NASCAR Pick 'Em 2019 - Charlotte #1

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, May 24th, noon Eastern time.

2019 current standings - #12.jpg

Last edited:
I got plenty of time to think here what to do. First A driver I take and I drop like a damn rock because he decides to poop the bed.

I'm doing better than expected at this game. We shall see if my luck continues.

Is this the only week of the season where we get the benefit of a full practice day before having to make picks? Heck we even get qualifying! This will be interesting.

I made my pick Tuesday afternoon. If today's practice/qualifying is any sign of things to come, I have zero regrets about sending my pick early :cool:

I have 14 A-B list drivers left.
That's true but there's 24 races left to pick. So it's 8 "C" drivers left to pick. That's a lot of back markers. Pick'em at the right time and you can still win this thing. :D

The 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series returns to action this Sunday with the running of the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Due to qualifying being held on Thursday for this race, Pick 'Em players were able to see qualifying results prior to having to submit their pick. Perhaps not so coincidentally, this week's most popular driver pick is pole winner William Byron who was selected by eight players.

Bubba Wallace was selected by four players.
Thanks for participating. :cheers:

#13 - Charlotte #1 picks.jpg

I have all my picks for the year already laid out in my notes from before the 500.. I changed a couple here and there but its stayed the same mostly.

I have all my picks for the year already laid out in my notes from before the 500.. I changed a couple here and there but its stayed the same mostly.
Me too, it was kind of weird that Byron happened to win the pole. Not that it really matters in a 600 mile race.

Me too, it was kind of weird that Byron happened to win the pole. Not that it really matters in a 600 mile race.

That might be my problem sometimes haha, I just go on a week by week thing, and don't think to far ahead. Maybe for the plate races I do, and that's about it.

He's been running well, I thought about running him but his history at Charlotte isn't that good. In Xfinity and Cup, he's got three starts with an average finish of 23rd.

But that's also exactly the kind of overthinking that is counterproductive at times - go with the hot shoe.

He's been running well, I thought about running him but his history at Charlotte isn't that good. In Xfinity and Cup, he's got three starts with an average finish of 23rd.

But that's also exactly the kind of overthinking that is counterproductive at times - go with the hot shoe.

I've found that thinking and not thinking are both a problem. You're screwed.

That's true but there's 24 races left to pick. So it's 8 "C" drivers left to pick. That's a lot of back markers. Pick'em at the right time and you can still win this thing. :D
I love an early victory party, there’s been a celebration since last month.

Congrats to @DUN24 and @kkfan91 for taking this week's "Highest Finishing Pick" award as their pick, Martin Truex Jr., won the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Congrats also to @DUN24 and @kkfan91, along with @Brentford and @Turtle84, for having the most upward movement in the standings, as they each moved up five spots.

Finally, congrats to @Clutch who has now held onto the top of the leader board for five consecutive races.

#13 - Charlotte #1 results.jpg

Back
Top Bottom