NASCAR Pick 'Em 2020 - Talladega #1

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Sunday, June 21st, 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.
3. standings after #12.jpg

I wonder what strategy people will use, knowing that big wrecks can happen at superspeedways, giving way for surprise finishes.

I'm not feeling Gaughan for this one. I'm sure he'll be the most popular pick though.

The 2020 NASCAR Cup Series is at Talladega Superspeedway for the running of the GEICO 500.

The most popular pick for this race, selected by 10 players, is Brendan . . .
color2.jpg

The second most popular pick, selected by five players, is Corey LaJoie.

Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

1. Talladega #1 picks.jpg

I wonder what strategy people will use, knowing that big wrecks can happen at superspeedways, giving way for surprise finishes.
If you've already used Gaughan, look at Racing Reference. Find the guys with the fewest DNFs. Pick the one with the most points that you're not likely to use elsewhere.

I was trying to pick anything but Rick Ware junk. I actually saw Kligerman get to the front in at least one restrictor plate race in the Gaunt Brothers #96 last year. Saving Gaughan for a little later.

I was trying to pick anything but Rick Ware junk. I actually saw Kligerman get to the front in at least one restrictor plate race in the Gaunt Brothers #96 last year. Saving Gaughan for a little later.
Suarez was my second choice after Poole. If he can avoid the big wrecks he could get a decent finish.

I'm so bummed I was only able to get a 35th out of Poole. That said, I had a good 5 race stretch before 'Dega, you can't have 'em all I suppose.

I'm happy to wait for @pjmolo to complete his audit and publish results. But it looks like there's gonna be a tight wad of guys leading the pack... really tight... I mean tight like Talladega style.

Two races at Pocono will separate the pretenders from the contenders, I predict.

Congrats to @Clutch who took the "Highest Finishing Pick" award when his pick, Ricky Stenhouse, finished second in the GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway.

Additional congrats to @Charlie Spencer as he had the most upward movement in the standings, moving up five spots following the third place finish of his pick, Aric Almirola.

The on-going battle for first place between @Ashstrodamus and @SlicedBread22 has developed into a "tight wad of guys" bunched up at the top of the standings with just 8 points separating first place @Ashstrodamus from fourth place @Clutch.

Finally, @ChexOrWrex is this week's recipient of the "Wiping Up the Rear" award as his pick, Matt Kenseth, finished dead last.

2. Talladega #1 results.jpg

Back
Top Bottom