NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to dust off your trusty dartboard and prepare to play the Pick 'Em game, a regular feature on the Racing-Forums.com board since 2014.

For each and every points paying NASCAR Cup Series race, each player selects a driver that the player expects to perform well in that race.

However, a player may pick a particular driver for one, and only one, race during the course of the season.

Game points are awarded to each player based upon where his pick finishes in that race.

1st place finish = 1 point . . . . 40th place finish = 40 points, with all finishes in between awarded appropriately.

At season's end the game's championship is awarded to the player that has the fewest points after the 36th and final points race.

What follows are the detailed rules, a few of which have been changed since last year and have been underlined.

Most notable is that the pick deadline for all races is now on the day of the race and not prior to practice and qualifying for that race.

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

1 - For each race, beginning with the first race but at least by the fourth race of the season, each player submits a driver pick for that race.

2 - Only the 36 points paying races are included in the game, meaning races such the Busch Clash, the Daytona Duels, and the All-Star Race are not included.

3 - Players' picks are to be submitted on the Racing-Forums.com board via a private "conversation" with pjmolo.

a. Start by clicking on the pjmolo avatar and then by clicking on "Start a Conversation."

b. The "Conversation Title" should read NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021. The conversation message should include the location of the race and the driver picked for that race. For example: Daytona - Martin Truex Jr.

c. Upon receipt of the pick, a response to the message will be made that confirms the pick for that race. Confirmation messages can be found in the each player's message "Inbox."

d. When a player makes a pick for a subsequent race, it should be submitted by replying to the message that confirmed the pick for the previous race, thereby keeping the conversations in management's inbox to a minimum.

4 - Players may submit picks for future scheduled races in advance of those races.

5 - The deadline for the submittal of a pick for a given race is two hours prior to the scheduled start of that race unless otherwise specified by game management. An initial pick may be changed provided the change is made prior to the pick deadline for that race.

6 - A driver may be used as a player's pick for one, and only one, race during the course of the season.

7 - If a player picks a driver that was previously used by that player, or picks a driver that does not appear on the entry list for that race as posted on NASCAR.com, then his pick for that race will be recorded as an "INELIGIBLE PICK" and the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started the race, plus one.

8 - If a player picks a driver that appears on the entry list for that race as posted on NASCAR.com and that driver is then replaced in that car by another driver prior to the start of the race, then the replacement driver will be considered the driver pick for that player for that race.

9 - If a player fails to pick a driver for a race by the pick deadline, then his pick for that race will be recorded as a "NO PICK" and the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started the race, plus one.

10 - A player will be dropped from the game after having recorded four consecutive "NO PICKS" during the course of the season. Note that an "INELIGIBLE PICK" does not count as a "NO PICK."

11 - After the pick submittal deadline for a race, players' picks are official and will be made public by way of a post to the board prior to the beginning of that race.

12 - For each race, players will be awarded the number of points equal to the finishing position of their driver pick for that race, based upon NASCAR's official race results. Race results and game standings will be posted after each race.

13 - The game's champion will be determined by the player with the fewest amount of points after the 36th and final points race.

14 - If there exists a points tie among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most first place picks.

15 - If in the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top five picks.

16 - If in the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks and top five picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top ten picks.

yes sir here it is. The Grand Daddy of Em All, the RF.com Pick Em Game. LETS GO!! Count me in, thanks for running this game Molo you do an excellent job.

I’m in and looking for my first top 5 finish. Thanks for giving us a fun game, and our own race within the race!

tenor.gif

This morning on TMD (Nascar SXM) they were talking about different fantasy racing formats an asked for callers to tell them what Nascar fantasy leagues they do. I called in and described this format with just one race per driver and how it requires you to look at the whole schedule . . . they were like "Wow that's hard!"

I'm in again, My competitors are shaking in their shoes. With my vast knowledge I will win!! ( or finish anywhere from 1st to 30th) Good luck errrbody and thanks Mr PJ for the weekly brain exercise.

I don’t understand why NASCAR media isn’t covering the weekly Pick ‘Em results.

Game management is working on that.

If no where else, figure there's gotta be some room on the Jayski site for the game to get its props . . . . :cool:

Meanwhile, a quick highlight of the two significant changes in the rules of the game.

Now that practice and qualifying have been eliminated for all but eight races, the deadline for submittal of driver picks is now the day of the race, two hours prior to the scheduled start of the race.

Also, whereas previously a player was dropped from the game after not making a pick for four races during the course of the race season, a player will now be dropped from the game if a pick isn't made for four consecutive races.

To date, 17 former players have expressed an interest in playing the game. Still hoping to have a full starting field (at least 40) for the first time in the history of the game.

Happy motoring !!!

To date, 29 former players of the NASCAR Pick 'Em game have expressed interest in the 2021 game.

There's plenty of room for more on the spreadsheets and newcomers to the game are especially welcome to join the group. :jamming:

To date, 29 former players of the NASCAR Pick 'Em game have expressed interest in the 2021 game.

There's plenty of room for more on the spreadsheets and newcomers to the game are especially welcome to join the group. :jamming:
did you get my pick?

I will be playing. Thanks to to @pjmolo for being a great commissioner watching or reading the way he runs the league is half the fun.
Personally, this has been my toughest league, I have won 4 championships in three in other RF leagues but I don't think I have a top 10 finish in this one.

I will be playing. Thanks to to @pjmolo for being a great commissioner; watching or reading the way he runs the league is half the fun.
Personally, this has been my toughest league, I have won 4 championships in three in other RF leagues but I don't think I have a top 10 finish in this one.

@Greg

my new BFF

:cheers:

I will be playing. Thanks to to @pjmolo for being a great commissioner watching or reading the way he runs the league is half the fun.
My new algorithm is available for rent on a race by race basis if you’re so inclined.

Back
Top Bottom