NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Kentucky

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
~ Pick'Em Picks to Date - color.jpg

Deadline for this week's pick is Friday, July 7th, noon Eastern time.

Is there any question that you use Kez right now? 6 races at Kentucky and 3 Kez wins.

Maybe it's the mid-week holiday that's caused the week to go by in a flash but, with the pick deadline a little more than a day away, 12 of the 23 players have yet to make a pick for the Saturday night race at Kentucky. o_O

Maybe it's the mid-week holiday that's caused the week to go by in a flash but, with the pick deadline a little more than a day away, 12 of the 23 players have yet to make a pick for the Saturday night race at Kentucky. o_O
This made me check my PM's to make sure that I picked mine. :D

As the saying goes, snooze, you lose.

Two players (@RacerrecaR and @DanicaFreak) failed to make a pick this week and another player (@francibastiglia) picked a driver (Danica Patrick) that had previously been used for the Kansas race.

Kentucky is the 18th race of the year and marks the halfway point in the season. Still a lot of time for those that have done well to screw up and time for those who haven't done so well to make up some ground.

However, as those pushing lottery tickets like to say, you have to play to win. ;)

~ NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Kentucky Picks.jpg

A decent thing for some those folks AHEAD of me to do would be to screw up…………………...

Lately I'm being screwed by time zones, luck and my bad memory .... And having to study for an exam at uni is not helping either. :(

Where to begin following a race that saw every player except one (the Leader) with movement in the standings.

Let's start out by giving kudos to @Fordracing7 who for the first time this year picked a driver (6th place finishing Erik Jones) that finished the race in the top ten. On top of that, @Fordracing7 moved out of the cellar after occupying that position for the last 11 weeks.

Watch out fellers, he's making his move . . . :dirtbike:

Congrats to the six players who picked the 5th place finisher, Kyle Busch. @R Clarence and @AdoubleU24 each moved up 3 spots in the standings as a result of picking Busch while others who picked Schrub also benefited..

Meanwhile, the five players that took Brad Keselowski got hosed big time, especially @FLRacingFan (dropped 4 spots) and @wilson89 (dropped 5 spots).

Two players have made considerable upward movement in the standings in recent weeks as @jpell15 has jumped 8 spots (from 15th to 7th) in the last three weeks.

And over the last four weeks, @2 Sweet has also jumped 8 spots (from 11th to 3rd).

The bad news for those two is that in spite of their considerable movement in the standings, @jpell15 has gained only 3 points on the Leader while @2 Sweet hasn't gained any points at all.

So the question half way through the season would appear to be this:

Has anyone got anything for the Leader (aka @Michfan), who now has a commanding, season-high, 56 point lead.

~ Pick'Em Standings.jpg

Hell of a summary. I'm creeping up slowly as well

Indeed, @DUN24 has moved up four spots (15th to 11th) in the last two weeks.

To those that seem to have a problem with getting a timely pick in, the remedy would appear to be relatively simple:

As all picks typically need to be in before any practice or qualifying takes place, get it over with already and . . . . . . . . . PICK EARLY

Back
Top Bottom