NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021 - Phoenix #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, November 7th, 2:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - #35 current standings.jpg

4 - #35 used list.jpg

The 2021 NASCAR Cup Series comes to a close with the running of the Season Finale 500 at Phoenix Raceway as four drivers compete against each other and the field to determine the season champion.

The game's most popular picks, Cole Custer, Justin Haley, Denny Hamlin, and Kevin Harvick were each selected by three players.

Meanwhile, contenders for the Pick 'Em game championship have been reduced to three: @Snappy D, @Turtle84, and @Michfan.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

1 - #36 picks.jpg

Thanks Alfedo for knocking me out of the top 10.

And the winner is . . . . . @Snappy D !!!!!

After a season-long effort of making picks, @Snappy D emerges as the 2021 Pick 'Em Champion, finishing 11 points ahead of second place @Turtle84.

With that accomplishment, @Snappy D becomes the first two-time champion in the eight year history of the Pick 'Em game.

Congratulations sir, a job well done.

Additional congrats to Mr. Two-Time for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish by his pick, Cup champion Kyle Larson, in the Season Finale 500 at Phoenix Raceway. Also picking Larson was @JJ_14.

The "Most Upward Movement" award goes to @Blaze and @aunty dive who each picked 8th place finisher Kevin Harvick, enabling each of them to move up four spots in the standings.

A hearty thanks to all of the players of the game who stuck with it through-out the season, especially those who found little success at trying to pick top finishing drivers.

Hope to see you all again next year !!!

2 - #36 results.jpg

Last edited:
And the winner is . . . . . @Snappy D !!!!!

After a season-long effort of making picks, @Snappy D emerges as the 2021 Pick 'Em Champion, finishing 11 points ahead of second place @Turtle84.

With that accomplishment, @Snappy D becomes the first two-time champion in the eight year history of the Pick 'Em game.

Congratulations sir, a job well done.

Additional congrats to Mr. Two-Time for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish by his pick, Cup champion Kyle Larson, in the Season Finale 500 at Phoenix Raceway. Also picking Larson was @JJ_14.

The "Most Upward Movement" award goes to @Blaze and @aunty dive who each picked 8th place finisher Kevin Harvick, enabling each of them to move up four spots in the standings.

A hearty thanks to all of the players of the game who stuck with it through-out the season, especially those who found little success at trying to pick top finishing drivers.

Hope to see you all again next year !!!

View attachment 58590
Thanks for running the game @pjmolo Molo, you go above and beyond for making sure we enjoy playing and I have to extend a heartfelt thank you for doing this. It's one of my favorite parts of being a member here. It's pretty wild I was the first one to win this game twice, never thought that would happen but when the opportunity presented itself around late mid season I knew I'd be a little bummed if I didnt cash it in. Lastly, tip of the cap to @Turtle84 as he ran an excellent season, I thought he was going to win it there for a bit. He just didnt miss this year. Look forward to trying to win another one in February, Happy Christmas and Merry Offseason.
1636384004916.png

@pjmolo makes this game a ton of fun. Thanks so much!

This is the highest finish to a season for the K&K Insurance team. There was no catching those top two so congrats to them for a great season. Our shop is hard at work coming up with the new gen model, which will make for a wild contest next year (who’s fast, who’s last?).

The NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021 Awards Banquet was held last night amid much hoop-la at the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier in Chicago.

navy pier.jpg

After an evening of dancing and fine dining, second through tenth in the final standings were acknowledged, as follows:

tied for 10th - @ToyYoda & @DC76
9th - @Greg
8th - @Blaze
7th - @donthaveanickname
6th - @LewTheShoe
5th - @JJ_14
4th - @Michfan
3rd - @Conover
2nd - @Turtle84

The "Rookie of the Year" award was then presented to @LJ7201 prior to the highlight of the evening, the presentation of the Championship plaque to @Snappy D, the first two-time winner in the history of the game.

2021 Pick 'Em champion plaque x.jpg

A professional photographer was hired for the evening but unfortunately his camera malfunctioned after taking just one picture.

New_Year_s_Eve_1923_1kLEhMI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom