NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021 - Bristol

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Saturday, September 18th, 6:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - #28 current standings.jpg

4 - #28 used list.jpg

Welp, somebody's gotta be third, behind @Turtle84 and @Snappy D who are streaking off into the distance, so it might as well be me..:dual9mm:

I'm not likely to stay up there... not enough fast guys left for me to use. Hoping to finish Top 10 at the end. I figure KDB's late speeding penalty cost me 9 points last night versus Turtle and Snappy. But that's not important, the gap was too wide even without Busch's pit road blunder.

As always, many thanks to @pjmolo. I think he's a great commissioner and I don't care what everyone says about him behind his back... ha ha ha, just kidding.

Welp, somebody's gotta be third, behind @Turtle84 and @Snappy D who are streaking off into the distance, so it might as well be me..:dual9mm:

I'm not likely to stay up there... not enough fast guys left for me to use. Hoping to finish Top 10 at the end. I figure KDB's late speeding penalty cost me 9 points last night versus Turtle and Snappy. But that's not important, the gap was too wide even without Busch's pit road blunder.

As always, many thanks to @pjmolo. I think he's a great commissioner and I don't care what everyone says about him behind his back... ha ha ha, just kidding.

I'm honored to be one of the streakers and am just enjoying being in the heat of the battle finally, in year 3 of playing the game. My ceiling was previously top20-top15, turtle'd it up for a while.

I still think there's a lot left to happen, the top5 is still sporting a 14.9 target avg, and just never know with Bristol Night Race, Roval, Dega, 550 package, and things can easily go south with an A-driver for any reason, even though they may seem like a lock. I also don't know who all y'all have left to play behind me and snappy, just at glance seems some big names. I will also need to deploy a couple lower tier before the end but anyhow...

Just trying to have fun, best of luck to @Snappy D & all other player's and their chances I just like to see it unfold. And yes, I could not agree more, @pjmolo is a fantastic commish that's consistent and shows no favoritism, it's a lot of work to organize, so thank you for running this game this length of time.

The NASCAR Cup Series is at BRISTOL BABY !!! for the running of the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race.

The game's most popular driver pick, Kyle Busch, was selected by five players.

Ryan Preece was selected by three.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

1 - #29 picks.jpg

It’s over. I don’t have enough left to stop the bleeding and overtake Turtle. I have to use two C drivers yet and yeah, we’ll be happy finishing second. Frigging sucks finishing second though

It’s over. I don’t have enough left to stop the bleeding and overtake Turtle. I have to use two C drivers yet and yeah, we’ll be happy finishing second. Frigging sucks finishing second though
What is this, a friggin' concession speech or something? Geez, man, don't you know there's no crying in baseball NASCAR? I suggest you get down to Turtle's pit stall and confront him. Do it Harvick-style. You know what I mean... buckle your helmet on tight, take your crew guys with ya, and practice your lines for the TV interview... "I'm ready to rip Turtle's friggin' shell off."

Meanwhile, don't get too comfortable with that second-place paycheck, 'cause I'm kinda eyeing that myself. And we've got a special secret for Las Vegas next week, a cheated-up Dodge with a 426 By God Hemi... :salute:

What is this, a friggin' concession speech or something? Geez, man, don't you know there's no crying in baseball NASCAR? I suggest you get down to Turtle's pit stall and confront him. Do it Harvick-style. You know what I mean... buckle your helmet on tight, take your crew guys with ya, and practice your lines for the TV interview... "I'm ready to rip Turtle's friggin' shell off."

Meanwhile, don't get too comfortable with that second-place paycheck, 'cause I'm kinda eyeing that myself. And we've got a special secret for Las Vegas next week, a cheated-up Dodge with a 426 By God Hemi... :salute:
I’m what you call a glass half empty guy

and then a pickem' team dinner at Applebee's

Sorry for posting the results so late but it took longer than expected to talk @Snappy D down from the ledge.

Congrats to @LewTheShoe and @DC76 for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish by their pick, Kyle Larson, in the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award goes to @Conover whose pick of first loser Kevin Harvick enabled him to move up five spots to 6th place in the standings.

Congrats again to @Turtle84 for maintaining his hold on first place in the standings for the third consecutive week.

Having picked a top ten driver in each of the last three races, including the race winner in two out of the last three, @LewTheShoe is now knocking on the door of the top of the board with seven races remaining.

2 - #29 results.jpg

Back
Top Bottom