NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Official Rules Update

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
In keeping with the "make it up as you go along" practice of NASCAR, a mid-season change in the Official Rules of the game has been implemented by upper management.

Previously, based upon the assumption that 40 drivers would start each race, if a player failed to make a pick, picked a driver that did not start the race, or picked a driver that was previously used, that player was automatically awarded 41 points.

Due to the fact that there have been less that 40 drivers to start numerous races this season, the rules have been changed so that any player that fails to make a pick will now be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started that race, plus one. (See Rule #10)

On the top of that, this rule has been retroactively applied to the entire 2017 season.

Therefore, the total points of the three players (@DanicaFreak, @SlicedBread22, and @francibastiglia) who failed to make pick in a race with less than 40 drivers have been updated to reflect the change in the rules.

These changes will be reflected in the next posting of the points standings.

Any complaints regarding this change in the rules should be directed to Brian France.

Official Rules

1 - Each week, each player picks a driver for that week's race.

2 - Picks must be made by the Friday before race day, noon Eastern time, via private message to me (pjmolo). An initial pick may be changed provided the change is made prior to that week's deadline.

3 - The title of the private message should read "NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017." The message should read, "Name of Race Location - Driver Pick." Following confirmation of the pick, a player's subsequent picks should be made using the same conversation.

4 - After the noon Friday deadline, players' picks are official and will be made public by way of a post to the board prior to the beginning of that week's race.

5 - After a player picks a driver, that player cannot pick that same driver again for the remainder of the season.

6 - A player will be dropped from the game following his failure to make a pick (NO PICK) for four races.

7 - If a player picks a driver that does not start the race or picks a driver that was previously used, it will not count as a "NO PICK."

8- Only the 36 points paying races are included in the game, meaning races such the Clash, the Daytona Duels, the Showdown, and the All-Star Race are not included.

9 - For each race, players will be awarded the number of points equal to the finishing position of their pick for that race.

10 - If a player does not make a pick, picks a driver that does not start the race, or picks a driver that was previously used, the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started that race, plus one.

11 - The awarding of points will be based upon NASCAR's official race results. Any attempt to initiate a "Chase" points reset at any point during the season will cause the game to self-destruct immediately.

12 - The game champion will be determined by the player with the lowest amount of points after the 36th and final points race. In the event of a season points tie, the game champion will be awarded to the player with the most "1st place" picks, then the most "2nd place" picks, etc. until a champion is decided.

13 - There is no restriction as to the number of players allowed to participate in the game. Because there is no restriction as to the number of players, there is no need to officially register. Simply make a pick each week to be included.

14 - Keeping in mind that a player will be dropped from the game after making a "NO PICK" for four races, the deadline to begin participating in the game has been established as the fourth race of the season. Any player that doesn't make a pick until the fourth race will be awarded points as specified by Rule #10 for the first three races and will be dropped from the game if another "NO PICK" is made during the remainder of the season.

In keeping with the "make it up as you go along" practice of NASCAR, a mid-season change in the Official Rules of the game has been implemented by upper management.

Previously, based upon the assumption that 40 drivers would start each race, if a player failed to make a pick, picked a driver that did not start the race, or picked a driver that was previously used, that player was automatically awarded 41 points.

Due to the fact that there have been less that 40 drivers to start numerous races this season, the rules have been changed so that any player that fails to make a pick will now be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started that race, plus one. (See Rule #10)

On the top of that, this rule has been retroactively applied to the entire 2017 season.

Therefore, the total points of the three players (@DanicaFreak, @SlicedBread22, and @francibastiglia) who failed to make pick in a race with less than 40 drivers have been updated to reflect the change in the rules.

These changes will be reflected in the next posting of the points standings.

Any complaints regarding this change in the rules should be directed to Brian France.

Official Rules

1 - Each week, each player picks a driver for that week's race.

2 - Picks must be made by the Friday before race day, noon Eastern time, via private message to me (pjmolo). An initial pick may be changed provided the change is made prior to that week's deadline.

3 - The title of the private message should read "NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017." The message should read, "Name of Race Location - Driver Pick." Following confirmation of the pick, a player's subsequent picks should be made using the same conversation.

4 - After the noon Friday deadline, players' picks are official and will be made public by way of a post to the board prior to the beginning of that week's race.

5 - After a player picks a driver, that player cannot pick that same driver again for the remainder of the season.

6 - A player will be dropped from the game following his failure to make a pick (NO PICK) for four races.

7 - If a player picks a driver that does not start the race or picks a driver that was previously used, it will not count as a "NO PICK."

8- Only the 36 points paying races are included in the game, meaning races such the Clash, the Daytona Duels, the Showdown, and the All-Star Race are not included.

9 - For each race, players will be awarded the number of points equal to the finishing position of their pick for that race.

10 - If a player does not make a pick, picks a driver that does not start the race, or picks a driver that was previously used, the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started that race, plus one.

11 - The awarding of points will be based upon NASCAR's official race results. Any attempt to initiate a "Chase" points reset at any point during the season will cause the game to self-destruct immediately.

12 - The game champion will be determined by the player with the lowest amount of points after the 36th and final points race. In the event of a season points tie, the game champion will be awarded to the player with the most "1st place" picks, then the most "2nd place" picks, etc. until a champion is decided.

13 - There is no restriction as to the number of players allowed to participate in the game. Because there is no restriction as to the number of players, there is no need to officially register. Simply make a pick each week to be included.

14 - Keeping in mind that a player will be dropped from the game after making a "NO PICK" for four races, the deadline to begin participating in the game has been established as the fourth race of the season. Any player that doesn't make a pick until the fourth race will be awarded points as specified by Rule #10 for the first three races and will be dropped from the game if another "NO PICK" is made during the remainder of the season.
I like it. Changing race rules means changing game rules. :D

I ike it and I dont know if you are open to suggestions or not but I've seen you've had to turn a few new comers away until next season which I understand. But if a field isn't full I think allowing a newcomer even if it is just for a week could make things interesting. Now I also know that anyone new would have all the drivers available but you could fix that by making the most picked driver of everyweek unavailable to new players. Just a suggestion, you can take it or leave it.

I ike it and I dont know if you are open to suggestions or not but I've seen you've had to turn a few new comers away until next season which I understand. But if a field isn't full I think allowing a newcomer even if it is just for a week could make things interesting. Now I also know that anyone new would have all the drivers available but you could fix that by making the most picked driver of everyweek unavailable to new players. Just a suggestion, you can take it or leave it.
Leave it. My opinion.

Would be pointless in the sense that the newcommers wouldnt stand a chance at catching up.

No

What if the new guy picks the most popular guy? Molo isn't even going to know until Friday, then that guy is going to have to change his pick. He would also have the advantage of changing his pick after cars have been on the track

Thanks for the suggestion but the existing rules are etched in stone . . . . at least until I decide to change 'em. :D

Does that mean I've done better or worse? Lol

Because the race that you didn't make a pick (Bristol) only had 39 starters, you have now been awarded 40 points for that race instead of 41. Consequently, you've had one whole point deducted from your season total, which means you've officially now done more better. o_O

Because the race that you didn't make a pick (Bristol) only had 39 starters, you have now been awarded 40 points for that race instead of 41. Consequently, you've had one whole point deducted from your season total, which means you've officially now done more better. o_O
:D:D

:headbang:

Back
Top Bottom