NASCAR Pick 'Em 2022 - Pocono

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, July 24th, 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - #20 current standings.jpg

2nd consecutive NO PICK for @Turtle84 ...

Hope he’s all right.
Hope @Turtle84 just had a brain fart like me. I wasn't cleared to race by Nascar doctors after suffering a shoulder injury... over did it in the gym, sore as hell... but no excuse for missing the deadline to name a replacement pick, LOL.

18th for a fella who had never driven a Cup car 4 hours ago. I’ll take it. Live to fight another day

gibbs not bad 18th, until you look at the picks,i think most of you had better picks.oh well:(

According to Nascar.com, Elliot is the winner. Hambone the wrecker finishes 35th, KDB 36th. I hear this is an appealable DQ but I doubt they overturn this.
HA HA HA HA! Congrats Chase! Ross, go have a huge laugh on your finish ahead of the weasel.

I wasthisclose to changing my pick to Denny when it was announced Kurt couldnt race. Thank goodness I stuck with the 45.

Yogi Berra once said, "It ain't over 'till it's over."

A checkered flag signifying the end of the M&M's Fan Appreciation 400 at Pocono Raceway seemingly indicated that the task of determining the finishing order of the race was over, but no, there was more to come.

Following the disqualification of race winner Denny Hamlin and second place finisher Kyle Busch, the finishing order got a significant make over.

Although the DQ's apparently can be appealed with the possible result being that the original finishing order is reinstated, the post DQ finishing order was used by the management of the NASCAR Pick 'Em 2002 game for scoring purposes.

If the finishing order of the race is revised yet again, the game's scoring will be revised appropriately.

Meanwhile . . . .

The most popular driver pick for the race, selected by eight players, was 16th place finisher Ty Gibbs, filling in for Kurt Busch in the #45 car.

Congrats to @AuzGrams for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award thanks to his pick of the 7th place finisher, Martin Truex Jr.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @2 Sweet as the 10th place finish of his pick, Austin Dillon, moved him up three positions in the standings.

Congrats to @Head423 for maintaining his hold on the top spot in the standings for the thirteenth consecutive race.

However, his lead over second place @MAGICMILER was reduced for the second consecutive race and now stands at 58 points.

2 - #21 results.jpg

Kyle Busch = 36 points
No Pick = 37 points

I actually sent my pick of Kyle Busch to Commissioner @pjmolo on Sunday, but I was ~24 minutes after the deadline, so he (correctly) rejected my pick. By missing the deadline, I scored 1 point more, but I still have KDB to use for a future race.

So I actually come out ahead for being too late, rather than being timely with a pick that got DQ'd. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I get my first win, & the driver proceeds to get DQ'd. My season in a nutshell.
You are having a season to forget for sure. I respect the fact that you keep picking and stay active in it. Much more fun when everyone participates each week 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom