NASCAR Pick 'Em 2019 - Phoenix #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, November 18th, noon Eastern time.

2019 current standings - #34.jpg

So who is @Elliott_Fan_9 going to pick this week?
Elliot has to win to get into the top four....and Logano is fourth in points but needs to watch Chase.....

So I'd guess that he will pick Chase for Phoenix.

If EF9 picks the winner of both remaining races and Clutch’s picks both finish 31st, they’ll be tied.

So they’ve got that going.

Oh sweet we're doing short nicknames now, call me T84

If EF9 picks the winner of both remaining races and Clutch’s picks both finish 31st, they’ll be tied.

Close but no cigar.

If @Elliott_Fan_9 picks the winner in each of the last two races, he'll end up with 519 points.

For him to be tied with @Clutch at the end, @Clutch's picks in those races will need to total 64 points, an average of 32 points per race.

@Elliott_Fan_9 would then win the tie-breaker.

@Clutch can clinch the championship at Phoenix if he can somehow finish the race with a 40 point lead over @Elliott_Fan_9.

So who is @Elliott_Fan_9 going to pick this week?
Elliot has to win to get into the top four....and Logano is fourth in points but needs to watch Chase.....

So I'd guess that he will pick Chase for Phoenix.

We know that @Elliott_Fan_9 will be using Chase Elliott and Joey Logano in the last two races while @Clutch has been reduced to having to use drivers from the "C Group."

However, the 13 "C Group" drivers that @Clutch has used to date have an average finish of approximately 18th place.

Can the magic continue ?

Close but no cigar.

If @Elliott_Fan_9 picks the winner in each of the last two races, he'll end up with 519 points.

For him to be tied with @Clutch at the end, @Clutch's picks in those races will need to total 64 points, an average of 32 points per race.

@Elliott_Fan_9 would then win the tie-breaker.

@Clutch can clinch the championship at Phoenix if he can somehow finish the race with a 40 point lead over @Elliott_Fan_9.
I was way off.

There’s no way now. :D

^^ prolly thinkin’ he’s way overdue for a mid-thirties finish.

Or two. :cool:

Driver picks for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bluegreen Vacations 500 at ISM Raceway.

The "Big Three" were the most popular picks this week. Kyle Busch was selected by six players, Kevin Harvick was selected by five players, and Martin Truex Jr. was selected by three players.

What with the 62 point lead @Clutch has over second place @Elliott_Fan_9, the game's championship could very well be decided by this race.

Seems to me that if @Clutch's pick, Landon Cassill, is able to finish within 22 positions of Joey Logano, there would be virtually no way for @Elliott_Fan_9 to pass @Clutch in the final race at Homestead.
Let's go racing boys and thanks to all for participating. :cheers:

#35 - Phoenix #2 picks.jpg

However, the 13 "C Group" drivers that @Clutch has used to date have an average finish of approximately 18th place.
@Clutch's performance with "C" drivers has been outrageous. Below I have listed Clutch's score and that driver's average 2019 score. Of the 13 C-list drivers used so far, Clutch was worse than average only once... when Brendan Gaughan placed 27th at Talladega, his worst result of four races entered. That's freakin' unbelievable.

The Commissioner should investigate performance enhancing drugs or rocket fuel or something. C-list drivers step up their game when they're driving for Clutch to the tune of 5.4 positions per race. This has netted Clutch a gain of 70 points (5.4 points X 13 races) and I for one am highly suspicious..:dual9mm:

DiBenedetto 12 (average = 18.4)
McDowell 13 (average = 23.9)
Hemric 7 (average = 22.8)
Buescher 13 (average = 17.9)
Preece 18 (average = 22.9)
Ty Dillon 20 (average = 20.5)
Chastain 22 (average = 28.0)
Bubba Wallace 12 (average = 23.6)
Kligerman 26 (average = 26.5)
Matt Tifft 25 (average = 26.0)
Gaughan 27 (average = 19.2)
D. Ragan 11 (average = 26.0)
J.H. Nemechek 21 (only one race = 21)

13 "C" Drivers = 17.4 (average = 22.8)

@Clutch's performance with "C" drivers has been outrageous. Below I have listed Clutch's score and that driver's average 2019 score. Of the 13 C-list drivers used so far, Clutch was worse than average only once... when Brendan Gaughan placed 27th at Talladega, his worst result of four races entered. That's freakin' unbelievable.

The Commissioner should investigate performance enhancing drugs or rocket fuel or something. C-list drivers step up their game when they're driving for Clutch to the tune of 5.4 positions per race. This has netted Clutch a gain of 70 points (5.4 points X 13 races) and I for one am highly suspicious..:dual9mm:

Um Gaughan was on track for a top 5 at Talladega before he was flipped.....just sayin' :cool:

Maybe they have really strong Vitamin C where he's from?

But did any of his "C" drivers score him a win? I think not!

@Clutch's performance with "C" drivers has been outrageous . . . . Of the 13 C-list drivers used so far, Clutch was worse than average only once.

The Commissioner should investigate performance enhancing drugs or rocket fuel or something. C-list drivers step up their game when they're driving for Clutch . . . . and I for one am highly suspicious

Game management has been wondering about the continued above average performances by @Clutch's C-list picks as, increasingly, it looks a bit sus.

Note that only two C-list drivers were used in the first half of the season (DiBenedetto and McDowell), ostensibly to allay any suspicion that something shady might be in the works.

Note also that it's already Saturday morning where he's at (New Zealand) when the picks are due (noon Friday Eastern time). Due to some quasi-space-time continuum, might he already know the results of practice and qualifying before he even submits his pick ?

Also, is it possible that @Clutch has been getting assistance in making his picks from his fellow kiwi mates? When I asked him about it, @Clutch responded by saying "Oh, chur, mate! No worries! It's all good!"

Finally, the investigation came to a complete standstill when it was determined that he's apparently got some type of diplomatic immunity.

Time to grab another stubbie out of the chilly bin, mates.

Game management has been wondering about the continued above average performances by @Clutch's C-list picks as, increasingly, it looks a bit sus.

Note that only two C-list drivers were used in the first half of the season (DiBenedetto and McDowell), ostensibly to allay any suspicion that something shady might be in the works.

Note also that it's already Saturday morning where he's at (New Zealand) when the picks are due (noon Friday Eastern time). Due to some quasi-space-time continuum, might he already know the results of practice and qualifying before he even submits his pick ?

Also, is it possible that @Clutch has been getting assistance in making his picks from his fellow kiwi mates? When I asked him about it, @Clutch responded by saying "Oh, chur, mate! No worries! It's all good!"

Finally, the investigation came to a complete standstill when it was determined that he's apparently got some type of diplomatic immunity.

Time to grab another stubbie out of the chilly bin, mates.
That's too funny!

Back
Top Bottom