NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021 - Daytona #1

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of drivers picks for the first race of the season is Sunday, February 14th, 12:30 p.m. Eastern time.

Any and all who post on the racing-forums.com board are welcome to participate in this hotly contested game that has been a featured part of the board since 2014.

Game rules can be found in the first post of this thread:

https://racing-forums.com/threads/nascar-pick-em-2021.72217/

Daytona #1 entry list.jpg

When will you have the 3 tiers ready?

The driver grouping for the Pick 'Em game is taken from the Driver Group Game (DGG) that some on this board play.

Info for that game can be found in this thread: https://racing-forums.com/threads/rffl-2021.72199/

This is the DGG grouping for 2021:

A GroupB GroupC Group
Brad KeselowskiAlex BowmanBubba Wallace
Chase ElliottAric AlmirolaChase Briscoe
Denny HamlinAustin DillonCorey Lajoie
Joey LoganoChris BuescherMichael McDowell
Kevin HarvickChristopher BellRicky Stenhouse Jr
Martin Truex JrCole CusterRoss Chastain
Ryan BlaneyErik JonesRyan Preece
Kurt BuschAnthony Alfredo
Kyle BuschAustin Cindric
Kyle LarsonBJ McLeod
Matt DiBenedettoBrennan Poole
Ryan NewmanChad Finchum
Tyler ReddickDaniel Suarez
William ByronDavid Ragan
Garrett Smithley
James Davison
JJ Yeley
Justin Haley
Noah Gragson
Quin Houff
Reed Sorenson
Ryan Ellis
Timmy Hill

Just a reminder that for the Pick 'Em game the groupings are used only as a relative measure of driver strength and, unlike the DGG, they have no other bearing on the game.

Also, any player not listed would fall into the "C Group."

Micheal Waltrip and Brendan Gaughan aren't listed. But they have great Daytona resumes and offer a helleva an opportunity to leave Daytona with the most points.
If you are serious about racking up 750 points this season you need them on your team for the 500.

I'll admit I don't get the value of the A-B-C list in this game. I work from the entry list and @pjmolo 's spreadsheets. What's the value in a group that includes drivers who may not be entered, or lacks drivers who are entered?

I'll admit I don't get the value of the A-B-C list in this game. I work from the entry list and @pjmolo 's spreadsheets. What's the value in a group that includes drivers who may not be entered, or lacks drivers who are entered?
Strategery / use of algorithms & supercomputers.

We have a Cray installed in a separate building because heat.

Micheal Waltrip and Brendan Gaughan aren't listed. But they have great Daytona resumes and offer a helleva an opportunity to leave Daytona with the most points.
If you are serious about racking up 750 points this season you need them on your team for the 500.

Don't forget about Derrike Cope . . . . :cool:

The A-B-C listing of drivers copied from the Driver Group Game can sometimes be confusing, although I believe some players use it as part of a strategy.

I'd be interested in how many players find the color coded driver listing to be beneficial to them when making a driver pick or would a simple alphabetical listing of drivers be a better way to go.

Untitled.jpg

After a long off season that saw the Cup schedule changed dramatically with the addition of numerous road course events, the NASCAR Pick 'Em game on the racing-forums.com board is back for the eighth consecutive year.

The most popular pick for the first race of the season is Jamie McMurray who, it has been announced, will only compete in the Daytona 500 this year. Jamie Mac was selected by 14 players.

David Ragan, also competing in only the Daytona 500, was the second most popular pick, selected by 9 players.

Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

#1 picks.jpg

I scanned the driver list and didn't even notice Ragan or McMurray :XXROFL:
Never read the D500 pre-race so missed all the info.
I can't say I'm very prepared.

i think most of our picks would be on the D list if there was one, good luck people

I didn‘t realize this was David Ragans last race.

You guys are right Ragan said last years Daytona would be his last,
and I call myself a nascar fan lol
He should have left it there. His 4th place finish was a nice ending. But it’s Daytona, so that’s why I am reluctant to pick any driver I may need during the rest of the season. Of course I picked Ragan....but I was also looking at Jamie Mac.

After a long off season that saw the Cup schedule changed dramatically with the addition of numerous road course events, the NASCAR Pick 'Em game on the racing-forums.com board is back for the eighth consecutive year.

The most popular pick for the first race of the season is Jamie McMurray who, it has been announced, will only compete in the Daytona 500 this year. Jamie Mac was selected by 14 players.

David Ragan, also competing in only the Daytona 500, was the second most popular pick, selected by 9 players.

Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

View attachment 54060
who on the list is still in the race??

Back
Top Bottom