NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - New Hampshire #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
~ Pick'Em Used List - Chicagoland.jpg

Picks for the race should be submitted to me via Private Message.
Thanks again to @aunty dive for keeping the game alive during my absence. :cheers:

Glad to have you back:punkrocke

We have ourselves an old fashioned championship battle. Greg is looking pretty good there.

omgs....pj yes! return of the graph!

so glad u r back and ok bud, the work you put into this game...WOW

Deadline for this week's pick is Friday, September 22nd, noon Eastern time.

I got ol' no-face at Kansas. Menard runs decent at the flat tracks. I've been dreading using him, but I've got to. He ran pretty good at Chicago.

Thought you might be interested in what the standings were after Chicagoland last year.

Note that because the board was down for three weeks last year, the points totals for 2016 after Chicagoland are for three fewer races than the points totals for 2017 after Chicagoland.

~ Pick'Em 2016 after Chicagoland.jpg

I h8 being reminded im a back marker

lolz...

So,...I hate to root for Matt K to blow up on the first lap and DH to win

Youse guys that see how little of an improvement you've made from last year should take note of who was in last place at this time last year.

This year he's in serious contention for the championship so, yes, it can be done . . .

Youse guys that see how little of an improvement you've made from last year should take note of who was in last place at this time last year.

This year he's in serious contention for the championship so, yes, it can be done . . .
2 missed picks dont help

Eh I'm doing about the same by the time you factor in the missed races. Just more people doing better this year

Thought you might be interested in what the standings were after Chicagoland last year.
Damn look who was in the lead. :D

It can also work the other way. Look where I'm at this year. :p

Note that because the board was down for three weeks last year, the points totals for 2016 after Chicagoland are for three fewer races than the points totals for 2017 after Chicagoland.

View attachment 29382
I think I had TWO no picks last year. Anyways, the site was down and I got screwed. Still finished in 3rd. I got reamed because the site was down.

Eh I'm doing about the same by the time you factor in the missed races. Just more people doing better this year.

I did a quick numbers crunch and it turns out you're absolutely right.

Because the board was down for three early races last year, the 2016 post-Chicagoland point totals are based upon 24 races, as opposed to 27 races for 2017.

In 2016, game leader @Johali had 389 points after Chicagoland for an average of about 16.2 points per race.

That points per race average would land him in fourth place in the 2017 standings.

I think I've fallen to about 7th.

The New Hampshire race resulted in some tightening up of the standings but certainly didn't keep @Michfan from maintaining the lead for what has to be a record 17 consecutive races.

Congrats to @jpell15 who picked race winner Kyle Busch. He joins the ranks of players who have picked two race winners this year. Not surprisingly, @Michfan is the only player to have picked three race winners.

With eight races remaining, four players are within less than 100 points of the lead and all of them have a sizable number of decent drivers left to use.

@UpNorth appears to have lost interest in the game as it's now been three consecutive weeks that's he's failed to make a pick.

I encourage all of the remaining players to keep playing until Homestead so as to fight for the best possible finishing position.

I mean, you've come this far, why quit now ?

~ Pick'Em Standings - New Hampshire #2.jpg

Last edited:
Whew, survived having to use Danica, I’ll take an 18th and move on to Dover.

Back
Top Bottom