NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Watkins Glen

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
~ Pick'Em Picks to Date - color.jpg

No way @Michfan doesn't win this thing his 6 garbage picks have all finished 26th or better so far

Still a loooonngg way to go. And some of these guys have a lot of green left or have resisted using Larson and Truex. One thing for sure is this game is really hard.

Deadline for this week's pick is Friday, August 4th, noon Eastern time.

Deadline for this week's pick is Friday, August 4th, noon Eastern time.

That woke my eyes up. If anybody clicks on this thread and don't get the message shame on'em. :D

That list of this week's picks that I dropped through the mailbox at @aunty dive's house earlier this morning was incomplete.

The complete list, with a record breaking 10 players picking the same driver (Allmendinger), is as follows:

~ NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Watkins Glen Picks.jpg

That list of this week's picks that I dropped through the mailbox at @aunty dive's house earlier this morning was incomplete.

The complete list, with a record breaking 10 players picking the same driver (Allmendinger), is as follows:

View attachment 28594
I used him because I didn't know where else to put him and also if he wins at least I'm not losing points.
I'm really surprised that @DanicaFreak was the only one to use kybu.

Like that Logano pick from @LewTheShoe , almost did it myself. He's going to win here soon to get in the question is where.

A record breaking 10 players picking the same driver (Allmendinger)....
"So you're telling me there's a chance?"
Cole Trickle.jpg

With all the Allmendinger picks, and me riding Logano, I'm definitely gonna move. Up? Down? Yes, one of those.

I need Logano to win while A.J. stuffs it in the fence. It's my last chance, but at least it's a chance.

"So you're telling me there's a chance?"
View attachment 28595

With all the Allmendinger picks, and me riding Logano, I'm definitely gonna move. Up? Down? Yes, one of those.

I need Logano to win while A.J. stuffs it in the fence. It's my last chance, but at least it's a chance.

Exactly.

With lead that he has, @Michfan can afford to pick the race favorite.

I've been hanging out with a "Said Head" crowd in preparation for this week's race . . .

Said-heads1.jpg

I was a little shocked at people using AJ at Sonoma. He really doesn't finish that great there. The Glen is a different story.

At this point there are 21 different opinions about how to play this game. You can fret, sweat, pore over the stats, seek spiritual help, throw darts at a board and many other things. But if the picking gods aren't smiling down on you, well you aint gonna win. Luck of the draw is all important and I like it that way. I like saving my better drivers for the end whether I win or lose. It would shickle the tit outa me if I or one of the other sandbaggers took the gold. Just sayin.

I kinda just went with who I felt was good where, trying to maximize value wherever possible. Like Harvick at Phoenix or Chase at Michigan. Then I sprinkled some of the lower category drivers in between. Didn't work out but it was still fun lol. Too much stuff can happen in this sport to have a true strategy.

I have a strategy but it alters. I like picking the top drivers in the end because that's when they typically peak in performance. But no strategy is bulletproof

I kinda just went with who I felt was good where, trying to maximize value wherever possible. Like Harvick at Phoenix or Chase at Michigan. Then I sprinkled some of the lower category drivers in between. Didn't work out but it was still fun lol. Too much stuff can happen in this sport to have a true strategy.
YEP.

I kinda just went with who I felt was good where, trying to maximize value wherever possible. Like Harvick at Phoenix or Chase at Michigan.
Yeah. I saved Brad K for Kentucky (he got 39th), and Kyle Busch for Indy (got 34th). Two good solid picks, two of "them racin' deals." I'll need help to finish in the top 20, LOL.

At this point there are 21 different opinions about how to play this game. You can fret, sweat, pore over the stats, seek spiritual help, throw darts at a board and many other things. But if the picking gods aren't smiling down on you, well you aint gonna win. Luck of the draw is all important and I like it that way. I like saving my better drivers for the end whether I win or lose. It would shickle the tit outa me if I or one of the other sandbaggers took the gold. Just sayin.
I understand completely. I'll never forget the early 2000's and winning about $350 off of a $20 spot. I picked the #60 Power Team Chevy driven by Geoffrey Bodine. Well, Geoff wrecked at the truck race at Daytona that year. Injured like hell. Geoff came back for that Richmond race, Todd got in the car under caution, almost 3 laps down, made up every lap. He only finished 13th, but that was one of the greatest comebacks I've ever seen.

I usually sandbag in this game and haven't had a lot of success doing it. This year I planned to do it again but this season got sent into a tailspin right off the bat. So I just said **** it and went for it, moved up a bunch of spots.. however, now I'm at the 'oh ****' stage with minimal picks for the next 16 or whatever weeks.

I usually sandbag in this game and haven't had a lot of success doing it. This year I planned to do it again but this season got sent into a tailspin right off the bat. So I just said **** it and went for it, moved up a bunch of spots.. however, now I'm at the 'oh sh!t' stage with minimal picks for the next 16 or whatever weeks.
You need to give the picking gods a tribute. I would suggest a couple of Martinsville hot dogs. :D

:jamming::bounce::dual9mm::whoopee::booya::punkrockeOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

"Possibility of rain"

:jamming::bounce::dual9mm::whoopee::booya::punkrockeOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

"Possibility of rain"
If this happens I'm canceling my plans for tomorrow and sitting in front of the tv, I've never seen a NASCAR rain race I don't think.

In the last race write-up I made mention of how . . .
@DUN24 has moved nine spots (from 15th place to 6th) in a span of five weeks while during that time he's gained only two points on the leader in the standings .

So I got to thinkin' how it might be more useful to show movement in points behind the leader instead of just movement in the standings.

Accuracy not guaranteed . . .

~Watkins Glen Picks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom