NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Chicagoland

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, June 29th, noon Eastern time.

2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series heads to the Land of Lincoln this weekend where the Overton's 400 will be held Sunday afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway, which in actuality is located within the City of Joliet, Illinois (population approximately 150,000).

Paul Menard is this week's most popular driver, selected by four players.

Additionally, four other players failed to make a pick.

William Byron, Chase Elliott, and Martin Truex Jr. were each selected by three players.

Corey LaJoie, making his eighth start of the season in the #72 car, was picked for the first time this year.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

17-2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Chicagoland.jpg

As the saying goes, "Snooze, you lose."
sleep.gif

On the bright side, for every race that you fail to make a pick, that's one less race that you've got to use one of the slugs on the "C list."
whistling.gif

Also, as @Clutch has demonstrated after missing the first two races of the year, it's possible to recover with consistent quality picks.
Strategery

I'll take David Gilliland a week from now.
Do you want to get a link to the rules post cause that's how you get a link to the rules post

As the saying goes, "Snooze, you lose."
sleep.gif

On the bright side, for every race that you fail to make a pick, that's one less race that you've got to use one of the slugs on the "C list."
whistling.gif

Also, as @Clutch has demonstrated after missing the first two races of the year, it's possible to recover with consistent quality picks.
Gee really?:rolleyes:

Congrats to @pjmolo (hey, that's me) who takes this week's "Highest Finishing Pick" award and had the most upward movement in the standings (five spots) when Kevin Harvick managed a 3rd place finish in the Overton's 400 at Chicagoland Speedway.

Of the four players that failed to make a pick for the Chicagoland race, @Mopardh9 took the biggest hit in the standings and dropped five spots to 13th place, the first time all season that he's been out of the top ten.

@Blake Hylton continues as the game's leader for the eighth consecutive race and has increased his lead over second place (@Clutch) to a season high 42 points.

And although he's moved up three spots (from 32nd to 29th place) due to player attrition, and his average points per race has improved from 33.2 to 27.4, @kkfan91 continues as a model of consistency, firmly holding onto last place in the standings over the last twelve races.

An under-the-radar display of sandbagging if there ever was one. :rolleyes:

17-2018 Pick 'Em Results - Chicagoland.jpg

I'm definitely singing the "Richard Childress Blues" this year... Bubba Wallace for 19 points, then Newman for 24, then "Big Hat, No Cattle" for 37 this week. I even used Daniel Hemric and scored 32. Bleh, bleh, bleh. I'm seriously considering using an extra part-timer instead of Ty Dillon... or maybe a strategic No Pick as a personal protest against Richard Childress Racing.

I'm definitely singing the "Richard Childress Blues" this year... Bubba Wallace for 19 points, then Newman for 24, then "Big Hat, No Cattle" for 37 this week. I even used Daniel Hemric and scored 32. Bleh, bleh, bleh. I'm seriously considering using an extra part-timer instead of Ty Dillon... or maybe a strategic No Pick as a personal protest against Richard Childress Racing.

yeah-thats-the-ticket.jpg

download (1).jpeg

Chase Elliott's best track.

19th ... so glad I saved him for that. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom