami arnt they??

Among the "A list" and "B list" drivers, Kyle Larson is easily the driver that has been used the fewest times to date.

Be interesting to see how these last few races play out.

At season’s end, when my slide to the basement is complete, I will be compiling a list of racecar drivers I hate.

It will be extensive.

Like the Grinch ," Hate,hate... hatehatehate..... LOATHE....."

At least it will be a start on your choice making guide for next year :).

Well, it would appear that the "pjmolo jinx" remains in effect as only a week after a whole bunch of praise was heaped upon @Fordracing7, his pick this week (Jamie McMurray) was taken out in a wreck that was certainly not of his own doing.

As a result of the wreck, McMurray finished in 34th place and was eliminated as a contender for the Cup championship while @Fordracing7 dropped three positions in the game's standings to 14th place, thereby putting a big hurt on his chances of catching the game's leader.

Meanwhile, congrats to @Greg who picked race winner Martin Truex Jr., moved to third place in the standings (two points behind second place @Snappy D), and pulled to within 17 points of the game's leader, @Michfan.

Since @Michfan picked race winner Kyle Larson at Michigan in the 23rd race of the season back in August, @Snappy D, @Greg, and @2 Sweet have steadily chipped away at his lead in the standings (now at 21 consecutive weeks) to the point that any one them could rise to the top of the leader board after next week's race at Martinsville.

Also to be considered as a serious contender for the game's championship is @jpell15 who, at 53 points behind the game's leader, still has four "A list" drivers to choose from in the four remaining races.

As some knucklehead was known to utter now and again . . .

"Let's go racing, boys !!!"

~ Pick'Em Standings - Kansas #2.jpg

Well, it would appear that the "pjmolo jinx" remains in effect as only a week after a whole bunch of praise was heaped upon @Fordracing7, his pick this week (Jamie McMurray) was taken out in a wreck that was certainly not of his own doing.

As a result of the wreck, McMurray finished in 34th place and was eliminated as a contender for the Cup championship while @Fordracing7 dropped three positions in the game's standings to 14th place, thereby putting a big hurt on his chances of catching the game's leader.

Meanwhile, congrats to @Greg who picked race winner Martin Truex Jr., moved to third place in the standings (two points behind second place @Snappy D), and pulled to within 17 points of the game's leader, @Michfan.

Since @Michfan picked race winner Kyle Larson at Michigan in the 23rd race of the season back in August, @Snappy D, @Greg, and @2 Sweet have steadily chipped away at his lead in the standings (now at 21 consecutive weeks) to the point that any one them could rise to the top of the leader board after next week's race at Martinsville.

Also to be considered as a serious contender for the game's championship is @jpell15 who, at 53 points behind the game's leader, still has four "A list" drivers to choose from in the four remaining races.

As some knucklehead was known to utter now and again . . .

"Let's go racing, boys !!!"

View attachment 29869
So close to that points lead.

Kenseth's 7th crew member needs an ass whoopin. Stay behind the pit wall ya dummy ya cost me a ton of points. If something weird happened to a driver this year it's a good bet that I had picked them for the Pick'em game. :mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom