NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021 - Daytona #1

Everyone but Ragan and Newman.
McMurray is able to continue.

So this tweet from Ganassi implies that McMurray's #77 car was prepared by CGR rather than being standard Spire fare. Does anyone know for sure if it was?

I picked David Ragan over Jamie McMurray because I assumed Jamie's car was a typical Spire turd. That's looking like a pretty dumb assumption. McMurray in a Ganassi car would be an obvious pick over Ragan in a Front Row Motorsports car, IMO.

So this tweet from Ganassi implies that McMurray's #77 car was prepared by CGR rather than being standard Spire fare. Does anyone know for sure if it was?

I picked David Ragan over Jamie McMurray because I assumed Jamie's car was a typical Spire turd. That's looking like a pretty dumb assumption. McMurray in a Ganassi car would be an obvious pick over Ragan in a Front Row Motorsports car, IMO.
From what I've gathered, the #77 was indeed a CGR prepared vehicle.

Based on the data from my staff at the CooterJohnsonsJuniorsIII and Dingleberry Organic Racing Motorsports Engineering Enterprises Associates Incorporated/ Analytics and all go rhythms forecasted data team, I felt good with Jamie based on his qualifying and practice speed. I wasn't expecting him to have Hamlin speed but he showed enough mid pack speed to be confident that he would draft well to match his strong RP resume.

Based on the data from my staff at the CooterJohnsonsJuniorsIII and Dingleberry Organic Racing Motorsports Engineering Enterprises Associates Incorporated/ Analytics and all go rhythms forecasted data team, I felt good with Jamie based on his qualifying and practice speed. I wasn't expecting him to have Hamlin speed but he showed enough mid pack speed to be confident that he would draft well to match his strong RP resume.

I just looked at his gfs ankles

Is it possible to win the championship without picking one RWR entry the whole year? Asking for a friend...

Which is kinda weird because a Front Row car won the 500.

The NASCAR Cup Series opened the 2021 season on Valentine's Day with a rain delayed, wreck filled stock car massacre at Daytona International Speedway with the running of the Daytona 500.

For the second consecutive year a player of the Pick 'Em game picked the winner of the Great American Race.

@kkfan91 picked race winner Denny Hamlin in last year's 500 and this year @Truex_rox struck gold by picking the improbable race winner, Michael McDowell.

Congrats to former game champion @Clutch who picked third place finisher Austin Dillon.

Additional congrats to the 14 players that picked eighth place finisher Jamie McMurray.

Following the 37th place finish of David Ragan, the nine players that selected him find themselves only 4 points ahead of anyone who missed making a pick for the first race, as any second race game entry will be awarded 41 points for the 500.

ouch

2 - #1 results.jpg

I said, hmmm Jamie Mac is doing a one off. I'll take it. I dont have the money like you and Aunty to run algorithms and have staff feedback. I'm the Gaunt brothers racing of the Pick em world

Picking McMurray for the D500 reduced your chances by one week of having to pick a RWR car before the season finale
I didn't even use Preece last year. There should be enough part-timers to avoid some of the back markers.
I picked an RWR driver and he finished 20th, coulda been a lot worse.
I was considering to pick Cope because I figured he wouldn't be anywhere near the lead pack and thus anywhere near the wreck.

@Truex_rox struck gold by picking the improbable race winner, Michael McDowell.
McDowell has an average finish of 13th in the last six Daytona oval races, with only one DNF in that stretch. He was a pleasant surprise but not that improbable if you look at his stats. He's a solid plate racer, which is why I had him in a different game.

@Truex_rox[/USER] struck gold by picking the improbable race winner, Michael McDowell.
McDowell has an average finish of 13th in the last six Daytona oval races, with only one DNF in that stretch. He was a pleasant surprise but not that improbable if you look at his stats.

tough crowd.jpg

I didn't even use Preece last year. There should be enough part-timers to avoid some of the back markers.

I was considering to pick Cope because I figured he wouldn't be anywhere near the lead pack and thus anywhere near the wreck.
yes. he was no where to be seen.

Thanks for the messages of congratulations. I felt like it was a logical choice going by what Charlie stated, but I still had no reason to believe I would end up picking the winner. I wonder what the odds were on that one, and sure wish I’d bet money on it. McDowell had never really sniffed a win at the Cup level even with his RP (mainly Daytona) prowess until this one came out of the clear blue. I’m excited for him and that team. It’s wild to know that a Front Row driver out of everybody is the first one locked into the playoffs. I’ll be keeping an eye on that team.

Back
Top Bottom