NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Indianapolis

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, September 7th, noon Eastern time.

2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet - 1 thru 18.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet - 19 thru 36.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

The deadline for submittal of picks for the Indianapolis race has been extended to Saturday, September 8th, 10:00 a.m. Eastern time.

Because Kasey Kahne wasn't replaced as the driver of the #95 car until Thursday afternoon (less than 24 hours before the pick deadline) and since the Indy practices and qualifying aren't until Saturday, I've extended the deadline to Sept. 8th, 10:00 a.m. Eastern time (just before the start of the first practice.)

The deadline for submittal of picks for the Indianapolis race has been extended to Saturday, September 8th, 10:00 a.m. Eastern time.

Because Kasey Kahne wasn't replaced as the driver of the #95 car until Thursday afternoon (less than 24 hours before the pick deadline) and since the Indy practices and qualifying aren't until Saturday, I've extended the deadline to Sept. 8th, 10:00 a.m. Eastern time (just before the start of the first practice.)

Hopefully that didn't give anyone who hadn't gotten their picks in yet a bit of extra time to do so as everyone knows when they are suppose to have their picks in.. I think the extension should only be allowed for anyone who had chosen Kasey Kahne. Just my two cents though.

Hopefully that didn't give anyone who hadn't gotten their picks in yet a bit of extra time to do so as everyone knows when they are suppose to have their picks in.. I think the extension should only be allowed for anyone who had chosen Kasey Kahne. Just my two cents though.
Yeah, I didn't get a break when the entry list changed at Atlanta.

True, I'm not sure what makes this situation any different. I'd assume several picked Kasey possibly including the leader since he hadn't used Kahne yet. But oh well. Not my game, not my rules.

Good points, fellers.

So in retrospect, I've decided that the one player that didn't get a pick in by the noon Friday deadline will get a "NO PICK" for Indianapolis.

Because the Indianapolis picks have yet to be posted, and for the reasons that I stated in my earlier post (the relatively late driver change and no track activity until Saturday), the two players that picked Kahne for Indianapolis were allowed to change their pick.

With that being said,

No further submittal (or change) of picks for the Indianapolis race will be accepted.

Regarding @kkfan91 (and @wilson89) not being allowed to change their "ineligible" Atlanta picks, player picks for that race had been posted and the first practice session had occurred before I (or anyone else, apparently) became aware of the driver substitutions for that race.

Consequently, in keeping with several fundamental concepts of the game, those "Ineligible" Atlanta picks weren't allowed to be changed.

Damn I was gonna change my pick to Regan Smith. The Quest For Last was underway.........

The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series heads to Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the Hoosier State this Sunday for the Big Machine Vodka 400 at the Brickyard.

This week's most popular drivers are Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, and Regan Smith, who were each selected by three players.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

26-2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Indianapolis.jpg

Should be tied for 5th....even though the 48 sucks and didnt help me much

Looks like Snappy jumps in front of me but I should still stay out of last.

Well I think I got the lowest finish this week.

Congrats to @Snappy D who takes the "Highest Finishing Pick" award this week as his pick of Erik Jones finished second at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the Big Machine Vodka 400 at the Brickyard.

Congrats also to @Clutch, @Mr Excitement, and @Mopardh9 as they had the most upward movement in the standings this week, each moving up three spots.

@Blake Hylton, the game's leader for the seventeenth consecutive race, continues to benefit from the continuing battle for second place in the standings, now held by @Clutch who is 14 points from the lead.

Last place in the standings has found a new home for the second consecutive week with that position now belonging to @FLRacingFan.

26-2018 Pick 'Em Results - Indianapolis.jpg

Damn, Blaney was fast at Pocono in both races this season so I expected much more speed than what he had today.

Back
Top Bottom