NASCAR Pick 'Em 2020 - Homestead

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Sunday, June 14th, :salute: 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3. standings after #11.jpg

This is a good time to say this.

Once upon a time, The Commish was temporarily out of commission. I did his job for 2 weeks at a level that kept the thing going and that’s all. We got by. 2 of these a week complete with everything laid out for us is A LOT OF WORK.

I know I’m speaking for the field. Thank you, sir. My favorite internet amusement by a mile. Thank you.

This is a good time to say this.

Once upon a time, The Commish was temporarily out of commission. I did his job for 2 weeks at a level that kept the thing going and that’s all. We got by. 2 of these a week complete with everything laid out for us is A LOT OF WORK.

I know I’m speaking for the field. Thank you, sir. My favorite internet amusement by a mile. Thank you.
First of all, thanks @pjmolo. I acknowledge all the hard work you put into this game. This is really the only fantasy game I play.

That being said, I'm in a bit of a roll the past 4 races. I hope that continues at Homestead.

Thanks for the kind words fellers.

I can well imagine that @aunty dive was in over his head when he kept things going for us for a couple three weeks back in 2017.

However, the hard work in running this game occurred back when I first took it over and had to put a few brain cells to work creating Excel worksheets with embedded formulas that do all the calculations.

Now it's a matter of recording picks and finishes followed by a copy and paste sequence prior to posting standings and spreadsheets.

All in all, I enjoy doing it and appreciate all of the players who take time to submit picks, especially youse guys that have been with it for a few years. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words fellers.

I can well imagine that @aunty dive was in over his head when he kept things going for us for a couple three weeks back in 2017.

However, the hard work in running this game occurred back when I first took it over and had to put a few brain cells to work creating Excel worksheets with embedded formulas that do all the calculations.

Now it's a matter of recording picks and finishes followed by a copy and paste sequence prior to posting standings and spreadsheets.

All in all, I enjoy doing it and appreciate all of the players who take time to submit picks, especially youse guys that have been with it for a few years. :cheers:
I was wondering about this. Thank God, it's still hard work but not nearly as much thanks to the embedded formulas.

i thought long about my pick and decided take he could not suck forever.

The 2020 NASCAR Cup Series heads to the Sunshine State for the running of the Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

The most popular pick for this race, selected by six players, is Tyler Reddick. Joey Logano was selected by five players.

Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

1. Homestead picks.jpg

I still have all of my A-list drivers and I'm only down 67 points to the leader. I think I have a shot to win this.

I think @jws926 will extend his lead with the JJ. Yeley pick. Almost no way anybody gains points on him this week.

5th for almirola,i told you he could not suck for ever, the 8 was a great pick

5th for almirola,i told you he could not suck for ever, the 8 was a great pick
Unless he wins or finishes top 3 this year, the Almirola pick has great value. That’s how you win the game, you have to cash in on the value picks on your low end B drivers and C drivers while your A picks do what they are supposed to do when you pick them.

I can't believe only 6 people picked Reddick, he was the obvious choice for Homestead.
Kinda disappointed he didn't win.

I hear you and I picked him - but it was quite a race he put in. I don’t think you can ever consider a mid-season rookie who’s only posted two top-10s and has an average finish of 18th to be “obvious”. We’ve seen xfinity guys have a track they’re dominant on and then get to Cup and it doesn’t happen.

Whether it was easy to see coming or not, that was a hell of run to get to the front that quickly and then stay in the top 4 all night. Hat’s off to Tyler.

Reddick is really good, isn’t he?

Stupid Logano.

I must be the kryptonite stone this season. I picked Joey the clown and the joke was on me. Never fails who I pick, they have some freak of Murphy's law incident that screws them up.

Oh well...destined for back marker status! Should have stuck with throwing darts.

Congrats to @LewTheShoe who took the "Highest Finishing Pick" award when his pick, Ryan Blaney, finished third in the Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Additional congrats to @superchuck500 as he had the most upward movement, moving up seven spots into the top ten in the standings.

The battle for first place between @Ashstrodamus and @SlicedBread22 continues to be a heated battle with @Ashstrodamus able to maintain his spot on top of the heap. Meanwhile, the 27th place finish by Joey Logano caused @Clutch to drop out of the top five in the standings for the first time since the first race of the season.

Finally, @jws926 took possession of the "Wiping Up the Rear" award when his brain storm of a pick, JJ Yeley, finished dead last.

2. Homestead results.jpg

Congrats to @LewTheShoe who took the "Highest Finishing Pick" award when his pick, Ryan Blaney, finished third in the Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
I'm happy about Blaney's P3 finish of course, but the real winning pick this week was Tyler Reddick in 4th. Wow, six guys saw in advance what now - with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - seems so obvious. I'm jealous of that pick.

I'm also happy about Logano's dumbass result... for two reasons. First, Joey's P27 finish allowed me to pass Aunty and Clutch in the standings, putting them back there where they belong! :dual9mm: And second, I'm still pissed about Joey wrecking my fav driver (Brad K) when he was in contention to win the Daytona 500. So there!

My memory isn't as good as it use to be, but I don't think Clutch was outside the top 5 all last year.
Thanks again pjmolo and thanks to all those who play.

Back
Top Bottom