NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Bristol #1

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, April 13th, noon Eastern time.

Yes ... I know I've posted this before. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Can't make up your mind as to what driver to use at Bristol ?

Maybe a cup of coffee would help . . .

bump coffee.jpg

As has happened seemingly more often than not this year, inclement weather may be the lead story as NASCAR settles in Thunder Valley this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway.

All players in the NASCAR Pick 'Em game have submitted a timely pick, with the over-whelming majority going with a "B list" driver this week.

The most popular driver, selected by six players, is the Ricky Stenhouse Jr. who historically tends to run quite well at Bristol. Trevor Bayne and Matt DiBenedetto were each selected by five players.

Only one player selected an "A list" driver this week which, in looking at picks from a year ago, doesn't appear to be that unusual as none of the players picked an "A list" driver for either of the Bristol races in 2017.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Bristol #1.jpg

Didnt realize how far back I am, The Champ is in trouble ha ha.

This may be the only time I root for a Gibbs guy over a Penske guy.. go figure they tied for the fastest lap in first practice too lol

Out of the the last three races, it's lookin' like @kkfan91 is going to pick up his second "Wipen' Up the Rear" Award.

rain.gif

Lotta racin to go but Kahne is up to 10th. :D

from the last race . . . .
As a first year player of the NASCAR Pick 'Em game, @Blake Hylton continues to impress as he has now picked drivers that have gone on to finish fourth or better in five of the seven races completed so for this season, including race winner Kevin Harvick at Atlanta.

to . . .
There goes my pick :( (Blaney @ Bristol)

Not to worry, it's just the molo jinx kicking in . . . .

My beans car pick got taken out in the big wreck by Trevor. Oh well, slip sliding away....

Out of the the last three races, it's lookin' like @kkfan91 is going to pick up his second "Wipen' Up the Rear" Award.

rain.gif
It's fine I have the rest of the year planned out.

Congrats to @Mopardh9 who won the "Highest Finishing Pick" award for the second consecutive week as his pick of Kyle Busch took the checkered flag in the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway.

In addition to having the best finishing pick, @Mopardh9 vaulted up four spots in the standings to take over first place, thereby knocking @Blake Hylton out of the top spot for the first time since the Las Vegas race.

With their pick of 4th place finisher Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in the #17 car, @Michfan and @Stewart Fan had the most upward movement in the standings this week as each jumped six positions into a tie for 14th place, their highest position so far this year.

The top of the standings was shuffled somewhat but remains relatively tight. Those in the top ten were able to hold onto that status following the Bristol race but @dpkimmel2001 and @Fordracing7 have been charging hard over the last three races and are currently tied for 11th place.

Finally, after picking the eighth place finisher at Texas last week, @kkfan91 took yet another kick in the butt when his pick of Ross Chastain wrecked after only three laps and finished dead last. With that, @kkfan91 took possession of the "Wiping Up the Rear" award for the second time this season. After the running of only eight Cup races, that less than distinguished "honor" has already been unceremoniously awarded five times.

2018 Pick 'Em Results - Bristol #1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to @Mopardh9 who won the "Highest Finishing Pick" award for the second consecutive week as his pick of Kyle Busch took the checkered flag in the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway.

In addition to having the best finishing pick, @Mopardh9 vaulted up four spots in the standings to take over first place, thereby knocking @Blake Hylton out of the top spot for the first time since the Las Vegas race.

With their pick of 4th place finisher Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in the #17 car, @Michfan and @Stewart Fan had the most upward movement in the standings this week as each jumped six positions into a tie for 14th place, their highest position so far this year.

The top of the standings was shuffled somewhat but remains relatively tight. Those in the top ten were able to hold onto that status following the Bristol race but @dpkimmel2001 and @Fordracing7 have been charging hard over the last three races and are currently tied for 11th place.

Finally, after picking the eighth place finisher at Texas last week, @kkfan91 took yet another kick in the butt when his pick of Ross Chastain wrecked after only three laps and finished dead last. With that, @kkfan91 took possession of the "Wiping Up the Rear" award for the second time this season. After the running of only eight Cup races, that less than distinguished "honor" has already been unceremoniously awarded five times.

View attachment 34381

I feel like Chase Elliott... or Erik Jones in this case.

I'm only 150 points out of first :idunno:

Back
Top Bottom